Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Entertainment > Television > Prisoner Cell Block H: The Official UK DVD Forum > The Rec Room - Series Debate

Like Tree2Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 23rd February 2012, 09:23 PM
Cult Rookie

Send a message via MSN to Gav.76

Quote:
Originally Posted by iluvdvds@Cult Labs View Post
Holy moly! This is just getting crazier and crazier. I've just this second watched Episode 137 and Mrs Forster - what a character! Doreen's (aka Dolly ) story regarding her rape-pregnancy is getting pretty damn intense.

(Plus to 'bitch's in one episode is pretty neat too!)
Agnes Forster (not forgetting Butchie) were 2 of the shows funniest characters!!! And when Agnes leaves, fear not - she returns again 300 or so episodes later as the much loved Ettie Parslow (My all-time fave character!!!)
Old 24th February 2012, 03:59 PM
Cultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gav.76 View Post
she returns again 300 or so episodes later as the much loved Ettie Parslow (My all-time fave character!!!)
are you serious?
Old 24th February 2012, 04:38 PM
Cult Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert View Post
are you serious?
About here coming back? Or about her being my fave character??

"Deadly serious" is the asnwer to both!
Old 25th February 2012, 03:46 AM
Cult Rookie

Episode 625 - Classic!!!

After being knocked out by Kath Maxwell and drugged (snooker ball in sock tactic there!), Julie Egbert has the most funnitastical LSD trip! As hilarious as it is, there's a scene which freaks the living crap outta me when Aunti Ida enters her cell!!! An episode well worth remembering ... and when you do,. you'll find yaself hitting that rewind button numerous times, trust me!! I love it so much, I'm gunna watch it when I finish work at 7am

Prisoner: Cell Block H - episode 625

and scary Ida ... http://www.wwwentworth.co.uk/scr/scr62502.jpg

Sheer comedy value - http://www.wwwentworth.co.uk/scr/scr62504.jpg
YouLilRipper likes this.
Old 2nd April 2012, 03:42 AM
Cultist

Ep 600 The Lou Kelly riot
Ep 598 Lexie's escape (Joan interrogating Lou, Lou becoming more aggressive and Lexie escaping)
Ep 675 Rita Connor's escape. (Really like the atmosphere and camera work in this ep)
Ep 692 Speaks for itself!

Lods more but they're just some of my favourites.

Also, one of my favourite scenes: Joan setting fire to The Conquerors garage full of bikes. Awesome stuff.
Old 11th April 2012, 02:29 PM
Cultist

Episode 326 involving the life and death struggle between Bea and the Freak as a fire rages throughout the prison is the best episode of Prisoner ever made bar none IMO.

I too also really enjoyed the episodes where the Wentworth girls are working in Andrew Reynold's apparels factory making garments for the dodgy businessman and the resulting Kay White aftermath story in Wentworth.

The look on Governor, Erica Davidson's face when Vera informs her that the man she has just spent the night with is nothing more than a common day crook is priceless!
Old 12th April 2012, 03:57 PM
Cultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr 420 View Post
What do you make of Kay White? Sandy Gore gives a great performance IMO.
Her time in Wentworth was a high point in the serial IMO.

I don't konw why but for some reason Sandy Gore always puts me in mind of Frances De La Tour who played Miss Jones in Rising Damp.

I'm almost half expecting her to shout out Mr Rigsby in the Prisoner episodes she's in
Old 12th April 2012, 04:04 PM
Cult Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by The~Governor View Post

I don't know why but for some reason Sandy Gore always puts me in mind of Frances De La Tour who played Miss Jones in Rising Damp.
I spat my coffee out reading that! I must revisit those KW episodes again. Quality stuff.
Old 20th April 2012, 05:17 AM
Cult Rookie

Episode 674 where Spider Simpson and Vicky McPherson wind Merle up about Ernest Cravens Ghost it's so cruel but it's so funny at the same time everytime i watch that episode i'm in tears with laughter it's Merle she's so funny and episode 663 when she Kath and Rodney are out shopping and she plants that ice cream in that mans face absolutely hilarious.
Old 21st May 2012, 11:14 AM
Cult Rookie

Talking of the Kay White era, there's a hilarious scene in the factory in ep 127, when Doreen bends over to pick something up and a fog horn sounds when the foreman looks at Doreen's big bum! It's like something from a 'Carry On' film!

Like this? Share it using the links below!