Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Entertainment > Television > Prisoner Cell Block H: The Official UK DVD Forum > The Rec Room - Series Debate
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 9th February 2011, 11:14 AM
The Big Cheese
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr 420 View Post
Almar, he came near the end. He was one of three trainee guards (along with Miss Stout and Meg Mathews son) who became full time and soon was Ferguson's lap dog. Philip Hyde (the actor who played him) gives a brilliant performance, conveying him with the right level of slimyness mixed in with complete stupidity.
Oh yes - a faint bell is tinkling in my head now - it's years since I've watched the end seasons.
Old 9th February 2011, 11:22 AM
Cult Addict

I've forgotten about the cook, good old Mervin Pringle. Did he not end up married to an officer? I think it was the small woman with glasses?
Old 9th February 2011, 11:48 AM
The Big Cheese
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr 420 View Post
I've forgotten about the cook, good old Mervin Pringle. Did he not end up married to an officer? I think it was the small woman with glasses?
Joan Barrie!
Old 10th February 2011, 10:42 AM
Cult Addict

That's the one!
Old 23rd February 2011, 08:52 PM
Cult Rookie

Ha Merv Married Joyce Barry! My favourite Characters were Queen Bea, Lizzie and Noeline Burke :-) that character was so funny. I loved Phyllis Hunt and Margo Gaffney! One of my all time favourite characters was Helen Smart and feel that she was often not utilised enough! Marie Winter was a great villain but Nola McKenzie for me was the most evil of the villains. Oh and Lou Kelly was evil but funny as well. I liked Myra but she was no where as good as Bea and when Myra was killed the show sort of lost it's way a little until Rita became Top Dog!
Old 24th February 2011, 11:36 AM
Cult Addict

I too think that the show went from strength to strength as it came to it's end, Normally you find it's the other way about. The show normally fizzles out of steam and lurches over the finishing line. Not Prisoner! The final episode left you gasping to find out what would happen to various characters (No spoilers here for anybody who hasn't seen it) after it had finished. I always thought that they could of made another series following the 'exploits' of one of the above said characters in their new surroundings.

Hope that's not too cryptic. If you have seen the final episode then you will know who I'm talking about.
Old 24th February 2011, 06:15 PM
Cult Rookie

I'm a baddie lover... Reb, Lou, Spider, Franky, Kate

But... I adored the 'returning cast' - Hazel, Mouse, Phyllis, Chrissie, Margo.
Those characters, for me, were the ones that made the show feel 'real'. The oneswho would come and go... and come back again. Fabulous.
Old 7th March 2011, 10:57 PM
Cultist in Training

bea and rita
Old 8th March 2011, 06:34 AM
Cult Rookie

Most of my favorite characters were from the first few years of the show although I warmed to a few of the later characters towards the end of the show.

I am with screwbaiter when she says those returning characters made the show seem 'real'.

Chrissie, Hazel and Helen were my favorite returning characters. I particularly liked the characters with surprise returns......can I mention them? I am worried about spoilers now.
Old 8th March 2011, 09:44 AM
Cult Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Top Dog View Post

Chrissie, Hazel and Helen were my favorite returning characters. I particularly liked the characters with surprise returns......can I mention them? I am worried about spoilers now.
I think it should be ok as long as you are not revealing any major plot points. Afterall they will give the fellow lags things to look out for/look forward to.

Like this? Share it using the links below!