Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Entertainment > Television > Prisoner Cell Block H: The Official UK DVD Forum > The Rec Room - Series Debate
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11th September 2012, 07:29 PM
Cultist

Absolutely Erica...

Everything about her was classic, elegant and dignified...

i liked the contrast between the two tho... especially the intimate scenes! Ann was fun, frisky, constantly wet, hair down, robe on...

Erica was living in some 1920s romance with that factory boss! not even a kiss on the lips!

absolutely stunning hair! and did all her own stunts, i'd have loved to receive one of her legendary meeeeemos!

Ann's cool too tho

the reign of Erica was over way too early!

JL
ScottishMermaid likes this.
Old 12th September 2012, 09:17 AM
Cultist

Erica for me too.

The ORIGINAL Governor of Wentworth and the BEST.

Ann Reynolds was good too in her own way and Gerda Nicolson a much better actress than Patsy King IMHO but I don't think the character is anywhere near as iconic, at least not with me anyway.

But Gerda had some big shoes to fill when she came into Prisoner which at that point already had a very well established cast and did a splendid job in replacing Patsy in the role of Wentworth's Governor IMO
Old 17th November 2012, 04:16 AM
Cult Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott@OnTheInside View Post
Having said that, her hair style was NOTHING on Queen Erica's!
Jeez, yes! Erica's hair was solid as a rock - it would take more than a hurricane to even make it quiver. How much of that hole in the Ozone layer they used to go on about in the 80s was down to the hairspray used on ED.

I can't remember who said it but one of the other cast in one of the extras or commentaries made a comment about Erica's hair being just like Margaret Thatcher, and how right they were.

The actress Patsy King was way younger than Erica seemed to be - and that was pretty obvious during the kidnapping storyline where those anti-prison idealists were holding Erica out at the beach-house - seeing her run away from her captors across the beach in some kind of jumpsuit, she just looked so youthful.

As for who is better - Erica or Ann - it is a very hard choice and I just can't call it - I think they were both pretty equal in most way - they were equally fair, equally flawed, equally confident, equally idealist. They only really differed in their backgrounds and social standing - Erica was more upper-class.

Neither of them were my favourite Governor, though - I know he was only in the chair for a short time, but Bob Moran gets my award for best Gov.
Old 23rd November 2012, 10:39 PM
Cultist

WOW...as a person interested in philosophy, I can say that many philosophical arguments are much easier to tackle than this one....LOL!

Anyway...I think I prefer Ann, she was just so feminine and lovely...but then, so too was Erica....Erica was very funny...I feel she was more theatrical than Ann and that's what I love about her.

Ann though, was such a sweetie. She seemed like a more gentle person than Erica....I loved how Ann spoke when she was frustrated...lol. She would close her eyes and express herself very quietly...Erica on the other hand....lol....eyes wide open and voice raised lol.....so funny.

Like this? Share it using the links below!