Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Entertainment > Television > Prisoner Cell Block H: The Official UK DVD Forum > The Rec Room - Series Debate
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 6th November 2012, 09:12 AM
Cultist

Default Would 'Chuckles' have beaten Pixie Rape Rap?

I've recently finished watching the Len 'Chuckles' Murphy episodes featuring the heavyweight Mister nasty of Wentworth with a taste for violence; so brilliantly and often subtlely underplayed by the late Maurie Fields.

My only criticism is that his exit seemed a bit rushed and I'm sure the writers could have found a way of stretching out his stay in Wentworth a while longer if they'd really wanted to.

Also, I don't think the rape charge against Murphy would have stood up to close scrutiny. After all, Chuckles himself maintained all along that the attack on Pixie had been the handiwork of convicted rapist and Wentworth inmate, Frank Burke.

It would have only taken a simple medical examination to confirm that the DNA on Pixie belonged to Burke and not Murphy.

So, it was a dramatic if rather implausible exit for one of Wentworth's greatest ever villains whose memorable stint in Wentworth was all too short lived IMO.
Old 23rd November 2012, 10:49 PM
Cultist

I agree....Joan was kept in over many things with much more evidence. I think they should have kept him in, that was a great era. I am not so sure they had proper DNA testing in those days though...

I really wish the actress that played Pixie didn't want to leave...had she returned, it could have meant that her character had recovered and told the truth.....clearing the path for Len's return....and Len's revenge....that would have been fantastic!!

Like this? Share it using the links below!