Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Film Discussions > Sci-Fi & Fantasy

Poll: Who's your favourite Doctor?
Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.
Poll Options
Who's your favourite Doctor?

Like Tree28499Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 6th August 2019, 07:40 PM
Cult Master

The IBM Building at North Harbour in Portsmouth - used for external scenes in 'Revelation Of The Daleks'

Golly, Gee! it's wrong to be so guilty
Old 7th August 2019, 05:47 AM
Cult Master

Doctor Who over the years: Episode quotes
New Earth
Cass-Rose: Look at me. From class to brass. Although, oh, curves. Oh, baby, it's like living inside a bouncy castle!
Chip: The mistress is beautiful.
Cass-Rose: Absolutement! Oh, but look.
(The equipment that had been keeping flat Cassandra alive is fried.)
Chip: Oh, the brain lead expired. My old mistress is gone.
Cass-Rose: But safe and sound in here.
Chip: But what of the Rose child's mind?
Cass-Rose: Oh, tucked away. I can just about access the surface memory. She's. Gosh, she's with the Doctor. A man. He's the Doctor. The same Doctor with a new face. That hypocrite! I must get the name of his surgeon. I could do with a little work. Although nice rear bumper. Hmm (The phone in Rose's back pocket rings.) Oh, it seems to be ringing. Is it meant to ring?
Chip: A primitive communications device.
The Doctor [OC]: Rose, where are you?
Cass-Rose: How does she speak?
Chip: Old Earth Cockney.
Cass-Rose: Er, wotcha.
[Ward 26]
The Doctor: Where've you been? How long does it take to get to Ward 26?
Cass-Rose [OC]: I'm on my way, governor. I shall proceed up the apples and Pears.
The Doctor: You'll never guess. I'm with the Face of Boe. Remember him?
Cass-Rose OC: Of course I do. That big old boat race.

Cass-Rose: We're trapped! What am I going to do?
The Doctor: Well, for starters, you're going to leave that body. That psychograft is banned on every civilised planet. You're compressing Rose to death.
Cass-Rose: But I've got nowhere to go. My original skin's dead.
The Doctor: Not my problem. You can float as atoms in the air. Now, get out. Give her back to me.
Cass-Rose: You asked for it.
(Cassandra take a deep breath and blows energy out to the Doctor.)
Rose: Blimey, my head. Where'd she go?
Cass-Doctor: Oh, my. This is different.
Rose: Cassandra?
Cass-Doctor: Goodness me, I'm a man. Yum. So many parts. And hardly used. Oh, oh, two hearts! Oh, baby, I'm beating out a samba!
Rose: Get out of him.
Cass-Doctor: Oo, he's slim, and a little bit foxy. You've thought so too. I've been inside your head. You've been looking. You like it. (The diseased people burst in.) What do we do? What would he do? The Doctor, what the hell would he do?
Rose: Ladder. We've got to get up.
Cass-Doctor: Out of the way, blondie!
Woman: Please, help us. Help.
(Up on Ward 26, the Duke of Manhattan lends his considerable bulk to the barricade.
Chip shuts himself inside a cell in ICU.)

[Lift shaft]
(Climbing up.)
Rose: If you get out of the Doctor's body, he can think of something.
Cass-Doctor: Yap, yap, yap. God, it was tedious inside your head. Hormone city.
Rose: We're going to die if (Matron Casp grabs her ankle.) Get off!
Casp: All our good work. All that healing. The good name of the Sisterhood. You have destroyed everything.
Cass-Doctor: Go and play with a ball of string.
Casp: Everywhere, disease. This is the human world. Sickness!
(A diseased arm reaches up and grasps Casp's ankle. She falls, screaming.)
Rose: Move!
Tannoy: Maximum quarantine. Divert all shuttles.
(The doors on the next level will not open.)
Man: Help us.
Cass-Doctor: Now what do we do?
Rose: Use the sonic screwdriver.
Cass-Doctor: You mean this thing?
Rose: Yes, I mean that thing.
Cass-Doctor: Well, I don't know how. That Doctor's hidden away all his thoughts.
Rose: Cassandra, go back into me. The Doctor can open it. Do it!
Cass-Doctor: Hold on tight.
(The energy transfers.)
Cass-Rose: Oh, chavtastic again. Open it!
The Doctor: Not till you get out of her.
Cass-Rose: We need the Doctor.
The Doctor: I order you to leave her.
(So Cassandra swaps back again.)
Cass-Doctor: No matter how difficult the situation, there is no need to shout.
Rose: Cassandra, get out of him!
Cass-Doctor: But I can't go into you, he simply refuses. He's so rude.
Rose: I don't care. Just do something.
Cass-Doctor: Oh, I am so going to regret this.
(Cassandra transfers to the lead woman on the ladder below them.)
Cass-Woman: Oh, sweet Lord. I look disgusting.
(The Doctor opens the lift doors.)
The Doctor: (to Rose) Nice to have you back.
Cass-Woman: No, you don't.
(Cassandra's energy makes it to Rose before the lift doors close again.)
nosferatu42 likes this.

Old 7th August 2019, 10:20 AM
Cult King
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Senior Moderator

Default Image of the Day # 123

An atmospheric shot of a Cyberman from 2013's Nightmare in Silver.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg p018r66b.jpg (42.5 KB, 30 views)
Old 8th August 2019, 06:06 AM
Cult Master

Doctor Who over the years: Episode quotes
Tooth And Claw
Rose: What do you think of this? Will it do?
The Doctor: In the late 1970s? You'd be better off in a bin bag. Hold on, listen to this. (The Doctor puts a CD into the Tardis player.) Ian Dury and the Blockheads. Number One in 1979.
Rose: You're a punk.
The Doctor: It's good to be a lunatic.
Rose: That's what you are. A big old punk with a bit of rockabillly thrown in.
The Doctor: Would you like to see him?
Rose: How'd you mean? In concert?
The Doctor: What else is a Tardis for? I can take you to the Battle of Trafalgar, the first anti-gravity Olympics, Caesar crossing the Rubicon or Ian Dury at the Top Rank, Sheffield, England, Earth, 21st November, 1979. What do you think?
Rose: Sheffield it is.
The Doctor: Hold on tight.
(The Doctor beats the rhythm of the song on the console as they travel.)
Rose: Stop!
(They stop suddenly, and get thrown to the floor.)
The Doctor: 1979. Hell of a year. China invades Vietnam. The Muppet Movie. Love that film. Margaret Thatcher. Urgh. Skylab falls to Earth, with a little help from me. Nearly took off my thumb. [Highlands] And I like my thumb. I need my thumb. I'm very attached to (Rifles are cocked.) My thumb. (They are surrounded by Redcoats. The officer in charge is on a black horse.) 1879. Same difference.
Reynolds: You will explain your presence. And the nakedness of this girl.
(David reverts to his natural accent.)
The Doctor: Are we in Scotland?
Reynolds: How can you be ignorant of that?
The Doctor: Oh, I'm, I'm dazed and confused. I've been chasing this, this wee naked child over hill and over dale. Isn't that right, ya timorous beastie?
Rose: Och, aye! I've been oot and aboot.
The Doctor: No, don't do that.
Rose: Hoots mon.
The Doctor: No, really don't. Really.
Reynolds: Will you identify yourself, sir?
The Doctor: I'm Doctor James McCrimmon, from the township of Balamory. I have my credentials, if I may. (He gets out his psychic paper.) As you can see, a Doctorate from the University of Edinburgh. I trained under Doctor Bell himself.

(Reynolds empties his revolver at the werewolf before it pounces and rips him apart.)
The Doctor: Rose!
(The Doctor drags her inside the room.)
Robert: Barricade the door.
(They do.)
The Doctor: Wait a minute. Shush, shush, wait a minute. (There is one lonely howl.) It's stopped. (The werewolf sniffs at the door, then leaves.) It's gone.
Rose: Listen.
(There are footsteps and growls from outside the walls as it walks around the room.)
The Doctor: Is this the only door?
Robert: Yes. No!
(They quickly barricade the other door.)
Rose: Shush. (The noises continue outside the walls.) I don't understand. What's stopping it?
The Doctor: Something inside this room. What is it? Why can't it get in?
Rose: I'll tell you what, though.
The Doctor: What?
Rose: Werewolf.
The Doctor: I know. You all right?
Rose: I'm okay, yeah.
Robert: I'm sorry, Ma'am. It's all my fault. I should have sent you away. I tried to suggest something was wrong. I thought you might notice. Did you think there was nothing strange about my household staff?
The Doctor: Well, they were bald, athletic. Your wife's away, I just thought you were happy.
Rose: I'll tell you what though, Ma'am, I bet you're not amused now.
Victoria: Do you think this is funny?
Rose: No, Ma'am. I'm sorry.
Victoria: What, exactly, I pray tell me, someone, please. What exactly is that creature?
The Doctor: You'd call it a werewolf, but technically it's a more of a lupine wavelength haemovariform.
Victoria: And should I trust you, sir? You who change your voice so easily? What happened to your accent?
The Doctor: Oh right, sorry, that's
Victoria: I'll not have it. No, sir. Not you, not that thing, none of it. This is not my world.
The Doctor: Mistletoe. Sir Robert, did you father put that there?
Robert: I don't know. I suppose.
The Doctor: On the other door, too. No, a carving wouldn't be enough. I wonder. (He licks the woodwork.) Viscum album, the oil of the mistletoe. It's been worked into the wood like a varnish. How clever was your dad? I love him. Powerful stuff, mistletoe. Bursting with lectins and viscotoxins.
Rose: And the wolf's allergic to it?
The Doctor: Well, it thinks it is. The monkey monk monks need a way of controlling the wolf, maybe they trained it to react against certain things.
Robert: Nevertheless, that creature won't give up, Doctor, and we still don't possess an actual weapon.
The Doctor: Oh, your father got all the brains, didn't he?
Rose: Being rude again.
The Doctor: Good. I meant that one. You want weapons? We're in a library. Books! Best weapons in the world. This room's the greatest arsenal we could have. (He throws some books to Rose.) Arm yourself.

Victoria: By the power invested in me by the Church and the State, I dub thee Sir Doctor of Tardis. By the power invested in me by the Church and the State, I dub thee Dame Rose of the Powell Estate. You may stand.
The Doctor: Many thanks, Ma'am.
Rose: Thanks. They're never going to believe this back home.
The Doctor: Your Majesty, you said last night about receiving no message from the great beyond. I think your husband cut that diamond to save your life. He's protecting you even now, Ma'am, from beyond the grave.
Victoria: Indeed. Then you may think on this also. That I am not amused.
Rose: Yes!
Victoria: Not remotely amused. And henceforth I banish you.
The Doctor: I'm sorry?
Victoria: I have rewarded you, Sir Doctor, and now you are exiled from this empire, never to return. I don't know what you are, the two of you, or where you're from, but I know that you consort with stars and magic and think it fun. But your world is steeped in terror and blasphemy and death, and I will not allow it. You will leave these shores and you will reflect, I hope, on how you came to stray so far from all that is good, and how much longer you may survive this terrible life. Now leave my world, and never return.

Old 8th August 2019, 08:31 AM
Cult Acolyte

Twitter and Reddit are ablaze with the rumour that Chibnall has either quit or been fired mid-season (the latter one claiming after the BBC saw rushes from series 12 and were not impressed), and that Pete McTighe has taken over as interim showrunner.
Believe it if you like.
Old 8th August 2019, 10:10 AM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by iank View Post
Twitter and Reddit are ablaze with the rumour that Chibnall has either quit or been fired mid-season (the latter one claiming after the BBC saw rushes from series 12 and were not impressed), and that Pete McTighe has taken over as interim showrunner.
Believe it if you like.
Well not heard of McTighe so looked him up and if it's true looking at what he's done this could be a even worse choice than Chibnall

kablam was bloody awful not filled with any hope.
Old 8th August 2019, 11:25 AM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Default Image of the Day # 124

Michael Wisher as Davros and Peter Miles as Nyder in the 1975 story Genesis of the Daleks.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg p00y1chb.jpg (60.9 KB, 22 views)
Old 8th August 2019, 02:03 PM
Cult Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by iank View Post
Believe it if you like.
Quote:
Originally Posted by trebor8273 View Post
Well not heard of McTighe so looked him up and if it's true looking at what he's done this could be a even worse choice than Chibnall

Doctor Who departure rumours branded “nonsense” by insiders | Radio Times

"Exclusive: Series showrunner Chris Chibnall and star Jodie Whittaker have NOT quit the BBC sci-fi series, according to insiders

Rumours have swirled over the last couple of days that Doctor Who showrunner Chris Chibnall has quit the long-running BBC sci-fi series, with unsubstantiated reports also suggesting that lead actor Jodie Whittaker has departed in sympathy.

However, RadioTimes.com now understands that there is no truth in the speculation about Chibnall and/or Whittaker’s departures, with show insiders bewildered by false rumours that they say bear little resemblance to the reality of series 12 filming.

“This is all total nonsense,” a well-placed Doctor Who source told RadioTimes.com.

“This has originated and spread through the online rumour mill.”

Apparently, the new rumours originated on a popular Doctor Who message-board before being spread on social media platforms, with many fans anticipating an official announcement about either Chibnall or Whittaker’s departure imminently, while also speculating about which other regular writers could be stepping in to take over.

However, many others pointed out the unlikely nature of the longtime Doctor Who writer departing the showrunner position mid-series, while some noted that similar rumours relating to Chibnall’s exit had been suggested and disproven on more than one occasion since he took over the top job in 2017.

As it stands, both Chibnall and Whittaker are set to continue filming series 12 in the coming weeks and months, though exactly what they’re shooting is a bit of a mystery – apart from the return of the Rhino-like Judoon and hints of a wartime France episode, little to no information has been shared about where the Thirteenth Doctor and her friends (played by Bradley Walsh, Mandip Gill and Tosin Cole) will go in the eagerly-awaited new episodes.

Wherever they do go, though, one thing’s for sure – the team aren’t going their separate ways just yet."

Old 8th August 2019, 02:28 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

There isn't smoke without some sort of fire so it wouldn't surprise me if Chibnall's run comes to an end with series 12.
Old 8th August 2019, 02:43 PM
Seasoned Cultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by trebor8273 View Post

That could have been the Chibnall factor though: he gets final say over what the final draft of a script looks like.

Kerblam COULD have been a classic. I mean exploding bubble wrap? Killer robots? That is so Doctor Who. But then you have this ridiculous thing with the janitor? A terrible ending.

Like this? Share it using the links below!