Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   Prisoner: Cell Block H - Vol 8 (Episodes 225 - 256) (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=208)
-   -   Competition: Are You the UK's Biggest Prisoner Fan? (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/prisoner-cell-block-h-vol-8-episodes-225-256/5902-competition-you-uks-biggest-prisoner-fan.html)

Sam@Cult Labs 14th June 2011 02:01 PM

Competition: Are You the UK's Biggest Prisoner Fan?

http://i295.photobucket.com/albums/m...H/pris16-1.jpg

WIN VOLUMES 1-7 OF PRISONER CELL BLOCK H ON DVD

PROVE TO THE WORLD THAT YOUR THE BIGGEST PRISONER FAN IN THE UK!

CHECK OUT VOLUME 8 NOW. AVAILABLE on UK DVD: 27.06.2011

Yes fellow lags, now's your chance to finally prove your devotion to the world's greatest soap and TV's most gripping Prison drama. It's a show that inspires a very unique sort of devotion from it's hardcore fans and if you think you're on the inside, now your chance to show it and win the first seven volumes of the series into the bargain. Celebrate the upcoming release of Volume 8 of the show by entering now!

Pause for a moment to imagine just how great they're going to look in your cell....

How do I win?

1) Add a paragraph or two below telling us why you love Prisoner. The aim here is find the UK's No.1 fan, so if you can't go to sleep without the theme song ringing in your ears like a lullaby then we need to know. If you've taken an occasional ribbing from friends who don't get it then this wins points. If you've ever written PCBH fan fiction, shout it out loud (although please don't contribute any Wentworth novels here, start a thread elsewhere please...). Basically, it's up to you to convince us that you're the biggest fan so go for it.

Note: This thread is for entries only. Please make one post and refrain from commenting on other entries (Mods may pop up from time to time though...). There's loads to explore in the forum and plenty of places to share other Prisoner thoughts and opinions so have a good look around. Which leads me to the second part of the competition...

2) Start or contribute to 10 threads. You know Prisoner, You love Prisoner. Share your ideas and opinions on the show in the other PCBH threads in the official forum. Get out there and help make the forum the No.1 spot for Wentworth lags.

Competition ends on July 4th 12.00 am GMT. Good Luck!

looby3 14th June 2011 05:55 PM

is this the right place for the competition.....anyway....

i once went camping and took a 14 inch portable t.v and a car battery to run it off, so i wouldnt miss prisoner cell block H...the battery ran out before the camping ended, so we packed up and went home...so we wouldn't miss an episode!!!!:lol:

roberto 14th June 2011 05:58 PM

love the acting, the music, the suspense, the storylines,love everything about prisoner cell block h

Sam@Cult Labs 14th June 2011 06:02 PM

Thanks Looby3 and Roberto.

Yes you're in the right place. Camping is for a weekend. Prisoner is forever.

roberto 14th June 2011 06:10 PM

nearly finished volume 7 and looking fwd to volume 8 bring it on

markey1982 14th June 2011 07:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by roberto (Post 158032)
nearly finished volume 7 and looking fwd to volume 8 bring it on

I remember once I couldnt sleep, so I stayed up and put the TV on late night and flicking the channels and was intrigued by this Aussie Soap that had women behind bars shouting and fighting and I thought what on earth is this?

So the next week I tuned in and was instantly hooked. I was about 14 at the time and every week since it was on Meridian (ITV) South, I watched till it ended.

Its a programme that to this day is still in my heart out of any other show and there will never be any show like it on TV again.

Thanks Prisoner for the memories and I enjoy watching them again with the DVD's that come out :)

devilwoman 16th June 2011 08:11 PM

Prisoner

OMG OMG OMG............I could actually win box set 1-7 :D Absolutely loved this then got my hubby hooked and we were gutted when it finished but so glad The Freak got her come uppance!We had a lot of episodes on VHS and i honestly didn't know this was available on dvd or i would have them by now.:woot: I always had to record it as was on late but then when having tea the following day we would catch up.Since then though we have always had a look on sky just in case they put it on but have never seen it.

deldread 16th June 2011 08:22 PM

Double Up

I used to live in a house where we could receive both Anglia and Central regions on ITV. I used to come home from the pub with a take-out & takeaway and watch an episode from one series on Anglia whilst recording an episode from another series on Central to watch straight afterwards. I'd then climb the stairs to bed drunkenly singing the theme tune, much to the annoyance of my house mates

Dumpster 16th June 2011 08:36 PM

Could it be that I am the number one fan because I failed all my exams in high school because I was so tired from staying up to watch Prisoner? Or could it be the box of tapes in my loft with EVERY EPISODE BAR ONE from the point I started watching (Episode 158) to the end? Or how I didn't sleep for a week when I realised I'd missed one?

Or could it be because I own the only copy of the AUTOMATED SCRIPT WRITING TOOL that was used to create every episode of this fabulous show? That's right - there was NO HUMAN INVOLVEMENT in the scriptwriting in the entire 7 years the show was broadcast. To prove this, I have dusted off the Texas Instruments T11-4A computer that runs the software, and selected "CREATE NEW EPISODE" to come up with an all new episode, number 693. I hope you enjoy it!

Prisoner Cell Block H – the new episodes.
Created by the Automated Prisoner Cell Block H Episode Script Generator V1.3
Episode 693.
LAUNDRY:
Bea Smith is operating the steam press, and all the other women are performing their duties. Bea is unhappy with the actions of Margot Gaffney, who has been trying to get the woman to make her top dog.
Bea: Ok, Smoko Girls. Hey, Margot, why don’t you come here and smooth these blankets flat on the steam press.
Margot: Yeah, sure Bea, whatever you say.
Margot brings the steam press down on Margot’s hands. Margot screams and falls backwards, knocking over a large, prominently placed box of Daz washing powder all over the floor. The scream alerts Mrs Morris and Vera Bennet who come running into the laundry from outside.
Vera: What’s going on here? This is a prison, not a holiday camp. Now clean this mess up or you’ll be on a charge!
Meg Morris: (sighing) Alright Margot, what’s going on?
Lizzie: Aw, fair go Mrs M! It was an accident, that’s all!
Meg: What do you think, Vera?
Vera: Isn’t it obvious? They’re animals, and should be treated as animals! It’s obvious that Bea Smith is responsible. She should be put in solitary. Best place for her if you ask me.
Meg: Well, I’m prepared to overlook this, this once.
Lizzie: Aw Mrs M, your bloods worth bottlin’!
Bea (to Lizzie, about Margot) – She’ll keep.
BBBBBAAAAAA—CHUNK! (adverts)
Part 2:
Erica Davidson walks into the laundry.
Erica: Alright, what’s going on here?
Frankie: Bloody screws! Bloody Bastards!
Vera: Watch your mouth Doyle or you’ll be on a charge!
Erica: I will not tolerate insubordination.
Barbie Cox: Naughty Naughty!
Camera cuts towards Edna Pearson, but as soon as she’s about to appear in frame, camera suddenly JUMP CUTS TO:
ERICA DAVIDSON’S OFFICE. Doreen, Judy, Merle and Lizzie are being interviewed to find out what happened to Margot.
Doreen: I promise Mrs. Davidson, I didn’t see what happened. I was with Teddy the whole time.
Lizzie: Well, I’ll be buggered!
Merle – I know how to find out what happened. We’ll ask Captain Marvellous! He’ll find out what happened and he’ll go BLAM! BLAM! VANDALS!
Merle runs around the room making car engine noises and shouting BLAM!
Judy: Oh my GAWD, are you out of your mind?
Erica: Get Merle out of here! I will not tolerate Captain Marvellous in this office.
The telephone rings. Erica answers.
Erica: Yes? Yes. Today? Very well.
Erica hangs up the phone. Immediately, there is a knock at the door.
Erica: Come in.
Miss Ferguson enters.
Ferguson: You wanted to see me governor?
Erica: Yes, I want you to take everyone in the prison to solitary.
Ferguson: Of course, governor.
Ferguson leaves with the prisoners in tow. Erica turns away from them and looks thoughtful and ponders the situation for just that bit too long, whilst some incidental “I am thinking” music plays.

Can I please enter the competition? Thanks!!!

PaulD 16th June 2011 08:40 PM

I was introduced to Prisoner in the ol' Tyne Tees days by my mother. I remember watching recorded episodes from Tyne Tees in the early to mid 90's and even now I seem to recall it was on quite late although I would have been about 10-11 or so at the time so even 10pm would seemed quite late to me! I remember her recording it and watching it at the weekend (or in the morning if she was off during my school summer holidays) and watching some of them with her, being quite shocked at how gritty and violent it seemed to my young eyes! I'd love to watch some of it again to see how much I could remember but at the minute the dvds are at the very very bottom of a long to-buy-list unfortunately.

Hazy things I do remember:

* Lizzie smoking
* the steam press
* The Freak!
* A big fire in the prison
* someone (maybe Lizzie) finally being let out, being unable to adjust to life on the outside and comitting a minor crime (shoplifting?)
* An escape bid during a pantomime
* Constant talk of the "Top Dog"
* And finally, the theme tue which I used to find really depressing even back then

katie 18th June 2011 06:11 PM

Prisoner

Prisoner cell block H holds so many memories for me from when i was younger and used to sit up at night to watch it with my Aunt who is no longer with me.

Sam@Cult Labs 19th June 2011 10:58 AM

I'm not entering, being an admin precludes that. So I'm just offering my paragraph by way of encouragement.

"Prisoner Cell Block H exists for me in a nostalgic netherworld of post-club early 90s haziness and the grit and melodrama of the series was always the perfect way to finish of a night with friends as our circle got infected with the Cell Block bug. Am I the UK's biggest fan? No, there are people who attend celebrity dinners featuring past cast members who deserve that accolade, along with the autograph collectors and the obsessives who can tell you when which episode screened, at what time and in which ITV region but do I love the show above any other TV production. Yes I do. No other show mixes the bizarre and ludicrous with the heartfelt and moving quite so well. That why I love it."

Robert 19th June 2011 01:55 PM

What's not to love about Prisoner? The show shows strong female women in power struggles, kicking the sh*t out of each other. Has scenes that you will never forget and no other show has made such an impact on me. For example when Bea shoots Nola..I was about 11 years old and couldn't sleep after seeing it..and could not watch the scene again until many years later (sad I know)..the same with the David Bridges story..I actually had to close my eyes when we saw the climax to the story! I also love the high-camp value mixed with strong acting..every aspect I love..from the occasional wall wobble to violent and sick scenes..which in my opinion can still hold up today..You rarely see hangings of people on TV nowadays..or someone opening up someone's cuts with a razor blade! I have also now managed to meet 12 of the cast and these memories will stay with me forever and Chrissie is my favourite character..the tart with a heart!
edit: oh and I also make various compilation videos for youtube which take me DAYS!..just for the love of the show..for example
YouTube - ‪Prisoner Cell Block H - Chrissie Latham's best bits‬‏

haz1987 20th June 2011 01:11 PM

Prisoner cell block H is simply pure enjoyment! i remember watching it when i was young and the Freak terrified me. My favourite character no doubt is Lizzie Birdsworth, she always has me in stitches with her shenanigans and quotes. One particular episode stood out for me was episode 92 where she called up Doreen's work for her to call in sick and was completely drunk when she made the call and couldnt work the phone. The imfamous Great Fire was very memorable too, and even to this day the show still manages to hold its own. Best show going!

Sam@Cult Labs 20th June 2011 01:19 PM

Thanks Robert and Haz1987.

I was old enough to enjoy the freak as a bad guy rather than a boogie man so it intriguing to hear from someone younger for whom the character has a much more sinister edge. Brilliant!

I was also always attracted to the knife-edge mix of camp and quality acting/drama. I love the element of the unexpected. Prisoner is always ready to take a bizarre left turn...

maisiecat 21st June 2011 09:50 PM

ahh PCBH...

Thinking about Prisoner reminds me so much of my late mother, she and I used to watch it together before I left home and then talk about it after watching it when I had moved out. We used to get so upset and angry when schedulers would cut it out at no notice on Channel TV. We used to love the show so much. It was so different from any other series on TV at that time. We so empathised with the characters, I loved Lizzie, she used to make me laugh. There has been so much rubbish repeated on TV over the years but not this excellent series which suffered from appalling schedule slots, no full network co-ordination and constant cutting of episodes and yet still became cult viewing for so many. Well done for getting the boxed sets released. I don't think we ever saw it to the end as I'm sure the network here dropped it.

Gary1979 21st June 2011 10:54 PM

Impressionable Young Man

I remember late nights as a young boy (probably just 10 or 11), lying at the foot of my bed as close to my 14inch black and white portable TV as possible so I could have the the volume loud enough to hear hear without Mum being able to hear in the room next door. I can't say at that age I actually understood everything that was happening but still I loved the drama of it all, the often over dramatical incidental music and for many years wanted my own steam press iron . . . . . imagine my disappointment however when my Nan announced she was getting one in 1996 for it to arrive looking nothing like the one from Prisoner Cell Block H and with a distinct lack of high pressure steam shooting out each time it was closed. Clearly my Nan wasn't top dog material!

Being in the Meridian region I was able to follow the episodes for a good 10 years but I couldn't beleive my luck when in 1997 I was able to get double the 'hit' by watching late night on ITV and waking up at the crack of dawn to catch the early episodes on Channel 5 (before falling back to sleep again until my alarm clock went of the second time). Sadly Meridian stopped broadcasting in 1999 and then Channel 5 stopped in 2001 :(

Prisoner Cell Block H became a happy but distant memory of my childhood and teenage years until I was in Glasgow earlier this year and saw the poster saying Elspeth Ballantyne would be coming to the HMV store to sign copies of the DVDs. Sadly, despite my best efforts I couldn't get time off work to attend but the news of DVDs now available had me whipping out my credit card and hitting the HMV website. So today, some 20 or so years after I first became hooked I can still enjoy those early episodes (and understand them this time) and I am proud to say I have passed on the "bug" to my 14 year old step son. He borrows the DVDs to watch on his laptop but like me at that age he doesn't understand all the underlying "themes" and always has lots of questions but I think I'll let him go through that journey of discovery like I did!

chapelhalldoll 22nd June 2011 12:03 AM

hi

my names matthew ive been a prisoner fan since the first time it was aired on british tv never missed i have all episodes on vhs.prisoner helped me through alot of changes in my life it might sound corny but it was a comfort to me and help me make lifes descisions i lost my father in 1997 and watching the show comforted me through that time as i lost my mother ten years later the show brought me happiness in remembering the memories i used to have waiting up at night wondering what the next episode would bring with wonderfull charachters like lizzie birdsworth bea smith and doreen anderson.it wasnt just another tv show it was part of my life and still is and it will remain in my heart for as long as i live xx

Sam@Cult Labs 23rd June 2011 05:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by maisiecat (Post 159620)
Thinking about Prisoner reminds me so much of my late mother

Sorry to get all Oprah on everyone but this really touched me actually. PCBH reminds me of my late best friend, who died a couple of years ago. We bonded over music, ZX Spectrum games and Prisoner and we always made sure we left the pub in good time to catch it on HTV.

Sam@Cult Labs 23rd June 2011 06:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by devilwoman (Post 158517)
I always had to record it as was on late but then when having tea the following day we would catch up

Dedication right there!

prisonerjohn 23rd June 2011 11:44 PM

Probably like half of the fans that Prisoner has today, I wasn't even born when the show was first made or broadcast in the UK. I remember distinctly, my mum buying a collection of rather ropey home-recorded episodes of the show off the internet when I was about twelve. She had watched Prisoner when it was broadcast on STV around the 1990s. With the family gathered in the living room having our tea, she put on the first episode and I couldn't believe it. This Australian prison drama, which I had never heard of before, was the best thing I had ever seen. The dramatic sense of tension and excitement that the show has, together with its light-hearted humour and overall warmth somehow appealed to me. In particular, the scene of Franky nick-naming a certain warder 'Vinegar Tits'. I seem to recall searching the web for more information about the show and finding On The Inside, the official fan club website. I soon subscribed to their regular newsletter, which brought the brilliant news of the entire series being released on DVD in Australia. In 2008 (at least I think it was then), my mum gave me the first two volumes for my birthday, and whenever I watch any of the episodes from those two sets, I makes me think of the terrific woman who introduced me to such an iconic and truly enjoyable series. A series that I now proudly have every episode of in my bookshelf. In more recent years, I have taken great pleasure in contributing a few character biographies to On The Inside in my spare time. A couple of weeks back, I gave a talk at college about my fondness of the show and included a short clip. Some of the listeners got my meaning while others sat with confused looks on their faces in response to what I had shown them - a mere example of an extraordinary and highly addictive classic show that now 18-year-old me has come to love.

So, to all the folks of Wentworth (the good, the evil and Lizzie Birdsworth) - you're the absolute best!

Sam@Cult Labs 24th June 2011 11:22 AM

I published an update blog to help publicize the ongoing competition.

I've quoted posts by Deldread, Dumpster and Robert. Particularly have empathy with the chap who failed his exams by watching to many PCBH episodes.

UPDATE BLOG

Cardinal Richelieu 24th June 2011 12:09 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Why I think I'm the UK's biggest prisoner fan :)

For my girlfriend's and my first anniversary, I bought her a gift that allowed you to create an Andy Warhol style print (like his Marily Monroe one) of any picture you choose.

I was going to get it done as a picture of her, but then I sat and had a wee think about, and thought this would be a much better idea....

This picture now takes pride of place on the bookshelf - glaring down at me while I'm eating my dinner!

simey 24th June 2011 12:52 PM

My first bit of madness was was probably in 1989, arranged to go to Torquay on holidays on the saturday to stay in a caravan but because I knew that TSW ITV broadcast Prisoner on a friday night, my mate and I decided to drive the 250 odd miles the night before so I could get there before 10:40pm to watch their episode, went straight after work on the friday and got there just in time.

Second bit of madness was buying a S-VHS video recorder which then cost £1000 just so I could record Prisoner in better quality (a single 4hr S-VHS tape cost £10 in those days) and I recorded Prisoner on S-VHS tape right until the end on HTV (approx 100 tapes in total) For anyone that doesnt kno- S-VHS tapes would record with approx 4x the picture quality of normal vhs. Cost me a bloody fortune!!

Third bit of madness was travelling around the country following Prisoner cell Block H: The musical with Maggie K and Lily Savage, managed to see if 17 times and visited cities including Swansea, Manchester, Liverpool, Blackpool, Sunderland, Edinburgh, Oxford etc etc

Fourth bit of madness was setting my alarm clock every morning for 04:35 so I could record Prisoner on S-VHS off channel 5, I would force myself to stay awake so I could pause the adverts and I did this from episode 1 until I caught up with the episodes I started recording in S-VHS from HTV (episode 476 if i remember correctly) BONKERS!!

More madness... Booked to see Maggie Millar in Newcastle, had to fly from Cardiff International Airport to Edinburgh Airport and then get a train down to Newcastle to see Maggie, so 3 countiries just to see Maggie (Wales/Scotland/England) ok It sounds a lot more than it actually was but Maggie seemed impressed!! Haha

Oh yeah this is probably the most bonkers thing I did, I used to live in a small village in south wales which is surrounded by mountains, our local ITV region was HTV Wales but I was convinced that if I bought a big enough and powerful enough tv aerial then I would be able to pick up other ITV regions and tune into their episode of Prisoner (all the regions showed different episodes of Prisoner in those days), I visited my local aerial shop and purchased one of those huge aerials (about 6fth long and heavy!) that had a motor, which allowed me to rotate it by remote control, I plonked it on my mothers washing line pole to get maximum height, I sat in my bedroom with this rediculous remote control watching this huge aerial revolving and discovering it didnt even pick up HTV Wales very well so I kept rotating back and forth and becuase it was so big and heavy I heard this almighty crash as the constant revolving plus the weight of it brought my mams washing line pole crashing to the floor!! Nightmare, funny though when I think back, I was only 17 or 18 so I was a bit daft then haha!

Sam@Cult Labs 24th June 2011 02:29 PM

I think I see a theme developing in extreme lag-hood. An overwhelming desire to sacrifice normal life in the pursuit of a late night fix. Exams, holidays, the good will of friends and neighbours... All are as nothing compared with shaky cell doors, sadistic wardens and Bea Smith at the press.

Cardinal Richelieu 24th June 2011 02:39 PM

Flaming Galah!

That trumps me. Well done Simey :clap:

Sam@Cult Labs 24th June 2011 02:42 PM

Ok lads... There's only one way to decide this. I want to see fresh PCBH tattoos posted on Monday.

If anyone turns up with a full back piece of Bea Smith and The Freak fighting they win!

joaniefwergusondivine 27th June 2011 05:21 PM

gotta be be

Well I changed my name to "Joan Ferguson" by deed poll so I think I should win:dance:

Sam@Cult Labs 27th June 2011 07:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by joaniefwergusondivine (Post 161015)
Well I changed my name to "Joan Ferguson" by deed poll so I think I should win:dance:

Do you have the papers to prove this? :)

joaniefwergusondivine 27th June 2011 08:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sam@Cult Labs (Post 161085)
Do you have the papers to prove this? :)

I do indeed, also my middle name is Elphaba because f Maggie Kirkpatrick being in Wicked... I'm more of a fans of hers than anything else. but Prisoner is my all time obsession :-)

joaniefwergusondivine 27th June 2011 09:08 PM

Not strictly a "prisoner" tattoo, but I do have a small red kangaroo as a tribute to the film Welcome To Woop Woop, which Maggie starred in. I'm not mad enough to get her face on me ;-)

Robert 1st July 2011 01:36 AM

Changing your actual name to Joan Ferguson sounds pretty dedicated to me!! My car is called Brandy after Brandy Carter but thats not quite as devoted

Cal2008 2nd July 2011 07:01 PM

Well i was a kid when i made my 1st vist to wentworth, it was my mum and dad that got me into wentworth, i can remember was i was a 11 and mum and dad treated me to the inside story book we had to rush as it was 5,30 and wh smith were closeing and my dad asked if i could go and get these book and the women let me as she was a fan to, last year i payed a 100 that i saved to just get the book from the boxset, i would love one day to meet some of the cast but i am agroaphobic so you have to let me be the only person, i got all the novels uk and usa ones but would not part with them, i think i love all the run as they is always something going on, i love how the storylines can still be watched as if it was made yesterday.

Cal2008 2nd July 2011 07:05 PM

Just wanted to add now this is sad i have the theme as my mob ringtone. Lol

Prisoner00001 3rd July 2011 05:12 PM

Well, Prisoner has been in my life since I was four or five and some of my earliest memories are of watching with my Dad. I remember a sleepover at my friend's house when I was little and how we weren't allowed to watch Prisoner when it was screened, but we managed to watch it in the end - with the sound on "mute" and then properly (from the VHS recording) the next morning!

I was over the moon back in 1997 (?) when Channel 5 started to air it again and I could really start to appreciate its quality writing and storylines as a (well nearly) adult.

My first long term relationship came about through a Prisoner chat forum, back in 1999ish and I well remember us both waking at 0440hrs (or whatever time it was screened at on Channel 5) to watch AND record it. Four happy years, but it was not to last :)

So, then came DVDs and I picked up a couple of bootleg sets on eBay, for it was the only way of watching it. If I recall, I think I paid around £30 per 100 episodes. A few years later, I picked upa bootleg set for £70 or so!

Next was the first and only time I have met a cast member and without revealing who it was on this forum, that experience left me too traumatised to meet any more LOL! Didn't somebody once say, "never meet your heroes"? Thankfully, I do realise that there are cast members who are so much more than the charcaters they portray and who really do care about their fans :)

Next came the official DVDs and I started importing them from Oz - I think I got to volume 16 and then, even though I wasn't working at the time, I ordered the big boxset in that fabulous metal case. The time I spent looking out of the window, waiting for Postman Pat to arrive with it!!

So, what else? My first car was called Susie (after Ms Driscoll), my second Erica (after our Governor Queen) and my current car is called Pixie, after the lovely Pixie Mason (what else could I call her when she is a Nissan Pixo?).

If it hadn't been for Prisoner, then I'd probably never have seen so many wonderful Australian series. I'm lucky enough to have complete sets of Sons & Daughters, The Flying Doctors, A Country Practice and Carson's Law, to name but a few. For many, Prisoner is just that, but for me, it has been a gateway into the world of quality acting and much, much more.

Not sure whether it counts, but I had schoolboy crushes on Doreen and Sandy - no wonder I turned out gay LOL!!

Last but certainly not least, if it hadn't been for Prisoner, then I never would have come to meet my best friend. We've had so many laughs, fun and outrageousness over the years.....much at the expense of our beloved show!!

LONG LIVE PRISONER!!! :woot:

Beas_babes 3rd July 2011 05:42 PM

Why I believe i am the biggest Prisoner Fan

I persoanlly love Prisoner cell block H, it is a great drama which it's day tackled a lot of subjects never dealt with before on TV, so was very ground breaking, but unlike some programmes it has stood the test of time and is still as watchable now as it was when first shown, it has had some of the greatest tv,stage and film actresses grace it's screen over 692 episodes, plus unlike most TV series, you were not looking all glam and gorgeous, yet some looked without even trying.And i think people will still be wathcing in another 30 years time when no doubt the next generation will be introduced to the high's and lows in Wentworth Dentention Centre.

Also i am bordering on obsessed with watching it, i have it on whilst eating breakfast, if im stood doing the washing up i always have it playing, at work, soon as it's meal break time out come the headphones and on comes Prisoner, even now to the stage where me work mates come in and say "oh look cell block again"

Before the release of DVD's i used to frantically tape episodes from the TV, and the last showing was on Yorkshire, now i am based in East Anglia, and i ended up with a snowy picture, in colour with perfect sound but picture was really bad, but that did not deter me? nope i put them on tape and sat down to watch them in the mornings, and i even still have the VHS tapes with the recordings on, that's how much i love Prisoner Cell Block H

There are also DVD's you can rent, but because i had bought lots of Prisoner DVD's i forgot all about 1 which i had rented and kept for 18 months, and was paying £6.00 a month for, because i was watching episode after episode of Prisoner Cell Block H, and failed to send it back.they got it back in the end, but it cost me a fortune.

Sam@Cult Labs 4th July 2011 12:15 PM

BETTING ENDS!

The No.1 Prisoner fan competition is now officially closed. A winner will be selected later this week and announced here. A Private message will also be sent to the lucky lag with the successful entry.

Massive thanks to everyone who contributed and good luck everyone!

Robert 4th July 2011 06:03 PM

does the rule of contributing to 10 threads still apply..cos I dont mean to be a party pooper but most people who have entered have not done that?

Prisoner00001 4th July 2011 07:53 PM

Hopefully it will, as that was one of the T&Cs of entry and I spent time trying (and will continue) to contribute...........now, BACK TO THE LAUNDRY! :clap:

Robert 4th July 2011 07:55 PM

hardly anyone has contributed to 10 seperate threads though..I am not even sure if I have to be honest..and if the comp is now closed how can anyone win? lol