Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Entertainment > Television > Prisoner Cell Block H: The Official UK DVD Forum > The Rec Room - Series Debate
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree9Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11th September 2012, 07:49 PM
Cultist

Vivian Simpson was a terrible actress.... with the most iritating voice!

but there were lots and lots of characters who were over the top... but in a good way...

Margo - with the shifty eyes and hair.... Mouse - especially on drugs... Lynne Warner - did she ever finish crying yet? ... Jean Vernon - How much can one roll ones eyes in a scene?.... Alison Page - looked and sounded like a deranged chicken... Kate Peterson - when she finally cracked... Anne griffin / Susan rice - very OTT (and very similar characters)... Randi Goodlove - could do crazy well too...

the list is endless, but that's one of the reasons i love the show... sometimes a character will annoy the hell outta me, but usually they don't last too long....

Maxine Daniels on the other hand was VERY exaggerated in a VERY bad way and around for a VERY long time.... i know a lot of people liked her... but I'm certainly not one of them.... if she hadn't said Yeah every few seconds she might have been more bearable...

oh well, i wasn't one of those who were upset by her departure...

JL
mr 420 likes this.
Old 14th October 2012, 06:28 PM
Cult Rookie

Hmm, I dunno, I think I quite liked Maxine - but, yes she could be pretty annoying sometimes.

But for OTT, I loved when Kate Peterson finally went over the edge - the look on her face while she tried to strangle Judy, and that scene where she thinks she is treating patients in solitary, brilliant!
Old 23rd November 2012, 10:51 PM
Cultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottOrKaze View Post
Dear god, Caroline Simpson and Vivian Williams back in the episodes around the 90s or 100s, man, they pissed me off. The mother was a terrible actress and those two were totally OTT.
ABSOLUTELY AGREE!! HORRIBLE CHARACTERS!!
Old 23rd November 2012, 10:55 PM
Cultist

It's difficult to get more OTT than the freak really...pantomime villain at its best..lol.

However, Sarah West and the Jewish refugee....and Zara Moonbeam have to be the most ridiculously OTT characters yet. Oh, not to forget Maggie-May Mullins!!

Daphne Graham was also OTT...lol...but I still loved her!!
Old 23rd November 2012, 11:27 PM
Cultist

i'll totallly agree with you on the very annoying Maggie-May... but who couldn't love Zara moonbeam???

JL
Old 23rd November 2012, 11:41 PM
Cultist

Well, it is possible to be fun and OTT. lol. I mean, Joanie is certainly fun yet OTT. LOL.
Old 24th November 2012, 01:19 AM
Cult Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamie_leigh44 View Post
i'll totallly agree with you on the very annoying Maggie-May... but who couldn't love Zara moonbeam???

JL
Can you tell me what timeline Z Moonbeam was in? I take it that she didn't row with all her oars in the water with a name like that.
Old 24th November 2012, 11:00 AM
Cultist

Of course Zara enters in episode 362 and while she's maybe not all that memorable, i think she was cool, she was always so serious throughout her whole storyline which was pretty stupid, but fun. she was in it during the latter segment of Nola's time inside, and she left in 370 - meaning she wasn't in it that long but made a bit of an impact, storyline wise while inside. her performance was pretty OTT i guess lol.

lol, and i just know your opinions on Zara moonshine Scottish mermaid!

JL
Old 24th November 2012, 12:10 PM
Cultist

I actually did quite enjoy her, lol. But definitely OTT....hahahaha.

Like this? Share it using the links below!