Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Entertainment > Television > Prisoner Cell Block H: The Official UK DVD Forum > The Rec Room - Series Debate

Like Tree5Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 5th June 2011, 03:02 PM
Cult Rookie

I met Fiona Spence, she's amazing.
Old 21st November 2011, 06:08 PM
Competitions Moderator
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader

Default Ever Meet A Prisoner From Cell Block H?

Hello!

So I was just wondering whether anyone here has met someone who's appeared in Prisoner: Cell Block H. Who did you meet? What were they like? C'mon spill the beans!

If not, then who would you like to meet? Is there one person you'd really like to see in the flesh from the show?
Old 21st November 2011, 06:48 PM
Cultist in Training

Smile

Yep! I met the lady who played Joan (The Freak) Ferguson at a gay club in Birmingham many years ago where she was doing a live appearance.

A lovely, warm, friendly, smiley lady.

I got her autograph for a mate of mine and she chatted and smiled a lot!

I also went to a pub that she owned or ran in Sydney many years ago but she wasn't there at the time...
iluvdvds@Cult Labs likes this.
Old 22nd November 2011, 07:38 PM
Competitions Moderator
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyberschizoid View Post
Yep! I met the lady who played Joan (The Freak) Ferguson at a gay club in Birmingham many years ago where she was doing a live appearance.

A lovely, warm, friendly, smiley lady.

I got her autograph for a mate of mine and she chatted and smiled a lot!

I also went to a pub that she owned or ran in Sydney many years ago but she wasn't there at the time...

Well it's a relief that she's nothing like The Freak in real life then! Sounds like quite the night, Cyber!

Is there any other cast members you'd really like to meet?
Old 22nd November 2011, 08:33 PM
Cultist in Training

Quote:
Originally Posted by iluvdvds@Cult Labs View Post
Well it's a relief that she's nothing like The Freak in real life then! Sounds like quite the night, Cyber!

Is there any other cast members you'd really like to meet?
I think my favourite character next to Joan was probably Bea Smith...she was awesome.
Old 22nd November 2011, 10:35 PM
Cult Rookie

Yeah,

Bit of a tenuous link but I worked with Lisa Armytage who played Clare Adams in Episode #1.407

Not sure if she was a prisoner but only being in one episode I guess so.

Very nice lady
iluvdvds@Cult Labs likes this.
Old 23rd November 2011, 11:30 AM
Cult Addict

I would love to meet Ian Smith. I bet that he could tell a few stories.....
Old 15th December 2011, 08:55 PM
Cult Rookie

Default Who I have meet.

I have meet a lot of people from the show (11 so fare) as I have been lucky enough to go to most of the UK events but the two that stick in my mind have to be Glenda Linscott and Amanda Muggleton.

They were both lovely people who had a lot of time for the fans and were happy to talk for ages about the show and other things that they have been in.

It was also a pleasure to meet Fiona Spence on two occasions and ask her about her time in the show like her favourite scene and story line.

Also fab to meet Maggie Kirkpatrick and Louise Siversen
Gav.76 likes this.
Old 23rd February 2012, 09:12 PM
Cult Rookie

Send a message via MSN to Gav.76

I'm extremely proud to say I've met probably the show's 2 biggest characters!

Back in 2004 or thereabouts, me and some friends in Manchester met Maggie Kirkpatrick AKA The Freak, who was doing a fan event there. She spoke to the crowd for a good hour or so and asked questions. I got my photo taken with her ... I'll always treasure it. I was amazed at how short she appeared - in the show, she always looked at least 6 foot tall! Extremely funny lady and really nice too. A pleasure to meet her. Wish I could upload the pics!!

The, on March 2oth,2007 I was one of a lucky select group of 15 to have lunch and afternoon drinks with Val Lehman!!! It was held at Hintlesham Hall in Ipswich (where I used to live) and was excellent! Val sure had some good gossip from the good old Prisoner days on set!! She was pretty hammered by the time the afternoon had come to an end (she likes her wine that one!)
Got some awesome photo's and stuff. Was a day I'll never forget!!! The photo's are on my Facebook. I will make them public , just search for Gav Worlledge and you'll see them

Like this? Share it using the links below!