Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Entertainment > Television > Prisoner Cell Block H: The Official UK DVD Forum > Prisoner's Fan File

Like Tree4Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 21st March 2011, 01:50 PM
Cult Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert View Post
I think there are a few more than what have been shown to us..and the compilation ones on youtube are all mistakes that are actually in the show so not actual bloopers as such..The proper bloopers that are readily available I think are
  • Dept guy calling Len Murphy "Les"
  • Doreen hitting the cabinet in the toilets but falling to the floor
  • Doreen giving Meg medicine that she can't sip properly and laughs
  • Noeline fluffing her lines and swearing
  • Joyce talking to Meg and says "I cant remember what to say"

and their is the one of Erica, Jim etc smoking a spliff in her office..I have seen it but can't remember where
Hahahaha would love to see that. I have heard about it, but never seen it.
The one from Doreen and Meg is actually my very first Prisoner scene I ever saw. It made me watch the first ep and got me hooked
Old 21st March 2011, 04:38 PM
The Big Cheese
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMIOUSE View Post
As many of us know the UK release is a straight copy of the Aussie one in terms of disc contents and things. But, I was wondering if there was any possibility of other possibly newer extras been shot or added? We'd all love to see the On The Inside documentary but how about -

New interviews with Val Lehman, Amanda Muggleton etc talking about Prisoners success in the UK and their time over here
The Prisoner Musical - broadcast only once in Australia in 1980 I believe
The fan made episode 693
Deleted Scenes
Out-takes
An episode of the male version of Prisoner, Punishment
A feature on the infamous 'set wobbles' and 'boom mic' appeareances
I'm afraid we probably won't ever see new extras for the UK editions simply because there just isn't the budget. We all know how good Prisoner is but it is a niche box set release and sadly money has to be spent on things like a BBFC fee for each disc and once you've manufactured and shipped it all there's not a lot left. If we could somehow make this a blockbuster seller (as frankly it should be!) then perhaps there would be an argument to try and find more stuff but it's about as likely as Lizzie walking past a still without ramming it full of anything to hand and drinking the result!
Old 21st March 2011, 06:00 PM
Cult Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert View Post
why??
Well, this the official forum and I would like to make it as comprehensive as possible, plus it saves a lot of time not having to jump between sites to look at the clip. Would you not like a clips section that contains a plethora of Prisoner goodness?

Last edited by mr 420; 21st March 2011 at 06:37 PM.
Old 27th March 2011, 10:15 PM
Cultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr 420 View Post
Well, this the official forum and I would like to make it as comprehensive as possible, plus it saves a lot of time not having to jump between sites to look at the clip. Would you not like a clips section that contains a plethora of Prisoner goodness?
well it opens in a new window anyway so it wont take you away from the forum
Old 29th March 2011, 10:19 AM
Cultist in Training

i haven't watched any of the extras on the UK dvds.. i've just been racing through the episodes as fast as i can.. have they been any good ?
Old 8th April 2011, 04:15 PM
Cultist in Training

The extras are good, waldo. They're exactly the same as the extras on the Australian releases but my favourites are the episode commentaries. Amanda Muggleton's are particularly good to listen to
Old 11th April 2011, 11:02 AM
Cultist in Training

I particularly enjoy the commentary with writer/producer Ian Bradley on episode 1. It's very intriguing to hear how the show was developed originally.
Old 11th April 2011, 02:27 PM
Cultist in Training

there was an Easter Egg on one of the discs.. did you guys find it ?
Old 17th April 2011, 07:38 PM
Cult Rookie

Things I wold Like to see as Bonus Features.

The Musical - On Stage Documentary/Performance with Lily Savage and Maggie as The Freak.
The Musical - Saw Stills from The Musical TV show and Jim Fletcher sings?
Life After Wentworth - Clips and Pics of show favourites in other soaps like Vera in Home and Away, Helen in Neighbours etc etc
The Documentary/Interviews from recent gathering of characters for the Aussie TV re release.

And most wanted - rebuilt the set as best they can and have as many characters as you can from over the years ( 50+) walk through the prison again and have their thoughts as a final goodbye DVD, no offence i know it was shot 30 odd years ago and some have already passed away, maybe include older interivews from archive footage.
Old 4th June 2011, 01:25 PM
Cult Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Almar@Cult Labs View Post
I'm afraid we probably won't ever see new extras for the UK editions simply because there just isn't the budget. We all know how good Prisoner is but it is a niche box set release and sadly money has to be spent on things like a BBFC fee for each disc and once you've manufactured and shipped it all there's not a lot left. If we could somehow make this a blockbuster seller (as frankly it should be!) then perhaps there would be an argument to try and find more stuff but it's about as likely as Lizzie walking past a still without ramming it full of anything to hand and drinking the result!
I totally understand what you're saying, Almar. It's amazing we've had so much of a release in the UK at all! But in saying that, the other side of the coin is that I'm sure it would help improve sales over here if they did manage to put out a few different extras with the volumes so there was some difference from the Australian release.

There's a considerable core of avid Prisoner fans within the UK who will have picked up the series in its entirety from Australia, who might be reluctant to buy the UK version as it's effectively the same product, but I do appreciate how it's a bit of a Catch-22 situation!

Like this? Share it using the links below!