Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Entertainment > Television > Prisoner Cell Block H: The Official UK DVD Forum > The Rec Room - Series Debate

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 18th March 2011, 04:27 PM
Cult Addict

Default Who is on the pin board in the rec room?

I have noticed while watching volume 5 of Prisoner that the pin board in the rec room may contain some very unusual pictures. On the left hand side of the board looks to be a posed nude shot of Jim Fletcher and on the right hand side there is an advert pulled out of a magazine which looks like it has Detective Inspector Grace in it with his shirt unbuttoned, showing off his chest in what must be an aftershave advert or something similar. These two pics (if they are who I think they are) must must be an inside joke with the cast and crew as the shots are obviously pre-Prisoner. They are only fleetingly shown, but if you look hard enough they are easy enough to make out. Don't take my word for it, look for yourself and tell me it's not them!
Old 18th March 2011, 05:35 PM
Cult Rookie

The reclining man on the beach with blue towel? That's supposedly Rock Pamplin, from Playgirl May 1976....
Old 18th March 2011, 05:37 PM
Cultist in Training

Which episode was that?
Old 18th March 2011, 05:40 PM
Cult Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laura Gardner View Post
The reclining man on the beach with blue towel? That's supposedly Rock Pamplin, from Playgirl May 1976....
Hes not reclining, you just see him from the waist up. It looks very similar to Insp. Grace though.
Old 18th March 2011, 05:41 PM
Cult Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by prisonerjohn View Post
Which episode was that?
It must be around the 140 mark. It (the pinboard) can be seen in quite a few of those episodes.
Old 18th March 2011, 07:04 PM
Cult Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr 420 View Post
Hes not reclining, you just see him from the waist up. It looks very similar to Insp. Grace though.
Yes the reclining one appears later - in the early 200s.

There's another Rock Pamplin picture on the pinboard in the 140s on the right of the board (for instance at 17:49 in episode 148). Is that the Jim lookalike?

I think that one is a 1977 advert for Winston cigarettes - originally a double spread, but only the left hand page is pinned up. The model is posed against a dock with a row of boats which shows as a dark line across the page just below his chin. He's wearing an unbuttoned light green shirt and you can see the white dot at stomach height on the right of the picture which is the cigarette.

The only pic of the original I can find so far is at vintagegaymediahistoryDOTblogspotDOTcom (so don't try looking that one up at work)
Old 18th March 2011, 08:19 PM
The Big Cheese
Good Trader

Quote:
I love how you know this stuff!
Old 19th March 2011, 10:09 AM
Cultist

there is quite a long thread about pin-ups in the recroom here by the way

Old 19th March 2011, 10:57 AM
Cult Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert View Post
there is quite a long thread about pin-ups in the recroom here by the way

That link is no use as you have to be a member to view it and the Admin of the site is no longer accepting new members!
Old 19th March 2011, 11:00 AM
Cult Addict

Quote:

There's another Rock Pamplin picture on the pinboard in the 140s on the right of the board (for instance at 17:49 in episode 148). Is that the Jim lookalike?

(so don't try looking that one up at work)
No, the one that looks like Fletch is on the left hand side of the board (I'm going by my left BTW).

Like this? Share it using the links below!