Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Cult Labels > Official Shameless Fan Forum > The Shameless Collection > Ratman
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 28th February 2011, 02:23 PM
Ex-member

Horrible movie, imo. But not THAT boring retrospectively. Still a miss by Shameless i think, be it one of the very few.
Old 2nd March 2011, 08:03 AM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete View Post
Without doubt one of the worst films I have ever seen.
I have to agree. Bought it for the same reason most have; David Warbeck. It has a strange twisted charm though.
Old 2nd March 2011, 09:49 AM
Grindhouse Project Co-ordinator

I have just recived my copy of Ratman through the post today. I will most probably watch it tonight and then come on here and give my verdict.
Old 2nd March 2011, 12:14 PM
Newsletter Moderator
Forum Moderator

Ratman has my undying love.

Yes it's pap, but it's funny pap!
Old 17th October 2017, 01:27 PM
Cult Rookie

Yeah, it's with a heavy heart I give this a thumbs down.

However, it earns it's place on the Shameless shelf for being the only product in HMV to be advertised with the tagline:

"He's the critter from the shitter!"

I've been in endless tears digging it out and showing anyone unfortunate enough to accompany me.
Old 17th October 2017, 01:40 PM
The Big Cheese
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by anthony_burtwistle View Post
Yeah, it's with a heavy heart I give this a thumbs down.

However, it earns it's place on the Shameless shelf for being the only product in HMV to be advertised with the tagline:

"He's the critter from the shitter!"

I've been in endless tears digging it out and showing anyone unfortunate enough to accompany me.
Glad you like the tagline - I can't say it was boring creating that one! Not an accomplishment you share with your parents mind...
Old 17th October 2017, 01:48 PM
Cult Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Almar@Cult Labs View Post
Glad you like the tagline - I can't say it was boring creating that one! Not an accomplishment you share with your parents mind...
Question for you actually - has anyone from the original productions of these films ever got in touch about stuff like that, good or bad?

If it were my film given that tagline I'd be over the moon, but I can imagine some of the more pretentious foreign filmmakers could be a little more touchy right?
Old 17th October 2017, 02:04 PM
The Big Cheese
Good Trader

Quote:
Question for you actually - has anyone from the original productions of these films ever got in touch about stuff like that, good or bad?

If it were my film given that tagline I'd be over the moon, but I can imagine some of the more pretentious foreign filmmakers could be a little more touchy right?
No - nobody ever did with any of the early titles. The thing is whilst plenty have gone on to become highly considered by fans (maybe not so much old Ratty (although I have a soft spot)) at the time many of these movies were made as throwaway opportunistic schlock. That would be heresy to say to many fans but the mood of that along with the days of equally opportunistic video labels fuelled the attitude of the packaging copy.
Old 17th October 2017, 02:27 PM
Cult Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Almar@Cult Labs View Post
No - nobody ever did with any of the early titles. The thing is whilst plenty have gone on to become highly considered by fans (maybe not so much old Ratty (although I have a soft spot)) at the time many of these movies were made as throwaway opportunistic schlock. That would be heresy to say to many fans but the mood of that along with the days of equally opportunistic video labels fuelled the attitude of the packaging copy.
Yeah you're right - I kinda lost sight of the fact we're talking about "RATMAN"!
Old 17th October 2017, 02:32 PM
The Big Cheese
Good Trader

Quote:
Yeah you're right - I kinda lost sight of the fact we're talking about "RATMAN"!
Sits in the same horror toilet-featuring sub genre as Street Trash.

Like this? Share it using the links below!