Like Tree1966Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 24th September 2018, 08:00 PM
Cult King
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demoncrat View Post

Review!! It's an oddity. Whilst the hardcore adds absolutely no-thing to the film, I found that version to be more 'palatable' ... such is life
Hardcore means longer though.

I'd have preferred more cuts.

About 88 mins of them.
Old 24th September 2018, 08:44 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Actually the part where they are travelling through the 'jungle' is where the bestiality scene is shoved in ... bizarre juxtapostion of film stocks etc etc.... sighs.
Rewatch!!!

Did not even 'Uranus milk' raise a titter??

[B]
"... the days ahead will be filled with struggle ... and coated in marzipan ... "[/B]
Old 24th September 2018, 08:56 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Space Truckers (1996, Stuart Gordon)
Contains NO bestiality!! . Though there is some nookie . This and Supernova ... can't think of any other zero g sex scenes???
Dennis Hoppers his way 'round the stars and bars of his quadrant, he's seen it all and just wants to mate with Faruza Mazar (always get them mixed up ) or something. Setting aside the unpleasantness inherent in this 'business transaction'... Hey! It's that Dorff bloke ... at a loose end it seems, for all the effort he puts in. Great robots though . Like something from a bygone era ... sighs.

[B]
"... the days ahead will be filled with struggle ... and coated in marzipan ... "[/B]
Old 24th September 2018, 10:16 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demoncrat View Post

Actually the part where they are travelling through the 'jungle' is where the bestiality scene is shoved in ... bizarre juxtapostion of film stocks etc etc.... sighs.
Rewatch!!!
Yeah that's just plain odd. They stop in the middle of the jungle and apparently watch two horses at it next to a stable in very ropey stock footage.
Old 24th September 2018, 11:37 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Earth vs The Spider 1958.

A small town battles a spider that's been hiding in a cave.

This is a bit like the 1955 movie Tarantula, except the spider wasn't part of a experiment, and the inhabitants seem to be of 10 people, who do battle with it.

As much as the main actors in this and the spider, the shots of the caves seem to be more part of it than the small town, as a B Movie and some of a decent budget, by today's standards this does have its flaws but back then I bet a few people saw it as a good scare, despite all that its a decent flick to watch. There is another movie by Bert Gordon Attack of the puppet people, has anyone seen that and recommend it??
Attached Images
File Type: jpg download.jpg (12.7 KB, 3 views)
Old 25th September 2018, 01:56 AM
Cult Addict

I think you need to look at Bert I Gordon on IMDB who is attributed to this and many other B movies as well as the ones you mention.
MrBarlow likes this.

MIKE: I've got it! Peter Cushing! We've got to drive a stake through his heart!
VYVYAN: Great! I'll get the car!
NEIL: I'll get a cushion.
Old 25th September 2018, 07:10 AM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by nosferatu42 View Post
I think you need to look at Bert I Gordon on IMDB who is attributed to this and many other B movies as well as the ones you mention.
Will see what ones I can get, there was two that seemed interesting, The Amazing Colossal Man and The Cyclops.
nosferatu42 likes this.
Old 26th September 2018, 05:11 PM
Cult Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by bleakshaun View Post
Dollman
B movie goodness. the story a cop from another world chases a floating head, they go through an energy storm and land on earth - a sixth their size, dollman saves a woman from a drug gang and fights dealers. the plot is simple, the action great, good stupid fun.
So I watched this today.

Still thoroughly enjoyed watching it. And hey they should do a sequel to it. Tim Thomerson is still alive so Charles Band get to it.

I should also note, recommended.

Sent from my PRA-LX1 using Tapatalk
MrBarlow likes this.
Old 26th September 2018, 05:16 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by bleakshaun View Post
So I watched this today.

Still thoroughly enjoyed watching it. And hey they should do a sequel to it. Tim Thomerson is still alive so Charles Band get to it.

I should also note, recommended.

Sent from my PRA-LX1 using Tapatalk
Thought i was clicking on the same thread twice then.
Old 26th September 2018, 10:16 PM
Cult Acolyte

Default The Nest.(1988)

The Nest not to be confused with the other equally good bug movie They Nest,is a bit of semi low budget nonsense from Corman's Concorde Pictures.As per usual its those bloody scientists/doctors/military (please tick the appropriate conspiracy) messing with good old mother nature,why they think that altering a species,and making it either very big or very angry or crave meat will help humanity in any way shape or form is beyond me or common sense.And the fact they usually unleash these mutated irratations on usually an island or some red neck corner of America,or a redneck island is no compensation for the rest of planet just because a bunch of shit kicking cousin ****ers get eaten first.So what do know a big corporation called INTEC Corporation,have been experimenting on cockroaches and your average bug is now a flesh eating pest that's eating every thing in its path and probably the path as well.The Nest while not exactly in the same league as say the special effects in Carpenter's The Thing,are still good old fashioned practical effects that used to adorn the pages of Fangoria when I was alot younger.
Say what you will about cockroaches,they seem to take direction pretty well,and are all ways convincing when comes to being extremely gross,and making people squirm.Like most small towns invaded by unwelcome critters,there are the usual assortment of characters,good meaning cop,corrupt mayor,zany bug exterminator (pest control agent as he calls it),crazy old man and a female doctor who has a thing for bugs.The Nest harks back to the those 1970's eco horrors more than it does to the giant creatures on the loose movies of the 1950's,but it's pure B-movie fodder of a kind we do not really see anymore,which is a shame and unlike alot of 80's genre movies it keeps the comedy element to a bare minimum,besides there's is nothing funny about seeing your beloved household pets getting eaten.Also The Nest has one of my favourite bits of dialogue,when the restaurant owner yells at the cook as he's putting out the rubbish... "don't play with the garbage your not a raccoon."...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 91ZDDg5ew6L._SL1500_.jpg (95.6 KB, 3 views)

Like this? Share it using the links below!