Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Film Discussions > Sci-Fi & Fantasy
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree20Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 31st January 2010, 11:14 AM
Cult Acolyte

Location: From the bowels of Newcastle Upon Tyne he came....to collect DVDs and BRs!
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by vincenzo View Post
He went on to appear in the General Hospital spin-off TV series Port Charles, and recently popped up briefly as the Kobayashi Maru test administrator in the new Star Trek film.
I'm really surprised Byron's still acting as i thought his performing career may have petered out after his Charles Band efforts.
Old 31st January 2010, 11:18 AM
Cult Acolyte

Location: From the bowels of Newcastle Upon Tyne he came....to collect DVDs and BRs!
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ste67GB View Post
mad max rip off Stryker is showing on movies4men tonight.
Never too fussed on any Cirio H. Santiago output to be honest and Stryker is no exception. Stick with the Italian post-apocalypse stuff instead it's so much more entertaining imo!

I also believe the film's lead actor Steve Sandor played a bad guy opposite Bruce Li in '78's kung fu exploiter Dynamo.
Old 6th July 2010, 02:47 PM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

I'm surprised that no-one has mentioned Wheels of Fire. All I remember about it is the heroine running around mainly topless for most of the picture, after being captured by a gang. It had the usual dodgy dressed cars and bargain basement FX.
Old 6th July 2010, 03:28 PM
Seasoned Cultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by wayfarer View Post
I'm surprised that no-one has mentioned Wheels of Fire. All I remember about it is the heroine running around mainly topless for most of the picture, after being captured by a gang. It had the usual dodgy dressed cars and bargain basement FX.
I'm suprised no one has mention Patrick Swayze much underatted movie Steel Dawn or the Rutger Hauer film Salute of the Jugger A.K.A. Blood of Heroes.

You make it easy.
Old 6th July 2010, 04:37 PM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingofwitches666 View Post
I'm suprised no one has mention Patrick Swayze much underatted movie Steel Dawn or the Rutger Hauer film Salute of the Jugger A.K.A. Blood of Heroes.
Now you mention it....

I haven't seen Salute of the Jugger since it's release. Wasn't there some kind of issue with the running time on that flick? A typical 80s problem.
Old 6th July 2010, 09:35 PM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

Quote:
i have both of those, Steel Dawn is a Fave of mine and although i own Blood of Heroes, i havent actually seen it yet...
Old 7th July 2010, 09:58 AM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

Is there a definitive release of Salute of the Jugger? I know squat about foreign releases outside of the R1 and R2 UK regions.
Old 7th July 2010, 01:31 PM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

i have this one, it's a korean release....
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSC01187.JPG (61.8 KB, 5 views)
Old 8th July 2010, 09:01 PM
Seasoned Cultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by wayfarer View Post
Is there a definitive release of Salute of the Jugger? I know squat about foreign releases outside of the R1 and R2 UK regions.
Apparently the UK Optimum release is the full & complete version of the film (no extras mind!) as well as the Australian Hopscotch Entertainment and the later German Concorde Home Entertainment releases.

You make it easy.
Old 9th July 2010, 01:53 PM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

Quote:
Apparently the UK Optimum release is the full & complete version of the film (no extras mind!) as well as the Australian Hopscotch Entertainment and the later German Concorde Home Entertainment releases.
Thanks for the info!

Like this? Share it using the links below!