Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Entertainment > Television > Prisoner Cell Block H: The Official UK DVD Forum > The Rec Room - Series Debate
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 4th July 2011, 09:55 AM
Cultist in Training

Default Best Prisoner Scripwriter(s)

It goes without saying that all the scriptwriters who worked on Prisoner made a major contribution to how we all see the show.

For me, the programme's best writers were Denise Morgan, Dave Worthington, Ian Smith, Anne Lucas and Fay Rousseaux. I think the scripts by Morgan, Smith and Lucas in particular always had a tremendous depth to them and also contained the best comic one-liners.

What about everyone else?
Old 25th August 2011, 02:50 PM
Cultist in Training

R.I.P. Denise Morgan
Old 20th April 2012, 08:37 PM
Cultist

I'd go for Dave Worthington, Coral Drouyn and Ian Smith who were also the three most prolific writers on the show.
Old 1st June 2012, 04:54 PM
Cultist

Some more Prisoner writers of note who are also worthy of a mention are ANDREW KENNEDY who almost always co wrote his episodes with another writer; PATREA SMALLACOMBE and BETTY QUIN. Quin co scripted two of the later episodes in volume 13 which I personally would regard as being amongst the finest in that particular boxset.

Like this? Share it using the links below!