Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Entertainment > Television > Prisoner Cell Block H: The Official UK DVD Forum > Topic of the Week > Prisoner's Past Weekly Discussions

Like Tree2Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 5th September 2011, 01:51 PM
Competitions Moderator
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader

Default Favourite Prison Officer?

So to kick start the weekly Prisoner discussions, what better place to start than with the screws.

So what's your favourite officer? Is it Jackson perhaps? Maybe it's ol' Vinegar Tits? Or is it the most feared of them all...The Freak?

What makes them so great? When were they at their very best?

And of course, who are your least favourite officers? Perhaps it one of the totally mute background ones or maybe you've got it in for one of the bigger fishes?

Let us know here!
Old 5th September 2011, 01:55 PM
Competitions Moderator
Good Trader

For me, it just has to be Vera.

Sure she's not the nicest character in Wentworth, far from it - but that's what makes her so great. With your pulled back hair, and the stare that could turn you to stone. But deep down, this workaholic has a heart - somewhere. Deep down, all she wants is to be loved.

Three cheers for Vinegar Tits!
Old 5th September 2011, 04:11 PM
Cult Addict

Vera is good and so is Joan Ferguson, who would come a close second and third in my choice, but for me the winner is (by a long way) officer Rodney Adams who was played superbly by Philip Hyde. A smarmy lap dog to Governer Joan Ferguson he liked to think that he weilded some power in the joint, but Rita and the girls would alway put hm in his place whaen his head got too big. IMO one of the best ever Prisoner performances. A mention must go to Jock Stewart for just being pure evil!
Old 6th September 2011, 11:53 AM
Cult Rookie

Delia Stout - what was the point of her?
Old 10th September 2011, 03:26 PM
Cult Rookie

1. Vera Bennet. I love good ol' Vinegar Tits, she often cracks me up with some of the things she says, despite her having a straight sense of humour. "nice to see so many smiling faces... We'll soon fix that! Get back to work! All of you!"

2. Meg Jackson. Sure, I know, she's the nice one, without her, many of the prisoners would suffer more.

3. I don't really have a third, but at the moment, i'd say Joan Ferguson, and the reason being, i'm upto episode 131, so nowhere near her episodes yet, but i know she's trouble, and i'm sure after i have seen the entire run, she may even wind up higher on my list.

Special mention to Fletch the Letch. I can't say I agreed with some of his methods of doing things (such as sleeping with ex prisoners to blackmail them), and being favourable to the more attractive prisoners (believe it or not, i'm a straight bloke), i did feel he was generally a fair character.
Old 10th September 2011, 05:48 PM
Cult Don
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Oh sorry.
I thought we were talking screws in the infamous BAR-L........

Teddy, I'm a Scotch drinker - you know that. I just have the occasional brandy when I'm not drinking.
Old 12th September 2011, 11:15 AM
Cult Addict

Nobody mentioned Ernest Craven yet?
Old 29th February 2012, 06:32 PM
Cult Rookie

Po Face was always my fave (and still is many years later!) So sarcastically funny to absolutley everyone. Love her!
Old 21st July 2012, 09:33 PM
Cult Rookie

Default My Favorite Officer

Vera Bennett is my all time favorite, then after she left, it was Meg Morris, next is Colleen Powell, then the most handsome one was Steve, played by Wayne Jarratt. May he rest in peaceray

What makes them so great? When were they at their very best?

And of course, who are your least favourite officers? Perhaps it one of the totally mute background ones or maybe you've got it in for one of the bigger fishes?

Let us know here![/QUOTE]
Old 24th July 2012, 08:10 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

It's strange, when I was a kid and allowed to stay up late to watch Prisoner I really liked Meg Jackson / Morris then when I bought the Aussie DVD's the other year she really grated on me. Everything that could happen to a person seemed to happen to Saint Meg.

Anyway, it's a toss up between Vera as she was stern but often fair and a realist and Collen as she had some very funny lines and was acted brilliantly.

Like this? Share it using the links below!