Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Entertainment > Television > Prisoner Cell Block H: The Official UK DVD Forum > The Rec Room - Series Debate

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10th March 2011, 05:20 PM
Cult Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinegarfreak View Post
For me Prisoner is THE best soap ever made. I love everything good,bad & ugly about it. Great storylines, characters , acting & characterisation and some of the best one liners !

And I love how I can still watch it over and over again after seeing it for the 1st time over 20 years ago.
Welcome to the clan. You will fit right in here. There are more than a few of us on here who echo that very statement.
Old 5th June 2011, 12:33 PM
Cult Rookie

Default stuartlacey1977

to be honest guys i am not sure exactly what it is about prisoner that i love. I know that i just do.

I guess like some of you have said its the believable characters, including those we love and hate with such relish.

I remember staying up late to watch it when i was a kid (itv days) not that i always stayed awake mind you.

This is how much i absolutley love prisoner though, when it was showing on channel 5 (at 4.40am everyday), i set my video for it to watch. when it broke, i actually set my alarm to watch it, even when i was working, so i would watch it then go back to sleep for an hour or so before having to get up for work.

I am now currently collecting the uk boxsets, which thankfully seem to be released quicker than they were. I def would watch them over and over.

Prisoner Cell Block H "Rocks"
Old 5th June 2011, 03:00 PM
Cult Rookie

I think for me it's the characters and storylines, Vera Bennett and Rita Conners especially, along with the great fire and the seige.
Old 17th June 2011, 03:24 PM
Cult Rookie

i like the idea of a soapie with its plot twists and turns, but i dont care about ramsey street, or summer bay or the dimwits that populate it, cos watching people just going about their lives is pretty dull, and old. but how many times do you get to see a bunch of women prisoners plotting an having scragfights and chainsmoking? NEVER!

and of course i love the acting and the storylines.

i also like the general look of the series. i know people laugh at some of the sets, but i love them. they don't look all that fake to me. i sigh at the familiar sight of two prisoners sitting cross legged on those old armchairs, chainsmoking, while doreen, lizzy, and queen bea play cards for cigarettes, while smoking anyway.

i was born in melbourne, so when they go on location, it's usually somewhere in the eastern suburbs, and i try to spot where it could be.

has anyone noticed how whenever they are outside, it's really windy?

Like this? Share it using the links below!