Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Entertainment > Television > Prisoner Cell Block H: The Official UK DVD Forum > The Rec Room - Series Debate

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11th March 2011, 05:24 PM
Cult Addict

Default Life outside Wentworth.

We all know what the women got up to in Prisoner, but what about before and after the series? I'm sure we all know the Ian Smith/Neighbours connection, but what about the more obscure ones? Do you know of any films, other tv series etc that any of the cast has appeared in that would be of interest to us fellow lags? Nothing is too obtuse in this thread!
Old 13th March 2011, 10:02 PM
Cultist in Training

Since her 12-episode stint as Kerry Vincent, actress Penny Downie has appeared in the UK dramas Minder, Inspector Morse, Lynda La Plante's The Governor, Kavanagh QC, Trial & Retribution , New Tricks, and most recently, Doctors.
Old 14th March 2011, 12:37 PM
Cult Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by prisonerjohn View Post
Since her 12-episode stint as Kerry Vincent, actress Penny Downie has appeared in the UK dramas Minder, Inspector Morse, Lynda La Plante's The Governor, Kavanagh QC, Trial & Retribution , New Tricks, and most recently, Doctors.
You don't know what episodes of Minder she was in, do you? I take it it's one of the latter series where Terry has left and has been replaced by Arthur's nephew?
Old 23rd March 2011, 06:14 PM
Cultist in Training

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr 420 View Post
You don't know what episodes of Minder she was in, do you?
I've only ever seen her in the one episode. It was called 'If Money be The Food of Love, Play On' and I think it was either from the fourth or fifth series. It definitely had Dennis Waterman in it.
Old 24th March 2011, 10:45 AM
Cult Addict

Quote:
I've only ever seen her in the one episode. It was called 'If Money be The Food of Love, Play On' and I think it was either from the fourth or fifth series. It definitely had Dennis Waterman in it.
You don't remember the plot do you? The title doesn't ring a bell, but as I think I've seen them all I should recognise some pointers.
Old 24th March 2011, 07:03 PM
Cultist in Training

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr 420 View Post
You don't remember the plot do you?
Seeing as it is now a good three or four years since I last saw any Minder episodes, I only have a short recollection of it. I remember that Downie's character asked Arthur to help find her boyfriend. I think he sold her a car at one point. It transpired that the 'boyfriend' was actually the girl's accomplice. I've just looked up Penny Downie's IMDB page and apparently she played Dee Rogers in the episode.

I realise this is rather vague mr 420, but I hope it's some use.
Old 25th March 2011, 12:31 PM
Cult Addict

Quote:
Seeing as it is now a good three or four years since I last saw any Minder episodes, I only have a short recollection of it. I remember that Downie's character asked Arthur to help find her boyfriend. I think he sold her a car at one point. It transpired that the 'boyfriend' was actually the girl's accomplice. I've just looked up Penny Downie's IMDB page and apparently she played Dee Rogers in the episode.

I realise this is rather vague mr 420, but I hope it's some use.
Thanks for that. Your decription does stir some memories, but they are murky. I'm going to have to try and remember.
Old 7th June 2011, 11:11 AM
Cult Rookie

maggie kirkpatrick was in a silverchair filmclip, playing a dictator type character.

anyone who hasn't seen it, could find it on youtube, search for: silverchair -"anthem for the year 2000"
Old 7th June 2011, 01:08 PM
Cult Addict

That would be this video.

Old 14th June 2011, 02:08 PM
Cult Rookie

Julia Blake (Nancy McCormack) to my surprise turned up in X-Men: Wolverine. Unfortunately she's not in it long her character gets shot.

Like this? Share it using the links below!