Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   The Rec Room - Series Debate (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=135)
-   -   Greatest Characters? (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/rec-room-series-debate/3682-greatest-characters.html)

Sam@Cult Labs 29th September 2010 10:27 AM

Greatest Characters?

Prisoner was packed with eccentric characters, mean spirited lags and demon screws but who's your favourite?

I could wax lyrical for hours about Lizzie Birdsworth the shrivelled up, light fingered lush with a heart of gold or Bea Smith, the tough, no nonsense top dog with a heart of gold or Doreen Anderson, the easily led, teddy bear fixated child-woman (with a heart of gold) but there's a multitude of other greats in the series, who do you rate?

dis 22nd November 2010 07:54 PM

myra desmond!alot better than bea in my opinion.

Wilson Bros 25th November 2010 12:53 PM

"Mad" Maxine Daniels always had our undivided attention... ;)

Kev W

mr 420 25th November 2010 01:04 PM

For me it has to be Ernest Craven (Ray Meagher a.k.a Alf Roberts from Home and Away), govenor of Blackmoor. He played the character like an Australian Hitler (I said Australian!lol) who was totally corrupt. The sight of him just standing there behind his dark glasses with a smirk on his face casually smoking a cigarette would put chills down my back. A truly great character IMO.

dis 26th November 2010 04:58 PM

what about "Rita The Beater"?

Chucky 12th January 2011 05:27 AM

My favourites are Lou Kelly, Joan Ferguson and Rita Connors.

:coolblue:

Jeff Blair 18th January 2011 08:35 PM

Was one of the prison wardens called Jock Stewart or something similar? He was a really sadistic jock that killed one of the inmates by pushing her down the stairs - then years later he was pushed down the stairs and paralysed in a revenge attack!

Plus, wasn't there a serial killer in the prison at one stage - doing away with various characters? One of the victims was found hung up in the boiler room unless I'm imaging it!? Great stuff.

mr 420 8th February 2011 04:05 PM

How could I forget Rodney Adams, the most inept guard you could likely meet? He was Joan Ferguson's lap dog who couldn't carry out a take-away chinese, let alone an evil plan.

Almar@Cult Labs 8th February 2011 04:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mr 420 (Post 126879)
How could I forget Rodney Adams, the most inept guard you could likely meet? He was Joan Ferguson's lap dog who couldn't carry out a take-away chinese, let alone an evil plan.

When did Rodney come into it? I've forgotten him - was he some feeblington?

mr 420 9th February 2011 12:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Almar@Cult Labs (Post 126882)
When did Rodney come into it? I've forgotten him - was he some feeblington?

Almar, he came near the end. He was one of three trainee guards (along with Miss Stout and Meg Mathews son) who became full time and soon was Ferguson's lap dog. Philip Hyde (the actor who played him) gives a brilliant performance, conveying him with the right level of slimyness mixed in with complete stupidity.