Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   Sci-Fi & Fantasy (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=542)
-   -   The Doctor Who Thread (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/sci-fi-fantasy/2137-doctor-who-thread.html)

trebor8273 14th February 2020 05:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hivemind (Post 620611)
Just thank the BBC and Chibnall for this. I'll never forgive them for selling out Dr Who.

I took the decision to cancel my Licence Fee with Capita back in Jan. Sod them. That's hundred + quid their not getting from me.

With the BBC quality of programs of late , money they get from other sources and the cheek of britbox , which because of the licence they should not be charging for, most of there stuff should stream for free on iplayer.

It really needs to be scraped this day and age

hivemind 14th February 2020 05:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by trebor8273 (Post 620618)
With the BBC quality of programs of late , money they get from other sources and the cheek of britbox , which because of the licence they should not be charging for, most of there stuff should stream for free on iplayer.

It really needs to be scraped this day and age

How many times trebor have the Government said they would consider privatizing the BBC over the many decades? Did they do it Nope.

I'm not Tory or Labour, but the Government's have no intentions of doing it. Why? Because the BBC is being paid for by us mugs. A corporation that's actually paid for by UK citizens. How many corporations can you think of that actually gets multi-millions to fund it?

No wonder previous Government's like to carry on the Licence Fee. I would too. The BBC comercial arm, BBC Worldwide was privatized well over a decade ago, but still functions as an arm of the BBC. It's beyond a joke.

Susan Foreman 15th February 2020 06:03 AM

Popular music in 'Doctor Who' #45

Episode: 'The Runaway Bride'
Artist: Murray Gold and Neil Hannon
Title: Love Don't Roam
Notes:
* Heard playing at the wedding reception of Donna Noble and Lance Bennett... if they had actually gotten married!
* After 'Song For Ten', this was the second original tune commissioned for Nu-Who, and the first to appear diegetically (i.e it was heard by the characters instead of being background incidental music)
* The song is not named during the episode and was only given a title during the 2006 Doctor Who Children in Need Concert, which is also known as the 'Music and Monsters' concert
* It is available on the 2006 'series 1 and 2 soundtrack' album

Demdike@Cult Labs 15th February 2020 11:29 AM

Image of the Day # 314

1 Attachment(s)
Zoe (Wendy Padbury) in The Krotons (1969)

Susan Foreman 16th February 2020 05:01 AM

Popular music in 'Doctor Who' #46

Episode: 'Smith And Jones'
Artist: Arrested Development
Title: Sunshine
Notes:
* Played as an introduction to Martha and her family
* This was the first time a hip-hop song had been used as incidental music in the programme
* It can be found on the 2006 album 'Since The First Time'
* Although the album was released in the UK during September 2006, it wasn't released in the US until Halloween 2007, meaning the American premiere of the episode was also the US debut of the song.

Demdike@Cult Labs 16th February 2020 01:46 PM

Image of the Day # 315

1 Attachment(s)
The BBC's movie style promo artwork for Nightmare in Silver (2013)

trebor8273 16th February 2020 01:53 PM

[Delted

Demdike@Cult Labs 16th February 2020 07:03 PM

I've been very critical of the last two series of Doctor Who but i thought The Haunting of Villa Diodati was superb.

gag 17th February 2020 12:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs (Post 620719)
I've been very critical of the last two series of Doctor Who but i thought The Haunting of Villa Diodati was superb.

Absolutely, huge vast improvement by all means, only downfall I have is her acting in it as the dr still a little bit to be desired, otherwise fine.

Susan Foreman 17th February 2020 05:04 AM

Popular music in 'Doctor Who' #47

Episode: 'Daleks In Manhattan'
Artist: Murray Gold and Miranda Raison
Title: My Angel Put The Devil In Me
Notes:
* Performed in character by Miranda Raison as Tallulah as part of her stage act in New York City
* Composed by Murray Gold, this was the third original song commissioned for Nu-Who, and the first one that wasn't connected with a Christmas special
* This was the first time an original song was actually shown being performed on screen in the show
* The song can also be heard in the episode 'The End of Time, Part Two', where it played at an extraterrestrial bar in which Captain Jack was found drinking by the dying Tenth Doctor
* An extended version of the song, performed by Yamit Mamo, was included on the 'Doctor Who: Series 3' album

As seen in the show

The extended version