Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   Sci-Fi & Fantasy (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=542)
-   -   Ghostbusters III (Actually happening) (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/sci-fi-fantasy/12119-ghostbusters-iii-actually-happening.html)

Gothmogxx 19th March 2014 08:11 PM

Ghostbusters III (Actually happening)

Yes it looks like the wait will soon be over... Personally, I really can't wait. Bill Murray I'd like back but I can live with him not appearing. If anything it'll be a good tribute to Ramis.
Ghostbusters 3 to begin production in 2015 but without Ivan Reitman and small part for Dan Aykroyd | Metro News

Gothmogxx 19th March 2014 08:16 PM

I'm going in with no expectations. Not because I'm not not excited (I am), but because it will never live up to the hype like with Phantom Menace and Kingdom of the Crystal Skull, both of which I like but not with the first watch. Second time I accepted them for what they were and it was an easier ride.
Ghostbusters 3 to Begin Filming in 2015 with a New Director - IGN

Susan Foreman 28th January 2015 10:11 AM

Ghostbusters 3 all female cast unveiled | Cinema News | Film @ The Digital Fix

Nordicdusk 28th January 2015 10:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by suziginajackson (Post 433538)

I can't stand Melissa Mcarthy so that's a massive negative for me.

MrRange 28th January 2015 11:19 AM

Ghostbusters is my favourite film of all time, I've loved it since I was 3 or 4 and I must have watched it hundreds of times.

This all just sounds awful to me. Ghostbusters is something special (to me at least) and Paul Feig's films are not. I can just see it being loud, shouty, annoying and immature and to me that is not what Ghostbusters is all about. I am dreading this film.

Rik 28th January 2015 11:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nordicdusk (Post 433539)
I can't stand Melissa Mcarthy so that's a massive negative for me.

Me neither, this gets worse every week

Nordicdusk 28th January 2015 11:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rik (Post 433541)
Me neither, this gets worse every week

Get in Rebel Wilson and destroy it's altogether :lol:

Demdike@Cult Labs 28th January 2015 12:01 PM

Oh dear.

Paul@TheOverlook 28th January 2015 01:39 PM

I'd be happy to give almost anything a go (with reservations) but the announcement of Melissa McCarthy in the cast is poison as far as the possibility of me seeing it now. I've watched three or four films in which she features and cannot bear her. Every so often someone comes along and becomes a marquee name for a brief period and their fame is completely inexplicable - in McCarthy's case she's hammy, unfunny and her onscreen persona is completely obnoxious and unlikeable.

I know that Stephen is a fan of THE HEAT from a couple of years ago but to me it's a case point in just how annoying she is and the way in which Hollywood works purely on commercial terms, without thinking about longevity of its art (i.e. "she got laughs in BRIDESMAIDS, let's cast her in this"). She ruined the film with her criminally humourless schtick in spite of Sandra Bullock's best efforts playing the "straight guy" opposite McCarthy's "funny".

GHOSTBUSTERS is a brand that's been around for 30 years, through two films, animated series, computer games and books but the makers of this new film want to chuck a flash-in the-pan, soon-to-be has-been in in one of the starring roles. They have absolutely no respect for the property at all.

Paul@TheOverlook 28th January 2015 01:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nordicdusk (Post 433542)
Get in Rebel Wilson and destroy it's altogether :lol:

I'd take Rebel Wilson over McCarthy any day.