Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Film Discussions > Sci-Fi & Fantasy
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree65Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 16th May 2015, 01:46 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

3 great italian classics in need of the 88 Films treatment.

Old 16th May 2015, 03:59 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crimson Blade View Post
3 great italian classics in need of the 88 Films treatment.

Antlantis interceptors great and under rated film, i remember watching this when i rented it i enjoyed it so much i watched it 4 times before taking it back next day.
Old 16th May 2015, 06:51 PM
Cultist in Training

A couple from the 80's
Cirio H. Santiago's - Wheels of Fire (1985)
and
Equalizer 2000 (1987) staring Richard Norton, who also features in Mad Max: Fury Road
Old 17th May 2015, 01:32 AM
Cultist on the Rampage

Default sitting room

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slippery Jack View Post
Ok, so it doesn't have a cool overblown poster, but my favourite is by far The Bed-Sitting Room . . .
love that film deserves more recognition
Demoncrat likes this.
Old 22nd May 2015, 07:24 AM
Cult Addict

The anime series FIST OF THE NORTH STAR.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j88zbhXC6oE
Old 22nd May 2015, 03:54 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

The Ultimate Warrior (1975)
Rats: Night Of Terror (1984)

[B]
"... the days ahead will be filled with struggle ... and coated in marzipan ... "[/B]
Old 24th May 2015, 07:23 AM
Cult Addict

peter stringfellow.jpg immortan joe1.jpg

Perhaps off topic but Immortan joe + Peter Stringfellow : Seperated at birth
Old 28th January 2017, 11:01 AM
Competitions Moderator
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader

I watched one of THE most entertaining post-apocalyptic movies last night, that I hadn't even heard of before. Has anyone else?

The mighty...

Bleak Future!

Shot on 8mm by a bunch of friends, it feels just like the bastard son of Bad Taste and Braindead set in a Mad Max world. Reminded me a little of Turbo Kid too slightly. It's totally bonkers and has some great home-made gore effects too.

The basic plot is pretty simple. Set in the near future (now the past!), the world is now a baron wasteland, ruled by nomads and mutants. A place where relics from the past - or as we'd call it...trash - are sacred objects. A guy (think Kenny Everett) goes on a quest to find the answer to everything - he thinks he's the 'chosen one' - lead by a powerful beacon (which is nothing but an old cd). He's joined by a mute Scottish savage, the dumbest blonde bimbo you've ever met (so funny!) and hot on their trail is a couple of great baddies who are very similar to Mad Max.

Nuts, insane and lots of fun if you like home-made, no-budget films. If you've ever seen Judas Priest's Turbo Lover music video, it looks very much like that - the weird purply colour skies.

This was one of the VHS in my recent lot I was given (308 VHS in total! ) and it's pretty obscure. Only about 180 votes on IMDb. Looks like it's been released on DVD now - well worth checking out with beer and pizza.

Has anyone else here seen this 'masterpiece'?
Old 28th January 2017, 02:33 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Default bleak

Quote:
Originally Posted by iluvdvds@Cult Labs View Post
I watched one of THE most entertaining post-apocalyptic movies last night, that I hadn't even heard of before. Has anyone else?

The mighty...

Bleak Future!

Shot on 8mm by a bunch of friends, it feels just like the bastard son of Bad Taste and Braindead set in a Mad Max world. Reminded me a little of Turbo Kid too slightly. It's totally bonkers and has some great home-made gore effects too.

The basic plot is pretty simple. Set in the near future (now the past!), the world is now a baron wasteland, ruled by nomads and mutants. A place where relics from the past - or as we'd call it...trash - are sacred objects. A guy (think Kenny Everett) goes on a quest to find the answer to everything - he thinks he's the 'chosen one' - lead by a powerful beacon (which is nothing but an old cd). He's joined by a mute Scottish savage, the dumbest blonde bimbo you've ever met (so funny!) and hot on their trail is a couple of great baddies who are very similar to Mad Max.

Nuts, insane and lots of fun if you like home-made, no-budget films. If you've ever seen Judas Priest's Turbo Lover music video, it looks very much like that - the weird purply colour skies.

This was one of the VHS in my recent lot I was given (308 VHS in total! ) and it's pretty obscure. Only about 180 votes on IMDb. Looks like it's been released on DVD now - well worth checking out with beer and pizza.

Has anyone else here seen this 'masterpiece'?
i got this o video years ago and remember it beem amusing , dont they get kidnapped by aliens at the end?
Old 28th January 2017, 04:08 PM
Active Cultist

I really like Steel Dawn, starring Patrick Swayze. It feels very much like a post-apocalyptic sequel to Road House, despite being released two years beforehand.

Like this? Share it using the links below!