Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Entertainment > Television > Prisoner Cell Block H: The Official UK DVD Forum > The Rec Room - Series Debate

Like Tree9Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 27th February 2012, 12:22 PM
Competitions Moderator
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by prisonerjohn View Post
Thanks Robert - I didn't realise that. Probably not a very good idea after all...
I think it's a great idea John! Give it a go if you want to
Old 27th February 2012, 05:19 PM
Cultist

it would take a long time..but no reason why you cant give it a go?..just dont be down heartened if not many end up voting (is what I meant)
Old 2nd March 2012, 03:52 PM
Cultist in Training

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert View Post
just dont be down heartened if not many end up voting (is what I meant)
I suppose that's the main problem Robert.

As I said in my original post, the idea has been on the cards for some time, and as a result, I've accumulated a substantial list of ideas and possibilities from around this time last year. I'd no idea that the same thing had been tried before on previous forums.

I'm rather in two minds about the whole thing, especially now as it seems that it's something that's not particularly new.

However, here's the list of things that I've jotted down so far - 'Prisoner Awards' Ideas - Glendarroch Online

As far as I can remember, I was aiming for around 12 nominations per category. As far as the episode numbers and organisation of the lists are concerned, they're merely my estimations on where I thought the scene/event appeared in the series and I tended to write in names and details just anywhere (in no particular order). The lists are nowhere near complete but give you the general idea (hopefully).
iluvdvds@Cult Labs likes this.
Old 2nd March 2012, 04:06 PM
Competitions Moderator
Good Trader

Quote:
I suppose that's the main problem Robert.

As I said in my original post, the idea has been on the cards for some time, and as a result, I've accumulated a substantial list of ideas and possibilities from around this time last year. I'd no idea that the same thing had been tried before on previous forums.

I'm rather in two minds about the whole thing, especially now as it seems that it's something that's not particularly new.

However, here's the list of things that I've jotted down so far - 'Prisoner Awards' Ideas - Glendarroch Online

As far as I can remember, I was aiming for around 12 nominations per category. As far as the episode numbers and organisation of the lists are concerned, they're merely my estimations on where I thought the scene/event appeared in the series and I tended to write in names and details just anywhere (in no particular order). The lists are nowhere near complete but give you the general idea (hopefully).

Personally I absolutly love the idea and think it could work pretty well If you'd like, I could set up a new section on the Prisoner forum called 'The Prisoner Awards' where everything could go, with individual threads, polls, discussion for each category, etc. That would really get people talking and the awards will be worthy! How does that sound John? It would be much better than having one thread for all of this
mr 420 likes this.
Old 2nd March 2012, 04:36 PM
Cultist

BEST VILLAIN..no Joan?..or Ruth? or Lou?
Old 2nd March 2012, 05:21 PM
Competitions Moderator
Good Trader

Ta da!

The Prisoner Awards now has it's very own section - The Prisoner Awards - Cult Labs I'll let you do the honors John
Old 4th March 2012, 04:02 PM
Cultist in Training

Quote:
Originally Posted by iluvdvds@Cult Labs View Post
Ta da!

The Prisoner Awards now has it's very own section - The Prisoner Awards - Cult Labs I'll let you do the honors John
Wow! Many thanks for taking the trouble to do this. I'm really appreciative of your support, and indeed everyone's enthusiasm.

Has any one had a flick through that list from earlier? Any more suggests? - Perhaps everyone who's interested should put together a list of the things that they would like to include - after all, this sort of thing should be by the fans for the fans.

Also, Robert - You're right - Joan, Ruth and Lou all deserve a place under the Villain label.

Sincere thanks again guys! - 'Your blood's worth bottling'.
Old 4th March 2012, 04:15 PM
Competitions Moderator
Good Trader

Quote:
Wow! Many thanks for taking the trouble to do this. I'm really appreciative of your support, and indeed everyone's enthusiasm.

Has any one had a flick through that list from earlier? Any more suggests? - Perhaps everyone who's interested should put together a list of the things that they would like to include - after all, this sort of thing should be by the fans for the fans.

Also, Robert - You're right - Joan, Ruth and Lou all deserve a place under the Villain label.

Sincere thanks again guys! - 'Your blood's worth bottling'.
How about including 'Wrinkles' , 'Prune Face' or 'Birdbrain' into the Best Nicknames for Lizzy. They're not really nicknames and only Nola really called her that, but I can't help but laugh when Lizzy's called wrinkles. Cruel I know.
Old 5th March 2012, 05:22 PM
Competitions Moderator
Good Trader

How about have a thread for each category with a poll so people can vote? We could even have a video of each of the nominations for each category?
Old 17th March 2012, 06:52 PM
Cultist in Training

Default To Kyle...

Kyle - In response to your previous message:

Firstly, let me apologise for the time it's taken me to get back to you. As someone has annoyingly deleted your e-mail, I thought this would be the easier way of getting in contact.

I think the best way to get things started would be to get a group of the forum members together - perhaps three of four (that are happy to spare the time and communicate through private messages?) - to decide on nominations and categories (and how many there are to be). The most logical way to gather ideas would be to appeal for them by getting everyone to put forward suggestions.

As for the three or four people, Gav.76 has already expressed an interest, and as you've gone to the trouble of creating this dedicated section and due to your fabulous knowledge of the show, I think you'd be brilliant yourself. And if I may include myself in the line-up, then I think we may be at least half way there.

If we can get the 'organisers', categories and nominees sorted first, we can always cross all other bridges when we come to them.

I hope this makes sense, and more importantly, has been of some help into my way of thinking... If anything sounds troublesome or wrong, then absolutely nothing is set in stone - I'm hoping this will be a group effort whatever happens.

Kind Regards,
John

Like this? Share it using the links below!