Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Entertainment > Television > Prisoner Cell Block H: The Official UK DVD Forum > Prisoner's Fan File

Like Tree4Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 9th December 2011, 11:27 AM
Cult Rookie

I have searched for it for years but to no avail.
Old 9th December 2011, 11:28 AM
Cult Rookie

Sweet. Sorry. Just new here and still reading through my regulations book. Thanks Mrs. Barry.
Old 9th December 2011, 11:33 AM
Cult Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by marilyns_mole View Post
Sweet. Sorry. Just new here and still reading through my regulations book. Thanks Mrs. Barry.
No problem bud, I had even forgooten that it was there. One thing though, it's not Mrs Barry, it's Governer Craven!
Old 9th December 2011, 11:57 AM
Cult Rookie

Ah. Ok.
Old 11th December 2011, 04:12 PM
Competitions Moderator
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader

Nice call, 420! Threads have now been merged
Old 12th January 2016, 08:20 PM
Cult Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by marilyns_mole View Post
Thanks for the welcome there.

Here is a copy of what Wikipedia says of Episode 693.

Episode 693 was a fan-made new episode of the series which was exhibited at a 1995 "Prisoner: Cell Block H" convention in Durham in the UK. The convention was organised by the editors of "The Block", the now defunct unofficial fanzine, which ran from 1993-1998. Episode 693 featured Joan Ferguson, Dennis Cruikshank, Erica Davison, Lizzie Birdsworth, Myra Desmond, Bobbie Mitchell, Reb Kean, Frank Burke, Barbara Fields, Vera Bennett and Joyce Barry. The storylines centred around Vera Bennett's incarceration inside Wentworth after being convicted of fraud at Barnhurst, and her attempts to escape in a hot air balloon with the help of Barbara Fields. The Freak uses Reb to sell acid pills to the women disguised as smarties and Top Dog Myra ends up being chucked into the washing machine by Reb and Frank. Bobbie and Lizzie's booze-making hi-jinks come to a sticky end for Barbara when the whole lot explodes in a fire bomb, just as Vera is making her escape!

Oh how I wish to see this episode!!!!!!!
I was one of the cast. I played Frank Burke but we had to change all the names because of copyright. So I was Fred Banks instead. There was Bobbie Mitchins, Derek Cockshaft I think, lemon lips instead of Vinegar Tits. The steam press was two ironing boards hinged together with aerosols for steam. We couldn't have been more than 16 yrs old at the time.

My character got locked in a shed at the end with another prisoner. Its all a very long time ago.

I remember a weird dream sequence with ferguson selling drugs to prisoners. I remember they mostlt spoke in geordie accents lol. Yeah there was a hot air balloon escape.

The credits said "A Grumpy Organisation Production".

I think Graham, the lad who seemed to be running it, had gotten some shit off Grundy about it.

The end product was terrible but as I say we were all really really young, and it was good fun to do. But I think people were expecting some long lost episode. It was shown at the convention and I recall people walking out.
Stephen@Cult Labs and mr 420 like this.
Old 13th January 2016, 02:37 PM
Cult Addict

A big welcome to cellblockhstuff. I think you are going to get a question or two over your infamy!
Old 15th January 2016, 01:07 PM
Cult Rookie

Thanks ☺
Old 15th January 2016, 02:27 PM
Cult Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by cellblockhstuff View Post
Thanks ☺
So, how does it feel to be a part of P:CBH lore?
Old 17th January 2016, 02:35 PM
Cult Rookie

On the one hand it feels pretty cool but on the other its really frustrating to not have kept the vhs copy I got in 1995.

Like this? Share it using the links below!