Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Film Discussions > Sci-Fi & Fantasy
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 8th January 2017, 09:13 PM
Cult Rookie

Default please assst in my quest... :)

hello,
i need/want/hope to find a tv movie either from the twilight zone or the outer limits.

i have no idea specifically about the year of it's release except that it was with in the last 20 years[a big number of years but, i'll explain the story and maybe. u'll know].

the movie surrounded a eutopic society.
the developments and abilities of the 'world' that one sees on screen is one of serious advances made in human development.
the ppl in this place are enabled to deal with any situation by a special access instrument/tool that is attached to their temples[an interface which 'reads' their minds and renders any information that is requiered from a super compluter].

with this device accessing any and all knowledge stored within the SC, their lives prove out to be beneficial, for everyone.

there are 2 main characters. a blind older black man and a young boy/adolescent.

the boy can not support the universal access device[he is not connected to the SC] for a reason i can't remember. perhaps genetic or just anomolous but, he is the only one on the planet who is like this but, he is able to read books. no one in this world can read except him.

the black man is blind but, his mind can access the SC.

at a certain stage, the SC starts falling sideways. incorrect data is flooding the general populace. any one accesing the computer show signs of derangement. a[standard] woman is performing a surgical procedure on someone via the link to the SC and ends up pulling off or trying to pull off her own fingernails while doing the surgery. the black man also 'goes south', boy on his own.

the movie goes on telling/showing of the general dissary happening with these folk, as they access the db[data-base] and become more derranged.

the boy comes to the rescue in an unusual way...
now...please, someone, tell me the movie title and i will be a happy little boy!

at
Old 8th January 2017, 09:46 PM
Cult King
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Senior Moderator

Have you tried wiki and the list of all episodes from the shows you mentioned?

Each episode has a synopsis.
Old 9th January 2017, 03:51 AM
Cult Rookie

Default tv movie

yes, i did that. i lost my way within the waste that appeared in google.
problems with 'correct search words' on my part.
a difficult episode to synopsise sufficiently with words about that particular film.
can not word it correctly.

i have a sneaking suspicion that it might not have been a TZ or OL episode.

may well have been an unusual easy kind of sci-films[for tv].

i remember there was a taste['] of good production/softly presented,
within the film. it was not 'dated'...if u see what i mean.

if you could or would...what words from seeing the above post,
would u use to define such as the needed movie.
a few would be helpful. am nearly 'blind' at this stage in that, no words put together work correcly.

thanks ahead

Like this? Share it using the links below!