Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Film Discussions > Sci-Fi & Fantasy

Poll: Who's your favourite Doctor?
Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.
Poll Options
Who's your favourite Doctor?

Like Tree28504Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 17th March 2014, 08:21 PM
Seasoned Cultist

But that failure along with all the others aside... Matt Smith was good as The Doctor. Sure I hated Season 31 (one man: one and same show. I'm not calling it series 1-8) in general bar The Time of Angels two parter and Amy's Choice, but he really came through in 32 and by his last season, he was at his peak. The Time of Angels two parter, Amy's Choice, The Impossible Astronaut two parter, The Rebel Fish two parter, A Goodman Goes to War, The Snowmen, The Bells of Saint John, Cold War, The Crimson Horror, The Name of the Doctor, The Day of the Doctor and The Time of the Doctor (if only just for the regeneration) Dodge the rest of his era and watch any one of these first.https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BehwuPQm16A
Old 17th March 2014, 08:24 PM
Seasoned Cultist

From a few days ago but still good news. He didn't pick a half bad story to star in either (LOVE Inferno).
Doctor Who News: Actor Olaf Pooley celebrates his 100th birthday
Demoncrat likes this.
Old 17th March 2014, 10:14 PM
Seasoned Cultist

Location: Cornwall. The land of Cornish pasties, pixes and Straw Dogs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mojo View Post
I thought Asylum Of The Daleks was pretty good, although I agree a few completely insane Daleks thrown into the mix would have been even better.

Julian Bleach was fantastic as Davros and would love to see him back again ( without the 'reality bomb' )

There are hints the Cybermen will be in the new series. Can we please have a decent story for them too? Nightmare In Silver was awful.
Just the title of Nightmare in Silver had me excited with prospect of a cracking ep, but Gaiman's episode fell faaaaaar short. I wasn't overly keen on his first Dr Who commission, The Doctor's Wife either. I would like to see more Dr Who related writer's like Marc Platt, Lance Parkin etc with the return of Robert Shearman and Paul Cornell. We need writer's that know the mechanics of writing a good Dr Who story. I'm getting fed up with the same writer's being endlessly brought back into new Who.
Old 17th March 2014, 10:56 PM
Cult King
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gothmogxx View Post
But that failure along with all the others aside... Matt Smith was good as The Doctor. Sure I hated Season 31 (one man: one and same show. I'm not calling it series 1-8) in general bar The Time of Angels two parter and Amy's Choice, but he really came through in 32 and by his last season, he was at his peak. The Time of Angels two parter, Amy's Choice, The Impossible Astronaut two parter, The Rebel Fish two parter, A Goodman Goes to War, The Snowmen, The Bells of Saint John, Cold War, The Crimson Horror, The Name of the Doctor, The Day of the Doctor and The Time of the Doctor (if only just for the regeneration) Dodge the rest of his era and watch any one of these first.https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BehwuPQm16A
I must have missed that one.

No Vincent and the Doctor and Vampires of Venice or Pandorica / Big Bang?
Old 18th March 2014, 12:44 AM
Seasoned Cultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs View Post
I must have missed that one.

No Vincent and the Doctor and Vampires of Venice or Pandorica / Big Bang?
Not going to lie but I found each and every one of those stories boring (with one exception)

Never got the love for VATD. The scene at the end with Vincent was good but the rest didn't interest me. Same goes for VOF.

Now episode one of The Pandorica Opens was a good set-up I'll admit and I highly anticipated the conclusion. However part 2 just angered me. Probably one of the most boring episodes I've ever seen. All they done was run around that museum and essentially nothing else happened that interested me.

TBH I'm not the biggest fan of story arcs that get in the way of individual episodes and their plot (the finger points at the Moff). RTD's era had Bad Wolf, Torchwood etc however they kept it toned down. Like when the kid writes Bad Wolf on the Tardis: Fair enough and I only noticed it during a re-watch of the series, same with the likes of the helicopter: "Bad Wolf 1 desending."

Moff on the other hand sticks it in essentially every episode. The whole Crack in Time arc of Season 31 didn't interest me one bit and I was annoyed whenever it showed up. Thats one of the main reasons I hate Matts first season. Though I liked the subsequent two, especially the final one as I find Clara as a character interesting and thus the arc easier to follow.
Old 18th March 2014, 11:56 PM
Cult Master

Series 8 Filming: Sneak Peek at A Monster | Doctor Who TV

Don't worry, the spoiler is hidden

Golly, Gee! it's wrong to be so guilty
Old 19th March 2014, 11:21 AM
Cult King
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by suziginajackson View Post
Looks cool. Wonder what it is exactly?

Quite probably NOT a main villain. Moff's too canny for that.
Old 19th March 2014, 11:33 AM
Cult Addict

Man-Bear-Pig?! What are you doing on Doctor Who?

DVD and BD collection
Old 25th March 2014, 10:35 AM
Cult Master

Series 8 Filming: Capaldiā€™s Sonic & A New Monster | Doctor Who TV

Old 26th March 2014, 06:28 PM
Cult Master

Got some possible episode titles for the 8th series:

Episode 3 - Robots of Sherwood
Episode 4 - Listen
Episode 5 - Time Heist

'Doctor Who' news summary: Everything we know so far about Series 8 - CultBox

Like this? Share it using the links below!