Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Entertainment > Television > Prisoner Cell Block H: The Official UK DVD Forum > The UK DVD Box Sets > Prisoner: Cell Block H - Vol 8 (Episodes 225 - 256)

Like Tree19Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 7th July 2011, 09:53 AM
Blogs Moderator

Default Winner coming

Picking a winner now...
Old 7th July 2011, 03:59 PM
Cult Rookie

A bit confused as I got an email this morning with a thread update, saying "simey" had won??

Congrats to him or her, but he or she didn't post at all on the forum (let alone the stipulated minimum 10 times as part of the competition rules), so I reckon it's a bit unfair on those who did meet the competition criteria
Old 7th July 2011, 04:33 PM
Cultist

lol very confusing!
Old 7th July 2011, 05:03 PM
Blogs Moderator

Allow me to clear things up and take responsibility for a silly human error...

We felt Simey's entry was a winner, but he hadn't contributed elsewhere, something that I personally failed to check.

So...

I updated the forum, remembered my own rules and then had to amend.

What we're going to do now is pick another winner who stuck fully to the rules but send Simey a runners-up prize because that guy bought a special TV aerial in an attempt to pick up secret Wentworth signals from space or something similar and I'm sure we can all agree that dedication like that deserves a nod.
Prisoner00001 likes this.
Old 7th July 2011, 05:32 PM
Cult Rookie

LOL! I think most people would agree that Prisoner is something out of this world, so a special aerial is a must!!
Old 7th July 2011, 08:32 PM
Cult Rookie

Hi all,

It's true I was contacted this morning to say I had won the competition but then had another email to say because I hadn't made the minimum 10 posts that I wasn't eligible to win.

I only really entered the comp for a laugh and never expected to win, I just thought you would all like to hear what mad antics I had been through over the years with my addiction to Prisoner. I didn't know 10 posts had to be made to qualify or I would have done that first before entering. A lot of the Prisoner fans know me from posting on the original OTI forum ,The Wentworth forum and also PrisonerFanForum but I only joined here to keep upto date with the dvd release.

Sam has apologised to me for the error so everything is fine and I look forward to congratulating the real winner who has met the comp rules.

All the best!

Si
Old 8th July 2011, 10:54 AM
Blogs Moderator

OK, after much deliberation, Prisonerjohn is our overall winner and I'll be sending a PM with details about how to claim your prize shortly.

Simey, due to your dedication to duty, there's a copy of the latest box set, Season 8, waiting for you so drop me an email at the address I PMed you.

Again, thanks to everyone who took part, thanks for waiting patiently while I sorted things out and I hope everyone enjoyed taking part.

Quote:
Originally Posted by prisonerjohn View Post
Probably like half of the fans that Prisoner has today, I wasn't even born when the show was first made or broadcast in the UK. I remember distinctly, my mum buying a collection of rather ropey home-recorded episodes of the show off the internet when I was about twelve. She had watched Prisoner when it was broadcast on STV around the 1990s. With the family gathered in the living room having our tea, she put on the first episode and I couldn't believe it. This Australian prison drama, which I had never heard of before, was the best thing I had ever seen. The dramatic sense of tension and excitement that the show has, together with its light-hearted humour and overall warmth somehow appealed to me. In particular, the scene of Franky nick-naming a certain warder 'Vinegar Tits'. I seem to recall searching the web for more information about the show and finding On The Inside, the official fan club website. I soon subscribed to their regular newsletter, which brought the brilliant news of the entire series being released on DVD in Australia. In 2008 (at least I think it was then), my mum gave me the first two volumes for my birthday, and whenever I watch any of the episodes from those two sets, I makes me think of the terrific woman who introduced me to such an iconic and truly enjoyable series. A series that I now proudly have every episode of in my bookshelf. In more recent years, I have taken great pleasure in contributing a few character biographies to On The Inside in my spare time. A couple of weeks back, I gave a talk at college about my fondness of the show and included a short clip. Some of the listeners got my meaning while others sat with confused looks on their faces in response to what I had shown them - a mere example of an extraordinary and highly addictive classic show that now 18-year-old me has come to love.

So, to all the folks of Wentworth (the good, the evil and Lizzie Birdsworth) - you're the absolute best!
Old 8th July 2011, 11:00 AM
Cultist

congrats to both of you xx
Sam@Cult Labs likes this.
Old 8th July 2011, 11:02 AM
Blogs Moderator

Nice one Robert, good sport!
Old 8th July 2011, 02:50 PM
Cult Rookie

LMAO - this gets more confusing!

It was clarified on Facebook that:

"Sam Jones Sam@cultlabs. Clearing up confusions. 1) Please post ten times in the prisoner forum. About anything you like. You can start threads or contribute. The idea is get people talking about the show, not to cause any strife so please have fun wi...th it. 2) It's 10 times since the launch. 3) comments or critiques about these things are welcome, we like running competitions but the onus is on fun and you guys enjoying it because we want the PCBH forum to be a good place for you to visit and a busy forum provides that."

The (new) winner (and congrats to you by the way!) only posted three/four times since the competition was launched

Sorry, I'm not saying this to be awkward, it's just that competitions have rules for a reason.....

Like this? Share it using the links below!