Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Entertainment > Television > Prisoner Cell Block H: The Official UK DVD Forum > The Rec Room - Series Debate

Like Tree1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 23rd March 2011, 12:37 PM
Cult Addict

Default Highlights of Vol.5

This is the place for your favourite bits of volume 5. Is it mad, bad and dangerous to know Kay White and her betting scams or perhaps it's poor little Tracy Morris and her boss's attempts to shut her up for good? Tell everyone here!
Old 24th March 2011, 11:20 AM
Cult Addict

I really enjoyed the barmy storyline that revolved around the social worker Agnes Forster. The dotty old spinster was clearly over the hill, but thought that she was still more than capable of doing the job. I'm glad that Jim Fletcher got together with Jackie Nolan as I was starting to get worried with the way that he was always sticking up for Agnes. It must get desperate for the blokes in Wentworth!
Old 24th March 2011, 08:31 PM
Cult Master
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

I'm amazed she was even able to remember to feed her cat! I loved Lizzie confronting her about forgetting Lizzie's pass to see her grandaughter before her operation.
Old 25th March 2011, 12:40 PM
Cult Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen@Cult Labs View Post
I'm amazed she was even able to remember to feed her cat! I loved Lizzie confronting her about forgetting Lizzie's pass to see her grandaughter before her operation.
'But do you have time for some tea, everybody likes a good cuppa!', seemed to be her catchphrase. I thought that the character was well played as you could believe that she was actually a bit barmy.
Old 25th March 2011, 01:40 PM
Cultist in Training

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr 420 View Post
I really enjoyed the barmy storyline that revolved around the social worker Agnes Forster.
Wasn't it the same actress who played Ettie Parslow?

There are a lot of good bits for me in volume 5 - Lizzie's surpise party (134), Kay White's death (145), escaped prisoner Jacki Nolan recaptured (155) and the introduction of Anne Griffin and the much-loathed Gillespie (160).
Old 25th March 2011, 04:03 PM
Cult Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by prisonerjohn View Post

There are a lot of good bits for me in volume 5 - Lizzie's surpise party (134), Kay White's death (145), escaped prisoner Jacki Nolan recaptured (155) and the introduction of Anne Griffin and the much-loathed Gillespie (160).
After a bit of web-snooping it would appear that she did also play Ettie Parslow, two points to you! I'm just about to watch episode 160 so I will keep a lookout for Stuart Gillespie, he sounds like a right wrong 'un.
Old 26th March 2011, 03:58 PM
Cult Rookie

The least interesting boxset of the bunch, there's very little to actually recommend Volume 5. It contains some of the most pedestrian and tedious storylines the show ever did (the Factory, Tracey Morris and her father, Dor kidnapping Elizabeth) and has some rotten guest characters along the way (Gail, Agnes, Kay).

There are one or two nice moments (the breakdown of Dor and Kevin's marriage is a real weepie, excruciatingly slow though it may be), and even a bad episode of Blocky still kicks the crap out of the rest of television, but there's nothing that's truly memorable in this set of episodes - not for the right reasons, anyway. I actually had to refer to the DVD sleeve to even remember what took place in this set!
Old 26th March 2011, 08:18 PM
Cult Master
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Starting at vol 5 myself, I'm finding it riveting stuff. Perhaps I'd have a different opinion if I started right from the beginning. I'm enjoying the storylines none the less.
Old 28th March 2011, 03:51 PM
Cult Addict

The scene in which the women spirit away Jackie Nolan in a crate (episode 159) has music that sounds like it's been lifted off The Beyond. I couldn't believe it when I heard it. Maybe Fabio got a free holiday out of it?
Old 28th March 2011, 04:02 PM
Cultist in Training

Quote:
Originally Posted by prisonerjohn View Post

I completely agree - I really loved the whole Kay White storyline and thought her exit storyline was brilliantly done, poor Lizzie taking the blame for something yet again!

Like this? Share it using the links below!