Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Film Discussions > Sci-Fi & Fantasy
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Poll: Who's your favourite Doctor?
Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.
Poll Options
Who's your favourite Doctor?

Like Tree28650Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 21st January 2020, 10:52 AM
Cult Addict

Don't remember mentioning Picard in my original post.

bd1c15b0c6eb5909ffff77e10b2999a2.jpg

But yep, same principles apply, my favourite is always going to be the original Star Trek, but i'm quite happy for people to watch and enjoy the new incarnations.
trebor8273 likes this.

MIKE: I've got it! Peter Cushing! We've got to drive a stake through his heart!
VYVYAN: Great! I'll get the car!
NEIL: I'll get a cushion.
Old 21st January 2020, 11:37 AM
Cult King
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by nosferatu42 View Post

Attachment 222122

But yep, same principles apply, my favourite is always going to be the original Star Trek, but i'm quite happy for people to watch and enjoy the new incarnations.
My fave is Deep Space Nine. The fact that it has interesting and at times exciting plot arcs really helps. Also some of the very best characters in the whole Star Trek universe in Odo, Quark and Dax.

I bought the complete Voyager before Christmas so i'll see what i think of that.

Picard could be the best of the lot...if i ever get to see it.
will graham and nosferatu42 like this.
Old 21st January 2020, 11:37 AM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by nosferatu42 View Post

Attachment 222122

missed the middle part out which now edit post, saying that star wars, star trek and who fans are all the same , hate change .
Old 21st January 2020, 11:42 AM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by trebor8273 View Post
missed the middle part out which now edit post, saying that star wars, star trek and who fans are all the same , hate change .
Change for changes sake and or political correctness such as the BBC filling it's quotas is a load of bollocks. I don't care what anyone says.

Does anyone seriously think the current cast were the best people for the job? They can barely act aside from Walsh.
Rob4 likes this.
Old 21st January 2020, 11:47 AM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs View Post
My fave is Deep Space Nine. The fact that it has interesting and at times exciting plot arcs really helps. Also some of the very best characters in the whole Star Trek universe in Odo, Quark and Dax.

I bought the complete Voyager before Christmas so i'll see what i think of that.

mine as well. mind when it came out a lot of "fans" didnt like as it was too "dark" for star trek, granted most have now seen the light and a lot of people think its the best.

have you seen what we left bedhind the documntery abou it? very good and the idea that had for a season 8 looked brilliant, shame with passing of Aron Eisenberg and rene auberjonois it will not get made, the chances were small but there was a chance
Demdike@Cult Labs likes this.
Old 21st January 2020, 11:52 AM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by trebor8273 View Post
mine as well. mind when it came out a lot of "fans" didnt like as it was too "dark" for star trek, granted most have now seen the light and a lot of people think its the best.

have you seen what we left bedhind the documntery abou it? very good and the idea that had for a season 8 looked brilliant, shame with passing of Aron Eisenberg and Aron Eisenberg it will not get made, the chances were small but there was a chance
I haven't seen that doc. Sounds interesting.

I think the best bet we can have is that characters from DS9 might turn up in Picard seeing as it followed on from STTNG.
Old 21st January 2020, 01:38 PM
Seasoned Cultist

Seems like I was so giggly that I messed up the quote, of course it is nosferatu42's signature, sorry about that! Blame Vyvyan
Old 21st January 2020, 03:21 PM
Cult Acolyte

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs View Post

yes, good series with many good supporting and guest actors. the fact that every time she appeared you wanted to punch Louise Fletcher's face in shows you what a great actor she was, and the episode with Tony Todd was a masterpiece.
Old 21st January 2020, 03:48 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob4 View Post
yes, good series with many good supporting and guest actors. the fact that every time she appeared you wanted to punch Louise Fletcher's face in shows you what a great actor she was, and the episode with Tony Todd was a masterpiece.
She was easily the most evil and unlikable character in all of star trek as you say thanks to her great performance
Rob4 likes this.
Old 21st January 2020, 09:24 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Just seen the pics of the new range of action figures.

The Recon Dalek is excellent.

https://twitter.com/doctorwhosite/st...950913/photo/1
trebor8273 and nosferatu42 like this.

Like this? Share it using the links below!