Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Film Discussions > Sci-Fi & Fantasy

Poll: Who's your favourite Doctor?
Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.
Poll Options
Who's your favourite Doctor?

Like Tree28504Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 15th September 2019, 10:48 AM
Cult King
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susan Foreman View Post
Doctor Who over the years: Episode quotes
Turn Left
The Doctor: Everything all right?
Donna: Oh, God.
(Donna hugs the Doctor.)
The Doctor: What was that for?
Donna: I don't know. (Later, the Doctor is prodding the dead beetle with a stick.) I can't remember. It's slipping away. You know like when you try and think of a dream and it just sort of goes.
The Doctor: Just got lucky, this thing. It's one of the Trickster's Brigade. Changes a life in tiny little ways. Most times, the universe just compensates around it, but with you? Great big parallel world.
Donna: Hold on. You said parallel worlds are sealed off.
The Doctor: They are. But you had one created around you. Funny thing is, seems to be happening a lot to you.
Donna: How do you mean?
The Doctor: Well, The Library and then this.
Donna: Just goes with the job, I suppose.
The Doctor: Sometimes I think there's way too much coincidence around you, Donna. I met you once, then I met your grandfather, then I met you again. In the whole wide universe, I met you for a second time. It's like something's binding us together.
Donna: Don't be so daft. I'm nothing special.
The Doctor: Yes, you are. You're brilliant.
Rose [OC]: He thought you were brilliant.
Donna: She said that.
The Doctor: Who did?
Donna: That woman. I can't remember.
The Doctor: Well, she never existed now.
Donna: No, but she said the stars. She said the stars are going out.
The Doctor: Yeah, but that world's gone.
Donna: No, but she said it was all worlds. Every world. She said the darkness is coming even here.
The Doctor: Who was she?
Donna: I don't know.
The Doctor: What did she look like?
Donna: She was blonde.
The Doctor: What was her name?
Donna: I don't know.
The Doctor: Donna, what was her name?
Donna: But she told me to warn you. She said two words.
The Doctor: What two words? What were they? What did she say?
Donna: Bad Wolf. Well, what does it mean? (The Doctor runs outside. Every printed thing now says Bad Wolf. Even the Tardis says Bad Wolf instead of Police Box.) (The inside is lit by red emergency lighting, and the cloister bell tolls.)
Donna: Doctor, what is it? What's Bad Wolf?
The Doctor: It's the end of the universe.
Russell T Davies could sure set up a finale. This scene gives me goosebumps and spinal shudders every time i see it, even now, just reading it was similar.
Susan Foreman and nosferatu42 like this.
Old 15th September 2019, 10:59 AM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Default Image of the Day # 162

Sylvester McCoy's seventh Doctor about to succumb to primal, animal like instincts in the finale of Survival (1989)

Attached Images
File Type: jpg sm5.jpg (90.7 KB, 49 views)
Old 16th September 2019, 05:48 AM
Cult Master

The Stolen Earth
(Bang! The Tardis shakes.)
Donna: What the hell was that?
The Doctor: Don't know. It came from outside.
(The Doctor opens the doors. There are just a few pieces of space rock floating nearby.)
Donna: But we're in space. How did that happen? What did you do?
(The Doctor checks the scanner readings.)
The Doctor: We haven't moved. We're fixed. It can't have. No. The Tardis is still in the same place, but the Earth has gone. The entire planet. It's gone.

Mr Smith: I'm receiving a communication from the earthbound ships. They have a message for the human race.
Sarah-Jane: Put it through, let's hear it.
Dalek [OC]: Exterminate. Exterminate. Exterminate.

Architect: Time Lords are the stuff of legend. They belong in the myths and whispers of the Higher Species. You cannot possibly exist.
The Doctor: Yeah. More to the point, I've got a missing planet.
Architect: Then you're not as wise as the stories would say. The picture is far bigger than you imagine. The whole universe is in outrage, Doctor. Twenty four worlds have been taken from the sky.
The Doctor: How many?. Which ones? Show me.
(He joins the woman at her computer screen.)
Architect: Locations range far and wide, but all disappeared at the exact same moment, leaving no trace.
The Doctor: Callufrax Minorr. Jahoo. Shallacatop. Woman Wept. Clom. Clom's gone? Who'd want Clom?
Architect: All different sizes. Some populated, some not. But all unconnected.
Donna: What about Pyrovillia?
Architect: Who is the female?
Donna: Donna. I'm a human being. Maybe not the stuff of legend but every bit as important as Time Lords, thank you. Way back, when we were in Pompeii, Lucius said Pyrovillia had gone missing.
Judoon: Pyrovillia is cold case. Not relevant.
Donna: How do you mean, cold case?
Architect: The planet Pyrovillia cannot be part of this. It disappeared over two thousand years ago.
Donna: Yes, yes, hang on. But there's the Adipose breeding planet, too. Miss Foster said that was lost, but that must've been a long time ago.
The Doctor: That's it! Donna, brilliant. Planets are being taken out of time as well as space. Let's put this into 3-D. (Holograms of the missing planets start to fill the room.) Now, if we add Pyrovillia and Adipose Three. Something missing. Where else, where else, where else? Where else lost, lost, lost, lost. Oh! The Lost Moon of Poosh.
(With the last sphere added, the representations suddenly reorganise themselves.)
Architect: What did you do?
The Doctor: Nothing. The planets rearranged themselves into the optimum pattern. Oh, look at that. Twenty seven planets in perfect balance. Come on, that is gorgeous.
Donna: Oi, don't get all spaceman. What does it mean?
The Doctor: All those worlds fit together like pieces of an engine. It's like a powerhouse. What for?
Architect: Who could design such a thing?
The Doctor: Someone tried to move the Earth once before. Long time ago. Can't be.

Red Dalek: Commence the landings. Bring the humans here. Prepare the Crucible.
Davros [OC]: Supreme Dalek, is there news?
Red Dalek: Earth has been subjugated.
Davros: I mean, is there news of him?
Red Dalek [on screen]: Negative. No reports of Time Lord. We are beyond the Doctor's reach.
Davros: Fascinating. If I had not elevated you beyond crude emotions, I could almost mistake that tone for one of victory. Beware your pride.
Red Dalek [on screen]: The Doctor cannot stop us.
Davros: And yet, Dalek Caan is uneasy.
(Davros flicks a switch to light up the chained remains of a Dalek casing containing an active mutant.)
Red Dalek: The abomination Is insane.
Davros: Show respect. Without Dalek Caan, none of this would be possible. And he speaks only the truth.
Caan: He is coming, the threefold man. He dances in the lonely places. Oh, creator of us all, the Doctor is coming. Tee hee hee hee

Dalek: All humans will leave their homes. The males, the females, the descendants. You will come with us. Resistance is useless.
[Lets hear it for the return of an old favourite]
Man: Where are you taking us?
Dalek: Daleks do not answer human questions. Stand in line.
(Wilf and Sylvia are watching from the corner.)
Silvia: Dad, please, come home. They're leaving our street alone.
Wilf: Yeah, I've got a weapon.
Silvia: It's a paint gun.
Wilf: Exactly. Them Dalek things, they've only got one eye. A good splodge of paint, they'd be blinded.
[PC Tom Campbell from Dalek Invasion Earth 2150, we're proud of you.]
Man: We're not going. Do you hear me? Laura, get back inside the house. Simon, get inside. Go! (The man picks up a house brick and throws it at the Dalek.) Get back in the sky (Clang as the brick bounces off the Dalek.) Get back where you came from and leave us alone. (He joins his wife and son inside their home.)
Dalek: Dalek attack formation seven. Maximum extermination.
(Three Daleks fire at the terraced house and it goes up in a fireball.)
Wilf: They're monsters.
Silvia: Please, Dad. Come home.
(They leave, and run into a lone Dalek.)
Dalek: Halt. You will come with me.
Wilf: Will I heck.
(He fires a splodge of yellow paint right onto the eyestalk. After a moment, it is boiled off.)
Dalek: My vision is not impaired.
Silvia: I warned you, Dad.
Dalek: Hostility will not be tolerated. Exterminate. Exterminate. Exter
(The Dalek's head explodes. Rose is standing behind it holding a honking big gun.)
Wilf: Do you want to swap?
Rose: You're Donna Noble's family, right? I'm Rose Tyler, and I need you.

Donna: Like a ghost town.
The Doctor: Sarah Jane said they were taking the people. What for? Think, Donna. When you met Rose in that parallel world, what did she say?
Donna: Just, the darkness is coming.
The Doctor: Anything else?
Donna: Why don't you ask her yourself?
(Rose is walking down the street towards them. The Doctor runs to her.)
Dalek: Exterminate.
(The Dalek's ray grazes the Doctor, but still lights him up and knocks him down. Jack appears and blasts the Dalek. Rose gets to the Doctor first.)
Rose: I've got you. It missed you. Look, it's me, Doctor.
The Doctor: Rose.
Rose: Hi.
The Doctor: Long time no see.
Rose: Yeah. Been busy, you know. Don't die. Oh, my God. Don't die. Oh my god, don't die.

Jack: Here we go. Good luck, Doctor.
Donna: Will someone please tell me what is going on?.
Rose: When he's dying, his er, his body, it repairs itself. It changes. But you can't!
The Doctor: I'm sorry, it's too late. I'm regenerating.

Golly, Gee! it's wrong to be so guilty
Old 16th September 2019, 10:10 AM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Default Image of the Day # 163

The cover of the BBC Past Doctor Adventures novel, Salvation, written by Steve Lyons and published in January 1999. Featuring the first Doctor, Steven Taylor and Dodo Chaplet.

Old 16th September 2019, 04:30 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

New magazine out this Thursday.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg EEmSzwrXYAAEFM2.jpg (104.0 KB, 45 views)
Demoncrat and nosferatu42 like this.
Old 17th September 2019, 06:04 AM
Cult Master

Journey's End
(The Doctor checks on his glowing spare hand.)
The Doctor: There now. (He blows on the jar and the glowing stops.) You see? Used the regeneration energy to heal myself, but soon as I was done, I didn't need to change. I didn't want to. Why would I? Look at me. So, to stop the energy going all the way, I siphoned off the rest into a handy bio-matching receptacle, namely my hand. My hand there. My handy spare hand. Remember? Christmas Day, Sycorax. Lost my hand in a sword fight? That's my hand. What do you think?
Rose: You're still you?
The Doctor: I'm still me.
(The Doctor and Rose hug. Donna turns to Jack.)
Donna: You can hug me, if you want. No, really. You can hug me

Davros: The man who abhors violence, never carrying a gun. But this is the truth, Doctor. You take ordinary people and you fashion them into weapons. Behold your Children of Time, Transformed into murderers. I made the Daleks, Doctor. You made this.
The Doctor: They're trying to help.
Davros: Already I have seen them sacrifice today, for their beloved Doctor. The Earth woman who fell opening the Subwave Network.
The Doctor: Who was that?
Rose: Harriet Jones. She gave her life to get you here.
Davros: How many more? Just think. How many have died in your name? The Doctor. The man who keeps running, never looking back because he dare not, out of shame. This is my final victory, Doctor. I have shown you yourself.

The Doctor: Now then, you lot. Sarah, hold that down. Mickey, you hold that. Because you know why this Tardis always is always rattling about the place? Rose? That, there. It's designed to have six pilots, and I have to do it single handed. Martha, keep that level. But not any more. Jack, there you go. Steady that. Now we can fly this thing. No, Jackie. No, no. Not you. Don't touch anything. Just stand back. Like it's meant to be flown. We've got the Torchwood Rift looped around the Tardis by Mister Smith, and we're going to fly Planet Earth back home. Right then. Off we go.

Donna: I thought we could try the planet Felspoon. Just because. What a good name, Felspoon. Apparently, it's got mountains that sway in the breeze. Mountains that move. Can you imagine?
The Doctor: And how do you know that?
Donna: Because it's in your head. And if it's in your head, it's in mine.
The Doctor: And how does that feel?
Donna: Brilliant! Fantastic! Molto bene! Great big universe, packed into my brain. You know you could fix that chameleon circuit if you just tried hotbinding the fragment links and superseding the binary, binary, binary, binary, binary, binary, binary, binary, binary, binary, binary, binary, binary, binary. (gasp) I'm fine. Nah, never mind Felspoon. You know who I'd like to meet? Charlie Chaplin. I bet he's great, Charlie Chaplin. Shall we do that? Shall we go and see Charlie Chaplin? Shall we? Charlie Chaplin? Charlie Chester. Charlie Brown. No, he's fiction. Friction, fiction, fixing, mixing, Rickston, Brixton. (This time it hurts.) Oh, my God.
The Doctor: Do you know what's happening?
Donna: Yeah.
The Doctor: There's never been a human Time Lord metacrisis before now. And you know why.
Donna: Because there can't be. I want to stay.
The Doctor: Look at me. Donna, look at me.
Donna: I was going to be with you forever.
The Doctor: I know.
Donna: The rest of my life, travelling in the Tardis. The Doctor Donna. No. Oh my god. I can't go back. Don't make me go back. Doctor, please, please don't make me go back.
The Doctor: Donna. Oh, Donna Noble. I am so sorry. But we had the best of times.
Donna: No.
The Doctor: The best. Goodbye.
Donna: No, no, no. Please. Please. No. No. (The Doctor mind melds with Donna and takes her memories away.) No!
(Donna passes out.)

The Doctor: She took my mind into her own head. But that's a Time Lord consciousness. All that knowledge, it was killing her.
Wilf: But she'll get better now?
The Doctor: I had to wipe her mind completely. Every trace of me, or the Tardis, anything we did together, anywhere we went, had to go.
Wilf: All those wonderful things she did.
The Doctor: I know. But that version of Donna is dead. Because if she remembers, just for a second, she'll burn up. You can never tell her. You can't mention me or any of it for the rest of her life.
Sylvia: But the whole world's talking about it. We travelled across space.
The Doctor: It'll just be a story. One of those Donna Noble stories, where she missed it all again.
Wilf: But she was better with you.
Sylvia: Don't say that.
Wilf: No, she was.
The Doctor: I just want you to know there are worlds out there, safe in the sky because of her. That there are people living in the light, and singing songs of Donna Noble, a thousand million light years away. They will never forget her, while she can never remember. And for one moment, one shining moment, she was the most important woman in the whole wide universe.
Sylvia: She still is. She's my daughter.
The Doctor: Then maybe you should tell her that once in a while.

Old 17th September 2019, 10:36 AM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Default Image of the Day # 164

The Doctor (Jon Pertwee) surrounded by old enemies in the 1974 story Death to the Daleks.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg p00vd71y.jpg (92.9 KB, 41 views)
Old 18th September 2019, 06:02 AM
Cult Master

The Next Doctor
The Doctor: Hold on, hold on. Who are you?
Lake: I'm the Doctor. Simply, the Doctor. The one, the only and the best. Rosita, give me the sonic screwdriver.
The Doctor: The what?
Lake: Now quickly, get back to the Tardis.
The Doctor: Back to the what?
Lake: If you could stand back, sir. This is a job for a Time Lord.
The Doctor: Job for a what lord?

Rosita: Well, I'm glad you think it's so funny. You're mad. Both of you. You could've got killed.
Lake: But evidently we did not. Oh, I should introduce Rosita. My faithful companion. Always telling me off.
The Doctor: Well, they do, don't they?

Lake: There she is. My transport through time and space. The Tardis.
(An elaborately patterned, but mostly blue, Montgolfier.)
The Doctor: You've got a balloon.
Lake: Tardis. T A R D I S. It stands for Tethered Aerial Release Developed In Style. Do you see?
The Doctor: Well, I do now. I like it. Good Tardis. Brilliant. Nice one

Hartigan: Oh, that is magnificent. That is royalty, indeed. And that's quite a throne. Oh, you will look resplendent.
Cyberleader: The chair you designate as throne is not intended for me. My function is to serve the CyberKing, not to become the CyberKing.
Hartigan: Then who sits there? (The CyberLeader looks at her.) No! Now, just. I think if you remember correctly you said I was to be heralded.
Cyberleader: All hail the CyberKing.
All: All hail the CyberKing.
Hartigan: But you promised me. You said I would never be converted.
Cyberleader: That was designated a lie.

Old 18th September 2019, 10:24 AM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Default Image of the Day # 165

The Slitheen as seen in the two part 2005 story Aliens of London / World War Three.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg p00r0vtl.jpg (92.1 KB, 31 views)
MrBarlow likes this.
Old 19th September 2019, 05:52 AM
Cult Master

Planet Of The Dead
The Doctor: Hello, Malcolm.
Taylor: The Doctor. Cor blimey. I can't believe I'm actually speaking to you. I mean, I've read all the files.
The Doctor: Really? What was your favourite, the giant robot?

The Doctor: Malcolm, something's not making sense here. I've got a storm and a wormhole, and I can't help thinking there's a connection. I need a complete full range analysis Of that wormhole. The whole thing.
Taylor: Well, I've probably got the wrong idea, but I've wired up an integrator. I thought it could measure the energy signature.
The Doctor: No. No, no, no, no, no. That'll never work. Listen.
Taylor [OC]: It's quite extraordinary, though. I'm measuring an oscillation of fifteen Malcolms per second.
The Doctor: Fifteen what?
Taylor: Fifteen Malcolms. It's my own little term. A wavelength parcel of ten kilohertz operating in four dimensions equals one Malcolm.
The Doctor: You named a unit of measurement after yourself?
Taylor: Well, it didn't do Mister Watt any harm. Furthermore, one hundred Malcolms equals a Bernard.
The Doctor [OC]: And who's that? Your dad?
Taylor: Don't be ridiculous. That's Quatermass.

Christina; That Lordship of yours. The Lord of where, exactly?
The Doctor; Of Time. I come from a race of people called Time Lords.
Christina: You're an alien?
The Doctor: Yeah. But you don't have to kiss me either.
Christina: You look human.
The Doctor: You look Time Lord

The Doctor: Oh, it's not compatible. Bus, spaceship, spaceship, bus. I need to weld the two systems together.
Christina: And how do you do that?
The Doctor: I need something non-corrosive. Something malleable. Something ductile. Something gold.
Christina: Oh no you don't.
The Doctor: Christina, what is it worth now?
Barclay: Hey, hey, use this.
(His wristwatch.)
The Doctor: I said gold.
Barclay: It is gold.
The Doctor: Oh, they saw you coming
MrBarlow likes this.

Like this? Share it using the links below!