Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Film Discussions > Sci-Fi & Fantasy

Poll: Is Blade Runner overrated?
Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.
Poll Options
Is Blade Runner overrated?

Like Tree107Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 31st July 2017, 03:17 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by bleakshaun View Post
I tried rereading do androids dream of electric sheep. I find it so hard to get into

Sent from my MediaPad T1 8.0 Pro using Tapatalk
That's a shame.
I find his work endlessly surprises me ....

[B]
"... the days ahead will be filled with struggle ... and coated in marzipan ... "[/B]
Old 10th October 2017, 04:03 PM
Ex-member

Off to see Bladerunner 2049 tonight,hoping it will be good and by all accounts the reviews seem to indicate that..........so we will see.
Old 10th October 2017, 04:56 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

It's 11.50 pounds for one person to see a 2D film at my town's cinema! So unsurprisingly, the wife and I are waiting for the 2049 blu-ray to arrive.
Old 10th October 2017, 05:03 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by SymbioticFunction View Post
It's 11.50 pounds for one person to see a 2D film at my town's cinema! So unsurprisingly, the wife and I are waiting for the 2049 blu-ray to arrive.
That's expensive the most I pay is about 8-9 unless it's IMAX, does your cinema not have any cheap days like vue and Odeon, this is a film that needs to be seen on the big screen.
SilverSurfer likes this.
Old 10th October 2017, 05:35 PM
Cult Veteran
Cult Labs Radio Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by trebor8273 View Post
That's expensive the most I pay is about 8-9 unless it's IMAX, does your cinema not have any cheap days like vue and Odeon, this is a film that needs to be seen on the big screen.
It's £13.45 to a see a film at the Liverpool Odeon these days, another £3 or so for the IMAX or 3D. I have the limitless card but I'm letting my membership lapse at the end of this month, so Blade Runner 2049 this after was probably my last trip to the Odeon for a long while.

Anyway, I thought the film was good, not as good as everyone else seems to think it was. But let's get this out of the way immediately, it's not because there is next to no action. It's because it's just a bit too long. The sound design and soundtrack were amazing, the visuals were breathtaking, the story was great, the acting was excellent. BUT 2hrs 45mins is just too long, the story is not that complex! I'm sure that on re-watching, at home, on my TV I'll appreciate the pace a little more, it's a weird one you have to see it on the big screen because it looks and sounds amazing!

Triumphant sight on a northern sky

Old 10th October 2017, 05:43 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin101 View Post
It's £13.45 to a see a film at the Liverpool Odeon these days, another £3 or so for the IMAX or 3D. I have the limitless card but I'm letting my membership lapse at the end of this month, so Blade Runner 2049 this after was probably my last trip to the Odeon for a long while.

Anyway, I thought the film was good, not as good as everyone else seems to think it was. But let's get this out of the way immediately, it's not because there is next to no action. It's because it's just a bit too long. The sound design and soundtrack were amazing, the visuals were breathtaking, the story was great, the acting was excellent. BUT 2hrs 45mins is just too long, the story is not that complex! I'm sure that on re-watching, at home, on my TV I'll appreciate the pace a little more, it's a weird one you have to see it on the big screen because it looks and sounds amazing!
It easily could of been 30 minutes shorter, but is a film that needs to be seen on the big screen probably my favourite film this year along with baby driver.
Justin101 likes this.
Old 10th October 2017, 10:48 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

I haven't been to the cinema since Force Awakens came out. btw no cheap days at my cinema. So I'll just be watching 2049 on my 50" television.
Old 11th October 2017, 04:06 AM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by SymbioticFunction View Post
That's plays a huge part of what puts people of going to the cinema , then they complain that certain films don't do as well as they should , that's probably the reason why..
If the prices where a reasonable price eg £6 , then more people would probably go and more often as well.
Susan Foreman and nosferatu42 like this.
Old 11th October 2017, 08:08 AM
Cult Acolyte

I don't mind the $10. It's just that even that's too much for most of the crap that comes out these days.
Old 11th October 2017, 11:01 AM
Ex-member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin101 View Post

I thought the film was good too.

The R/Time was needed as there was a lot of info that you needed to know.

My only gripe (NO SPOILERS AHEAD so do not worry ) I think the soundtrack for the very end titles needed the End title music from the Original film and not what was on there,Would you agree?

It is a film you need to see on the BIG screen not on tv even if you have a good set up.
trebor8273 likes this.

Like this? Share it using the links below!