Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Entertainment > Television > Prisoner Cell Block H: The Official UK DVD Forum > The Rec Room - Series Debate

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 2nd October 2011, 11:40 PM
Cultist in Training

Default Was Bad Girls copying Prisoner?

I've been following series eight of Bad Girls on CBS Drama just recently and noticed that some aspects and storylines are identical to some of the goings-on at Wentworth - did the Bad Girls writers run out of ideas and get inspiration from Prisoner?

- In series eight of BG, there was an outbreak of Legionnaire's disease, similar to the Lassa fever in Prisoner (around the 380s).

- There was a character called Angela Robbins who had a split personality - the same as what Laura Gardner/Brandy Carter was discovered to have after ending up in Wentworth.
Old 4th October 2011, 09:30 AM
Cult Addict

Was Bad Girls copying Prisoner? Hell yeah!
Old 7th October 2011, 12:14 PM
Cult Rookie

I n ever ever watched Bad Girls when it was originally on tv but I caught an episode on CBS Drama around series 3 and was very impressed. I was soon hooked on it and it was a very well written drama series. I actually think it was better than Prisoner in some ways (obviously Prisoner is my favourite show) but Bad Girls was filmed in a real prison location and had a bigger budget so looked a lot more impressive, it did go a bit silly as time went on but so did Pris. One of my fave storylines was when Yvonne planned the escape through the cellars of the prison with Jim Fenner following her and trapping her there. Quality stuff!
Old 6th November 2011, 12:46 AM
Cult Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by simey View Post
I n ever ever watched Bad Girls when it was originally on tv but I caught an episode on CBS Drama around series 3 and was very impressed. I was soon hooked on it and it was a very well written drama series. I actually think it was better than Prisoner in some ways (obviously Prisoner is my favourite show) but Bad Girls was filmed in a real prison location and had a bigger budget so looked a lot more impressive, it did go a bit silly as time went on but so did Pris. One of my fave storylines was when Yvonne planned the escape through the cellars of the prison with Jim Fenner following her and trapping her there. Quality stuff!
Regarding the location of Bad Girls, the first 3 seasons had exterior shots at HM Oxford prison (so right on that account, whereas Prisoner was shot at Channel Ten studios, with their studios made to look like a prison), but interior shots were filmed at 3 Mills Studios in East London (home originally to Big Brother). After Season 4, they built a replica of the exterior set there.

Hope that helps- if anyone wants to add to this, it would be of help.

Like this? Share it using the links below!