Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   Sci-Fi & Fantasy (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=542)
-   -   The Doctor Who Thread (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/sci-fi-fantasy/2137-doctor-who-thread.html)

trebor8273 23rd July 2019 09:02 PM

4 Attachment(s)
These arrived from big finish sale.

Demoncrat 23rd July 2019 09:39 PM

And Carnival it was ...

When The Doctor and Jo seemingly arrive aboard a '20s sea vessel, all is not quite shipshape ahem. A lot of fun here what with animal cruelty, tommy guns and Michael Wisher. I have watched this a few times cough. But yer Drashigs .... Pass. They've just never impressed. Hairy hoover hoses??
Next!

trebor8273 23rd July 2019 09:52 PM

Listened to the first part of dark eyes, excellent. I would much rather have the BBC do a season with the 8th Doctor and use big finish writers than what passes for who last season. The episode was better than all of 11 combined

Demoncrat 23rd July 2019 10:04 PM

I've always enjoyed any of the BFs that I have heard. I look forward to Jago & Litefoot immensely

Demdike@Cult Labs 23rd July 2019 10:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by trebor8273 (Post 607934)
Listened to the first part of dark eyes, excellent. I would much rather have the BBC do a season with the 8th Doctor and use big finish writers than what passes for who last season. The episode was better than all of 11 combined

I have the first Dark Eyes set.

Excellent isn't it?

That first episode set in the trenches, the sound design was really good, then when the Daleks arrive...Wow!

Susan Foreman 24th July 2019 06:40 AM

Doctor Who over the years: Episode quotes

Part 2: Nu Who

Rose
Rose: You pulled his arm off.
Doctor: Yep. Plastic.
Rose: Very clever. Nice trick! Who were they then, students? Is this a student thing or what?
Doctor: Why would they be students?
Rose: I don't know.
Doctor: Well, you said it. Why students?
Rose: 'Cos to get that many people dressed up and being silly, they got to be students.
Doctor: That makes sense. Well done.
Rose: Thanks.
Doctor: They're not students.
Rose: Whoever they are, when Wilson finds them, he's going to call the police.
Doctor: Who's Wilson?
Rose: Chief electrician.
Doctor: Wilson's dead.
Rose: That's just not funny. That's sick!
Doctor: Hold on. Mind your eyes.
Rose: I've had enough of this now. (The Doctor disables the lift mechanism with his sonic screwdriver.) Who are you, then? Who's that lot down there? I said, who are they?
Doctor: They're made of plastic. Living plastic creatures. They're being controlled by a relay device in the roof, which would be a great big problem if I didn't have this. (a small bomb) So, I'm going to go up there and blow them up, and I might well die in the process, but don't worry about me. No, you go home. Go on. Go and have your lovely beans on toast. Don't tell anyone about this, because if you do, you'll get them killed. (He shuts the door behind him, then opens it again.) I'm the Doctor, by the way. What's your name?
Rose: Rose.
Doctor: Nice to meet you, Rose. Run for your life!
…............................................

Rose: If you are an alien, how comes you sound like you're from the North?
Doctor: Lots of planets have a north.
Rose: What's a police public call box?
Doctor: It's a telephone box from the 1950s. It's a disguise.

….............................................
Rose: A fat lot of good you were.
Doctor: Nestene Consciousness? Easy.
Rose: You were useless in there. You'd be dead if it wasn't for me.
Doctor: Yes, I would. Thank you. Right then, I'll be off, unless, er, I don't know, you could come with me. This box isn't just a London hopper, you know. It goes anywhere in the universe free of charge.
Mickey: Don't. He's an alien. He's a thing.
Doctor: He's not invited. What do you think? You could stay here, fill your life with work and food and sleep, or you could go anywhere.
Rose: Is it always this dangerous?
Doctor: Yeah.
Rose: Yeah, I can't. I've er, I've got to go and find my mum and someone's got to look after this stupid lump, so.
Doctor: Okay. See you around.
(The Tardis dematerialises.)
Rose: Come on, let's go. Come on. Come on.
(The Tardis materialises.)
Doctor: By the way, did I mention it also travels in time?
Rose: Thanks.
Mickey: Thanks for what?
Rose: Exactly.
(Rose kisses Mickey on the cheek and runs into the Tardis.)

Demdike@Cult Labs 24th July 2019 01:32 PM

Image of the Day # 109

1 Attachment(s)
Elisabeth Sladen's introductory photo call with third Doctor Jon Pertwee prior to her debut in The Time Warrior (1973)

Susan Foreman 24th July 2019 02:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs (Post 607970)
Elisabeth Sladen's introductory photo call with third Doctor Jon Pertwee prior to her debut in The Time Warrior (1973)

April Walker - the unluckiest woman in television in 1973 - who was originally cast as Sarah-Jane

Shortly before Barry Letts auditioned her for the role, Walker had been cast to appear in the final episode of the first series of 'Whatever Happened to the Likely Lads?' as Terry Collier's estranged German wife, Jutta Baumgarten.

The conclusion of the episode 'End of an Era', was to have seen Terry saying goodbye to his friend Bob and his new wife, Thelma at the airport as they depart on their honeymoon, just as Jutta arrives

However, although the scene with April Walker was filmed, producer Jimmy Gilbert elected to remove her appearance. The editing out of April's character appears to have been a last-minute decision on Gilbert's part as her name remains in the closing credits of the episode even though she never actually appears on-screen.

April recalled:
"I was overjoyed to get the part. We filmed Jutta’s arrival at Newcastle airport in the early hours of the morning so as not to cause too much disruption. I think I was dressed in a mini skirt, tight sweater, furry jacket, white boots & blonde hair in plaits round my head, all rather obvious but fun.

It was the last episode of the series with the promise of episodes to follow. Then it was then decided not to marry Terry off as there would be more of a contrast and variety with only Bob tied down. Then there was Doctor Who and I began to wonder what I’d done wrong, but these things do happen
So in the end, April Walker lost out on not one, but two major roles in 1973.

Demoncrat 24th July 2019 07:59 PM

Unlucky indeed then ...

The Curse Of Peladon

Borrowing a bit of Gogol, this cracking yarn filled with incident and the like excites still. Plus Nice Warriors!:laugh:
Annnnd Alpha Centauri.
The one in the jar is more convincing :lol:. Ahem.

City Of Death

Duggan!!!
Time travel?:rolleyes: Paris? That outfit? Adams reigns in his excesses to produce something akin to perfection.
Julian Glover gloats magnificently as the last of his race, might he well, as his immediate plans do not bode well for the human race. Luckily our favourite Gallifreyians spot a wrinkle due to their innate sense of time ;)

Susan Foreman 24th July 2019 08:27 PM

In memory of Rutger Hauer, the Doctor who almost was