Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   The Rec Room - Series Debate (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=135)
-   -   Worst Era Of Prisoner... (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/rec-room-series-debate/10134-worst-era-prisoner.html)

jamie_leigh44 15th December 2012 12:01 AM

Worst Era Of Prisoner...

Though the majority of the show was brilliant television, there are certain eras in the show which seem far better/worse than others...
I'm currently around the 560 mark first time watching.

I've heard a lot of criticism about the Barnhurst 5 era, and granted they haven't been in that long where i am... but i really don't find it better or worse than usual... - the only thing i would say is that Lexie Patterson (hardly an old lag) is about the only original around the place atm.

But personally, the worst era for me is around the 370 mark... Nola has had her exit... Maxine is back inside (was always one of my least liked characters) Maggie May Kennedy, Lainie (left not long ago) Micky#2 and her non committed boyfriend, Litza and her Greek family issues (didn't we do this once before with Karen Travers? likewise with Scott and Petra about to come along) and the halfway house... all combine to make this my least favorite era. (thank god for Brandy Carter!)
The show seemed to have a depressed feel to it during these episodes too... wrapping up all the loose ends for the characters who were soon departing... even Judy is less energetic than usual, Joan hasn't been spending much time in prison leaving just Colleen and Meg who hardly seem to be interacting with anyone.

I still watch on however because dismal as this era is there are still things to enjoy throughout them and i know better stuff and more exciting characters are soon with us....

What do you think is a particularly bad era?

JL

ScottishMermaid 16th December 2012 11:13 PM

I have to agree with you. I think that is also my least favourite era in the show's run. The characters and the stories...irritating!! Thank goodness for Pixie and Brandy is all I can say! They were a breath of fresh air!!! The half-way house....jeepers, I HATE THAT DAMNED PLACE!!!

And Lainie...oh my god do I hate her!!!!! Maggie-May...ugh! LOL. Maxine....that mouth hanging open continually REALLY annoys me and then ONCE AGAIN Meg is the subject of a stalker in the form of a much younger man...boring as hell!!

I think my second least favourite era was the one with the juvenile delinquents in for that week for the 'scared straight' project...what an absolutely boring story that was......and it went of for what seemed to be ages!!

The Barnhurst five era is nowhere near as bad as people made it out to be...I'd have that over Lainie and Maxine any day! LOL!

jamie_leigh44 17th December 2012 02:33 PM

haven't got to the delinquents as yet, but I've read that a lot of people loathed the Marlene Warren Era and her Dance Marathons etc... this really didn't bother me that much (OK, dot was quite annoying, but really not important or long standing enuff to really grate) ... probably coz i had Angel to entertain me :woot:

but can i ask why Judy would ever have been selected for that marathon... despite the magnet thing, she's like a 50 year old woman with a pacemaker... expected to dance for what? 3 days?? (i cant remember exactly) but surely there were more appropriate prisoners to take part!!! Even Lurch was feeling the strain!

and this little storyline allowed meg to utter perhaps the most ridiculous of all sentences in prisoner (i tried to find the exact quote) but its something about not allowing a visitor into the prison because the women were too busy dancing. :lol:

JL

ScottishMermaid 17th December 2012 07:40 PM

Dot...lol...she was there longer than Vivian yet Vivian managed to GRATE! lol.

I should have mentioned too that, I also think the era I was mentioning with Maxine etc...I actually started hating it well before Nola's departure because although I loved Nola...well, there was just far too much annoying things going on during her time there and probably the most annoying thing of all was Bea having yet another nervous breakdown....so annoying! Then of course, there was Bea's escape...which was nice initially since Bea's whinging face was out of the picture for a few episodes....but then she returns when on the run and who else returns with her? None other than my most loathed character in the show's history....DOREEN EFFING BURNS!!!

Maxine, Lainie, Doreen, Bea in breakdown mode, halfway house.....nooooooo, stop....I can't take it anymore!!!