Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   Prisoner's Fan File (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=240)
-   -   Episode 693 (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/prisoners-fan-file/7333-episode-693-a.html)

JAMIOUSE 2nd March 2011 07:18 PM

DVD Extras?

As many of us know the UK release is a straight copy of the Aussie one in terms of disc contents and things. But, I was wondering if there was any possibility of other possibly newer extras been shot or added? We'd all love to see the On The Inside documentary but how about -

New interviews with Val Lehman, Amanda Muggleton etc talking about Prisoners success in the UK and their time over here
The Prisoner Musical - broadcast only once in Australia in 1980 I believe
The fan made episode 693
Deleted Scenes
Out-takes
An episode of the male version of Prisoner, Punishment
A feature on the infamous 'set wobbles' and 'boom mic' appeareances

Robert 2nd March 2011 11:26 PM

I can't see them doing a feature on boom mics or walls wobbling somehow! lol
or that awful fan made episode

mr 420 3rd March 2011 11:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Robert (Post 132559)
I can't see them doing a feature on boom mics or walls wobbling somehow! lol
or that awful fan made episode

Ha ha! I was going to ask about the quality of that fan-made episode, but you've already answered my question.:)

JAMIOUSE 3rd March 2011 06:44 PM

Is the fan made episode THAT bad?

mr 420 4th March 2011 11:03 AM

I've just been reading up on it on Wiki and it actually sounds totally over the top, like they have tried to shoe horn in the plot devices of 100 shows into just one episode. Some of the incidents that occur in the show (escape by hot air balloon, Joan using Reb to sell drugs disguised as smarties etc, etc) seem to be rehashes of great scenes that had already been in the program. God knows what the acting would be like!?!

Stephen@Cult Labs 4th March 2011 01:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mr 420 (Post 132954)
I've just been reading up on it on Wiki and it actually sounds totally over the top, like they have tried to shoe horn in the plot devices of 100 shows into just one episode. Some of the incidents that occur in the show (escape by hot air balloon, Joan using Reb to sell drugs disguised as smarties etc, etc) seem to be rehashes of great scenes that had already been in the program. God knows what the acting would be like!?!

Over the top sounds just right! As soon as I got to the part about the hot air balloon and the smarties I had a little chuckle to myself. It would be great to get that on one of the sets. It sounds like the same thing they did with the Rising Damp and Steptoe and Son films, re-using classic scenes.

mr 420 4th March 2011 04:52 PM

If it was the proper actors then I would say that it would be well worth watching, but as far as I can gather it's been done by amateurs. Even I have my limits! :)

Stephen@Cult Labs 4th March 2011 07:39 PM

Ah. silly me. I read it as the actors appearing instead of just the characters.

mr 420 5th March 2011 10:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stephen@Cult Labs (Post 133135)
Ah. silly me. I read it as the actors appearing instead of just the characters.

I would probably still give it a watch even if only to test my edurance levels.

haz1987 7th March 2011 11:01 PM

it would be interesting to see the fan made ep