Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Entertainment > Television > Prisoner Cell Block H: The Official UK DVD Forum > Prisoner's Fan File

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By lostus

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 1st February 2012, 12:49 AM
Cult Rookie

Default Prisoner years later fan fiction.

Was thinking of writing a few short stories about characters and what happened to them 25 years later or so. Each story is central to one character with other`s involved also, but focusing on one or two in particular. I am not a professional writer so my stories would probably seem to need editing but hopefully the stories themselves and the interest level would make up for it. I am also not a super `hardcore` fanatic, so there maybe tiny bits that could be slightly inaccurate. That`s why I would`nt get in to anything too intricate. As I said the stories would intertwine most of the time. Some idea`s are as follows.

Lizzie`s last few months.weeks of life.
Doreen`s life and hiding the past from a family she has created.
Pixie 25 years after she was...you know...and what she has become.
Joan Ferguson after she is released from prison.
Vera`s retirement from governership.
Jock Stewart`s life from the accident up until 25 years later and one more encounter with Judy.
And, this may start a riot - The story of how Bea Smith faked her own death and why no one found out.

Anyway, here is a small sample of what i have written so far, Like I said - Amaturish and probably is not going to end up on the best sellers list (It`s free anyway...)

Pixie Mason -

Coming up roses....

The middle aged woman with the blond bob sat behind her desk,A phone begging for attention rings in another office behind a closed door. She waits patiently for her latest client to come in. She knows about this woman who was soon to come through the door - She knew the client too had been in Wentworth detention centre as a convicted criminal. The phone in the distance stopped.It seemed to make the whole building go quiett even though there was still chatter and papers being shuffled and such. Her biggest fear was more anticipation rather than anything negative. What would she say? She sits, thinking about how her life had led her to this chair at this moment in time, She thought about the rape by that pig Burke, She thought about that day everyday. How could she not? It had almost destroyed her.The `silence` was broken - BZZZZ..."Yes?", "Your two O`clock is here ma`am" "Thank you send her in please".

The door opened, There her client stood looking naturally like an older version of the person she last saw 25 years ago. Her hair was darker and her voice was a little deeper, The lady in standing in the doorway didn`t make eye contact so there wasn`t much hope of being recognized immediately, however she knew a formal introduction would leave no doubt. "Good afternoon, and thank you for coming",They quickly shook hands. She felt a lump in her throat as she felt her heart start to race, She knew her next words would be a shock."My name...is..." Like jumping in to a swimming pool she hesitated for a brief second imagining either that first blast of paralyzing cold water enveloping her as her client stared at her with vacant,tired eye`s, "Marlene...Marlene Russell, Formally Warren...Hello Pixie..."

"Nice to meet you Marlene..." Now Marlene felt her eye`s become sad....

It`s all I have written, but I have idea`s of where they are all going. Let me know, but don`t be too mean if it sucks.
iluvdvds@Cult Labs likes this.
Old 9th February 2012, 02:25 PM
Competitions Moderator
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader

Woah! Incredible work lostus! Have you written any other Prisoner fan fiction before?
Old 12th February 2012, 09:43 PM
Cult Rookie

No, I have`nt - This is the total amount i have written in the previous post. Reading it again I feel it is a bit...amateurish, so i guess i am a little intimidated about going further, But some idea`s going through my head I think are interesting. One that i really want to do is about Bea Smith not only being alive still, but free and not on the run and the circumstances of how it occurred and some shocking secrets behind it. If i do carry on writing stories, they wont be novel length. I guess short stories on each character. Other`s will be the last days of Lizzie`s life, What happened after Joan was released from prison, One more encounter with Jock for Judy, Doreen and Kevin meeting again 20 years later. If there is more interest I will get myself motivated. Actually might continue the above story a little today... Thanks
Old 12th February 2012, 11:29 PM
Cult Rookie

Ok, I have carried on a little bit more with this, It took me about an hour to write as you will probably be able to tell, but I hope the story will make you overlook the negatives of my outlay...

"Hello Sandra", Dr Walsh said as he glided through the door and past Pixie, as she sat stoically watching the tree`s outside flailing softly, Then taking a chair himself, opposite her and interrupting the scene she really was`nt commuted to anyway,he continued "I am so proud of you and I really have been waiting for this day from when we first met." Pixie`s eyes instinctively darted to a random direction in the office, as they always seemed to do when any hint of the reason she was at Ingsdale was thought about or mentioned. "Well I hope things have`nt changed too much since i was a girl" Her smile weakly hid the fraudulence behind it, "So what will I do once I leave? This has become a home to me for the past 8 years and...","Sandra, You will be fine with Mrs Franklin and she is looking forward to being your foster carer so to speak, not to mention your friend and she will get you more or less, stabilized and reinitialized with day to day living" Pixie found herself smirking within about Dr Walsh`s habit of using `non-commitment` when he spoke "More or less" and "So to Speak" Although she found some humor in it, she craved to hear something solid from him, but she knew him a bit too well."Now we have sorted out your prescriptions, your future appointments with myself and Dr Hughly and you know where we are if you really need us." "Yes...I guess i do." Her eye`s almost went dark as she looked at Dr Walsh. His thick black moustache, contradictory hairline and perfectly secured eye glasses, "Do you really think I will be able to live outside of here? It`s been a long time since i have not had walls to shield me, I know you will say I cant depend on Ingsdale forever, but..." The reason she was where she sat at that very moment started sneaking up on her, which forced her to cut what she was about to say short. Pixie talked about what happened with Frank Burke many times in group or with Dr Walsh and Dr Hughly, now she realized she was on auto pilot whenever the subject came up. At first, after coming out of her haze she would be hysterical and need medication. Once the realization that she would not be left alone regarding Burke and the rape until she faced it set in, She learn`t to almost pretend she was reading a script for a play or tv show. All her emotions were turned off like how the world would go dark just by closing her eyes, she found it became easier with practice.

"But...?" Dr Walsh`s voice brought her back, "But..." Almost instinctively she changed direction "...I know how much you have taken an interest in me and how much you have helped me and I cant thank you both enough but I suppose I dont want to disappoint you or Dr Hughly". "Sandra, I wont lie to you, You have been through so much, even more so after you arrived here. I would be more worried if you had gotten to this point quicker. Look at it like this - If you put a roast in the oven on full heat It will cook quicker but in the center of it nothing will have changed. We made small steps every day and I truly believe you will make further progress by yourself, but YOU have to look towards the future rather than dwell on whether or not you will live up to standards that are perfect". The room was still as Sandra took in Dr Walsh`s words. The dark cloud of that day was not as prevalent as it was 8 years ago, but she still could not see any sunlight. The world was stale, the flowers lived to eventually wither and she was not walking in to a new life, but waiting for every new day only because it was another day removed from her first death.

"The taxi is waiting. It will take you to Alice`s house and she will get you settled in". Dr Walsh extended his hand as did Pixie, he grasped her hand with both of his and squeezed with vigor, "Pixie remember this - You`re not who you think you are, you only think you are" Pixie looked at him with a look of confusion, not only because of his cryptic advice but because he had never called her `Pixie` before. Once again she tuned out and gave him the reward of hope even though inside she felt like a sheep that did`nt know if she was going to be taken away to be sheared or slaughtered. "Goodbye Dr Walsh and please tell Dr Hughly that I appreciate every moment you both were there for me". With that, Pixie stepped in to the taxi door being held open by the driver. As she sat down reality set in. She was alone. And her life as she remembered it only begun 8 years ago with her spirit being vanquished....
Old 12th February 2012, 11:35 PM
Cult Rookie

Thats not all, just as far as i have gotten til next time,

Like this? Share it using the links below!