Go Back   Cult Labs > Film Discussions > Sci-Fi & Fantasy
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree22Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 28th January 2015, 12:56 PM
Cult King
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Senior Moderator

Looking at the cast and their Saturday Night Live style resumes makes me think it'll come across more like a Scary Movie parody than a remake / reboot.
Old 28th January 2015, 12:59 PM
Seasoned Cultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by nordicdusk View Post
I can't stand Melissa Mcarthy so that's a massive negative for me.
Couldn't agree more! The most annoying actress ever. All she can do is be loud and obscene. Such a talent.

Usually I end up seeing all these remakes that keep coming out, but this one... no... I will never watch it. I couldn't even finish watching the same director's movie called The Heat, pure torture!
Old 28th January 2015, 01:16 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Ghostbusters is one of those films from my childhood that I used to watch pretty much every Sunday morning while my older sister and parents were still in bed, I saw the sequel at the cinema and despite it not being a patch on the original, I still thoroughly enjoy it. Then came the Real Ghostbusters cartoon, which I loved watching after school, now we have this "film" which I'm sure will ruin those childhood memories and totally kill the franchise, so I've no intention of watching this, I bet Harold Ramis is turning in his grave right now!
If I'm curt with you it's because time is a factor. I think fast, I talk fast and I need you guys to act fast if you wanna get out of this. So, pretty please... with sugar on top. Clean the ****ing car!
Old 28th January 2015, 02:35 PM
Moderator Alumni
Good Trader

I've never even heard of this Melissa McCarthy, but by the sounds of things that is a good thing!
Old 28th January 2015, 02:46 PM
Cult Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by bizarre_eye@Cult Labs View Post
I've never even heard of this Melissa McCarthy, but by the sounds of things that is a good thing!
image.jpg
Old 28th January 2015, 04:38 PM
Seasoned Cultist

I have heard of none of these people in my life.

Where is Bill? Dan? Ernie? Harold is unfortunately dead and I know Bill hates the idea but surely we could have had Dan and Ernie training a new team? I'd gladly take that.
Old 28th January 2015, 06:04 PM
Cult Don
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

No Murray or Ackroyd?

Another total Hollywood cash grabbing ****-up.

Teddy, I'm a Scotch drinker - you know that. I just have the occasional brandy when I'm not drinking.
Old 28th January 2015, 06:06 PM
Cult Don
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

It wouldn't quite have been the same without Ramis,but the original characters were as entertaining as all the (at the time) state of the art effects.

Teddy, I'm a Scotch drinker - you know that. I just have the occasional brandy when I'm not drinking.
Old 27th December 2021, 05:31 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Didn't know where to put this, but it's ghostbusters.

Don't know if it's been mentioned if so I do apologise.

Delete if think appropriate.

https://bloody-disgusting.com/home-v...3oS3ZFJuWtPGpE

VIDEOJam-Packed ‘Ghostbusters’ Ultimate Collection Boasts Rare 114-Minute “Preview Cut” of Original Film Plus Much More New Footage!!

Sony Pictures Home Entertainment has not only officially announced their Ghostbusters: Afterlife 4K, Blu-ray and DVD release, but a jam-packed box set that has some seriously buzzworthy new special features.

We’ve already received several Ghostbusters releases, but the forthcoming Ghostbusters Ultimate Collection is truly loaded with new extras, including an extremely rare 114-minute “Preview Cut” of the original film (presented in Standard Definition) and lost Dana Barrett audition footage with several prominent actresses that all lost out to Sigourney Weaver.

The “Preview Cut” of the film is said to be an unearthed early cut of the film with “alternate takes, additional scenes, early effects” and more. It’s unclear the depth of the changes, but it could include some of the newly-discovered footage included on the Steelbook release.

The other highlight is a collection of several auditions for the role of Dana Barrett, featuring Pet Sematary‘s Denise Crosby, Weird Science‘s Kelly LeBrock, and more!

For the superfan, there are also over an hour of raw dailies, encompassing 7 scenes from the film!

But wait, there’s MORE. The Ultimate Collection also includes a whopping 19 NEVER-BEFORE-SEEN deleted scenes from Ghostbusters II!

Lastly, before we dig into the full extra feature breakdown, it’s worth noting that Sony Home Entertainment has made a last-minute decision to include a Digital Download of Paul Feig’s Ghostbusters (2016). As of this writing, there is no physical component.

The Ghostbusters Ultimate Collection is available at retailers on February 1, 2022, is presented in collectible “ghost trap” packaging with lights, and includes a full 220-page reprint of the rare 1985 “Making Ghostbusters” book!

GHOSTBUSTERS 4K ULTRA HD
Feature presented in 4K resolution with Dolby Vision
Dolby Atmos + 5.1 + Theatrical Stereo

GHOSTBUSTERS BLU-RAY
Feature presented in high definition, from the 4K master
5.1 + Theatrical Stereo
Special Features:
Commentary Featuring Director Ivan Reitman, Star/Co-Writer Harold Ramis and Associate Producer Joe Medjuck
Fan Commentary Moderated by Ghost Corps’ Eric Reich
Slimer Mode Picture-in-Picture Track

GHOSTBUSTERS II 4K ULTRA HD
Dolby Atmos + 5.1 + Theatrical Stereo

GHOSTBUSTERS II BLU-RAY
Feature presented in high definition, from the 4K master
5.1 + Theatrical Stereo
Special Feature:
Commentary Featuring Director Ivan Reitman, Star/Co-Writer Dan Aykroyd and Executive Producer Joe Medjuck

GHOSTBUSTERS: AFTERLIFE 4K ULTRA HD
Dolby Atmos

GHOSTBUSTERS: AFTERLIFE BLU-RAY
Feature presented in high definition
Includes all special features from the standalone Blu-ray

SPECIAL FEATURES DISC 1 – GHOSTBUSTERS (1984)
NEW: Rare 114-minute Preview Cut of the Film (in Standard Definition) – an unearthed early cut of the film with alternate takes, additional scenes, early effects and more. A unique must-see experience for any Ghostbusters fan!
With optional commentary by Associate Producer Joe Medjuck and Editor Sheldon Kahn

NEW: “Reitman Squared” Scene Commentary – a look at two scenes from the film with Ivan & Jason Reitman

NEW: Dana’s Lost Auditions – eight auditions for the role of Dana Barrett, featuring Denise Crosby, Kelly LeBrock and more!
Special thanks to Brandon Kleyla

NEW: “Ghostbusters: Behind Closed Doors” Documentary – a 90-minute documentary about the making of Ghostbusters and the history of the franchise!

NEW: Ghostbusters Dailies – over an hour of raw dailies, encompassing 7 scenes from the film

NEW: Full TV Broadcast Version of the Film (in Standard Definition) – featuring alternate TV-safe takes
16 Deleted Scenes
TV Commercial from the Film + Commercial Outtakes
1984 ShoWest Exhibitor Reel
“A Moment With the Stars” Original EPK Featurette
1984 Featurette
SFX Team Featurette
Cast and Crew Featurette
Who You Gonna Call: A Ghostbusters Retrospective
Ecto-1: Resurrecting the Classic Car
Ruth Oliver’s Library Ghost Scream Test
Multi-Angle Explorations
Storyboard Comparisons
Photo Galleries
“Ghostbusters” Music Video by Ray Parker, Jr.
Theatrical Trailers & Promo

SPECIAL FEATURES DISC 2 – GHOSTBUSTERS II & GHOSTBUSTERS: AFTERLIFE
GHOSTBUSTERS II

NEW: “Reitman Squared” Scene Commentary – a look at two scenes from the film with Ivan & Jason Reitman

NEW: 19 Deleted Scenes – a collection of never-before-seen deleted scenes!

NEW: Ghostbusters II Soundtrack Promo – a scene from the film with commentary from composer Randy Edelman

NEW: Full TV Broadcast Version of the Film (in Standard Definition) – featuring alternate TV-safe takes
7 Additional Deleted Scenes
“The Oprah Winfrey Show: Cast of Ghostbusters II” – June 1989
Time Is But A Window: Ghostbusters II and Beyond
Ghostbusters II Original EPK
“On Our Own” Music Video by Bobby Brown
Theatrical Trailers

GHOSTBUSTERS: AFTERLIFE
Jason’s Sneak Peek from Set
Theatrical Trailers
Old 27th December 2021, 06:37 PM
Cult Don
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Ghostbusters is the new Battle Royale!

Like this? Share it using the links below!