Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   The Rec Room - Series Debate (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=135)
-   -   Ever Meet A Prisoner From Cell Block H? (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/rec-room-series-debate/7240-ever-meet-prisoner-cell-block-h.html)

HongKongDave 1st October 2010 11:15 PM

Anyone met any of the Prisoner Cell Block H legends?

Years ago I met Val Lehman (Bea Smith), Betty Bobbit (Judy Bryant), Amanda Muggleton (Chrissie Latham) & Carol Burns (Franky Doyle)!

Sam@Cult Labs 3rd October 2010 03:12 PM

Love it. I just found a Frankie Doyle fan page on Facebook, so her legend lives on...

Wilson Bros 4th October 2010 03:33 PM

Nick & I met Fiona Spence, Jane Clifton & Jacquie Gordon back in about 1989.

Fi was lovely! :)

Kev W

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 4th October 2010 07:18 PM

Cool.

I remember watching this sometimes after backshift many years ago.:o

Can't say I've ever met any,but have met a few lookalikes in various nightclubs over the years! :fear: :jaw::bolt:

JAMIOUSE 4th October 2010 08:30 PM

The Fan Club organises proper events with the Legends of Prisoner, they've had Bea, Chrissie, Vinger Tits, Rita, The Freak and Alice over in the UK for them. Theres an upcoming event with Rita and The Freak together and apparently Karen Travers is making an appearence this year too!

Sam@Cult Labs 5th October 2010 03:25 PM

Karen Travers... My heart melts...

mr 420 8th February 2011 03:01 PM

I met Bea, the Freak et al along with Lily Savage at Prisoner:The Musical many, many years ago. Bonzer shielas the lot of them!

Screwbaiter 16th February 2011 06:08 PM

I've met quite a few of thestars... my three highlights:

A hug from the wonderful Janet Andrewartha, who I had a lovely chat with back in 2000

Getting directions to thetrain station from thevey generous Carol Burns back in... 1992, I think it was

Having a brilliant giggle with Kylie Foster in 2000

I have met Virginia Hey a load of times and she is a riot.

Stephen@Cult Labs 18th February 2011 03:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Screwbaiter (Post 128665)
I have met Virginia Hey a load of times and she is a riot.

Ooooo Virginia Hey. She of the side boobie shot in The Living Daylights! and of course, Mad Max 2. :) Looks like you've met quite a few of the stars screwbaiter.

Scott@OnTheInside 18th February 2011 06:42 PM

I'd love to meet Virginia Hey, she sometimes appears at the UK Memorabilia exhibition so I'm hoping she'll be back to another one this year.

Stephen@Cult Labs 19th February 2011 09:12 AM

Has there ever been a Prisoner convention, or appearances from any the cast north of the border?

Scott@OnTheInside 19th February 2011 09:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stephen@Cult Labs (Post 129362)
Has there ever been a Prisoner convention, or appearances from any the cast north of the border?

Yes - we regularly arrange appearances in Glasgow. Normally Birmingham is our England location too. Our next event featuring Elspeth Ballantyne (Meg Morris) is sold out but more are on their way!! Bookmark Screen Star Events for more details!

Stephen@Cult Labs 19th February 2011 09:31 AM

Excellent. With so many prisoner fans in the UK, it's no wonder events like this get sold out.

mr 420 19th February 2011 11:37 AM

Sounds good. Glasgow is close enough for me to attend. Hopefully there will be another up that way soon.

ilsashewolf 26th March 2011 11:30 AM

I now work with Patrea Smallacombe who wrote Prisoner for a time. I know she wasn't onscreen but I used to see her name and go 'I wanna be like her!' and now I write with her. So that's the biggest Prisoner idol for me to meet!! :woot:

b block 1st May 2011 05:31 PM

I've met marie winter and rita conners and soon i''l be meeting Meg ...:)

mr 420 5th May 2011 09:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by b block (Post 147434)
I've met marie winter and rita conners and soon i''l be meeting Meg ...:)

How many others from this site will be attending , I wonder? I know that there are a lot of members of cult labs in the general area.

Robert 6th May 2011 10:57 AM

Val Lehman (at memorabilia..then at the trio event)
Amanda Muggleton twice (at her events)
Glenda Linscott twice (at her event and with Maggie)
Louise Siversen
Lois Collinder
Gerard Maguire
Fiona Spence
Maggie Kirkpatrick
Virginia Hey (she was at Comic Con in London)
Genevieve Lemon
Nigel Bradshaw

mr 420 6th May 2011 11:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Robert (Post 148465)
Val Lehman (at memorabilia..then at the trio event)
Amanda Muggleton twice (at her events)
Glenda Linscott twice (at her event and with Maggie)
Louise Siversen
Lois Collinder
Gerard Maguire
Fiona Spence
Maggie Kirkpatrick
Virginia Hey (she was at Comic Con in London)
Genevieve Lemon
Nigel Bradshaw

You wouldn't happen to have any pics of any of the above that you could post up? Cheers!

Robert 6th May 2011 11:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mr 420 (Post 148469)
You wouldn't happen to have any pics of any of the above that you could post up? Cheers!

its all been posted on the wentworth forum..it would take me too long to post them all again on here

mr 420 6th May 2011 11:15 AM

I'm sure you could manage one or two. In the words of Mrs Doyle, go on, go on, go on, go on, go on, go on, go on!

Robert 6th May 2011 11:24 AM

Ill post links as i also wrote about meeting them etc..here are a few...and they dont just have my pictures

Meeting Prisoner's Maggie Kirkpatrick & Glenda Linscott 13/11/10 | Facebook

mr 420 6th May 2011 11:27 AM

Thanks for that Robert!

Robert 6th May 2011 11:35 AM

and not on those links are these

http://img407.imageshack.us/img407/1485/a11hm9.jpg

http://img407.imageshack.us/img407/4944/a9cn8.jpg

Meeting Glenda Linscott - Rita Connors from Prisoner! | Facebook

Celebs | Facebook

mr 420 6th May 2011 02:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Robert (Post 148483)

Is that Amanda Muggleton AKA Chrissie Latham there with you? She's still looking good I see!

Robert 6th May 2011 05:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mr 420 (Post 148546)
Is that Amanda Muggleton AKA Chrissie Latham there with you? She's still looking good I see!

It sure is!!

mr 420 7th May 2011 11:21 AM

She looks like she was fun! Who's your favourite that you have met?

Robert 8th May 2011 02:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mr 420 (Post 148760)
She looks like she was fun! Who's your favourite that you have met?

amanda for me!..and just met the wonderful elspeth today..with surprise guest anne charleston!!..pics here

Meeting Elspeth Ballantyne & Anne Charleston - 7th May 2011 | Facebook

Wandaful 11th May 2011 02:09 PM

I was on a tram sitting opposite Sigrid Thornton when the news came that John Lennon had been shot - I wonder if she remembers being there at that moment too

Also met Wynn Roberts who played that nasty Stuart Gillespe fella...... He's REALLY tall..!! lol

Stephen@Cult Labs 21st May 2011 08:42 AM

Oh you lucky boy!

Mark 5th June 2011 03:02 PM

I met Fiona Spence, she's amazing.

iluvdvds@Cult Labs 21st November 2011 05:08 PM

Ever Meet A Prisoner From Cell Block H?

Hello!

So I was just wondering whether anyone here has met someone who's appeared in Prisoner: Cell Block H. Who did you meet? What were they like? C'mon spill the beans!

If not, then who would you like to meet? Is there one person you'd really like to see in the flesh from the show?

cyberschizoid 21st November 2011 05:48 PM

Yep! I met the lady who played Joan (The Freak) Ferguson at a gay club in Birmingham many years ago where she was doing a live appearance.

A lovely, warm, friendly, smiley lady.

I got her autograph for a mate of mine and she chatted and smiled a lot!

I also went to a pub that she owned or ran in Sydney many years ago but she wasn't there at the time...

iluvdvds@Cult Labs 22nd November 2011 06:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cyberschizoid (Post 199224)
Yep! I met the lady who played Joan (The Freak) Ferguson at a gay club in Birmingham many years ago where she was doing a live appearance.

A lovely, warm, friendly, smiley lady.

I got her autograph for a mate of mine and she chatted and smiled a lot!

I also went to a pub that she owned or ran in Sydney many years ago but she wasn't there at the time...

Well it's a relief that she's nothing like The Freak in real life then! :laugh: Sounds like quite the night, Cyber!

Is there any other cast members you'd really like to meet?

cyberschizoid 22nd November 2011 07:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by iluvdvds@Cult Labs (Post 199364)
Well it's a relief that she's nothing like The Freak in real life then! :laugh: Sounds like quite the night, Cyber!

Is there any other cast members you'd really like to meet?

I think my favourite character next to Joan was probably Bea Smith...she was awesome.

Dark-Horse 22nd November 2011 09:35 PM

Yeah,

Bit of a tenuous link but I worked with Lisa Armytage who played Clare Adams in Episode #1.407

Not sure if she was a prisoner but only being in one episode I guess so.

Very nice lady

mr 420 23rd November 2011 10:30 AM

I would love to meet Ian Smith. I bet that he could tell a few stories.....

x0xKittenx0x 15th December 2011 07:55 PM

Who I have meet.

I have meet a lot of people from the show (11 so fare) as I have been lucky enough to go to most of the UK events but the two that stick in my mind have to be Glenda Linscott and Amanda Muggleton.

They were both lovely people who had a lot of time for the fans and were happy to talk for ages about the show and other things that they have been in.

It was also a pleasure to meet Fiona Spence on two occasions and ask her about her time in the show like her favourite scene and story line.

Also fab to meet Maggie Kirkpatrick and Louise Siversen :)

Gav.76 23rd February 2012 08:12 PM

I'm extremely proud to say I've met probably the show's 2 biggest characters!

Back in 2004 or thereabouts, me and some friends in Manchester met Maggie Kirkpatrick AKA The Freak, who was doing a fan event there. She spoke to the crowd for a good hour or so and asked questions. I got my photo taken with her ... I'll always treasure it. I was amazed at how short she appeared - in the show, she always looked at least 6 foot tall! Extremely funny lady and really nice too. A pleasure to meet her. Wish I could upload the pics!!

The, on March 2oth,2007 I was one of a lucky select group of 15 to have lunch and afternoon drinks with Val Lehman!!! It was held at Hintlesham Hall in Ipswich (where I used to live) and was excellent! Val sure had some good gossip from the good old Prisoner days on set!! She was pretty hammered by the time the afternoon had come to an end (she likes her wine that one!)
Got some awesome photo's and stuff. Was a day I'll never forget!!! The photo's are on my Facebook. I will make them public , just search for Gav Worlledge and you'll see them :):dance: