Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Film Discussions > Sci-Fi & Fantasy

Poll: Who's your favourite Doctor?
Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.
Poll Options
Who's your favourite Doctor?

Like Tree28504Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 3rd March 2020, 05:57 AM
Cult Master

Popular music in 'Doctor Who' #62

Episode: 'The Impossible Astronaut'
Artist: Adele
Title: Rolling In The Deep
Notes:
* The song is played in a diner after The Doctor, Amy, Rory, and River Song meet in the desert and The Doctor and River compare diaries
* In 2018, new series composer Segun Akinola cited Adele among a list of inspirations for his Doctor Who score, explaining that pop music was
just as inspirational as the ideas he gained from the Radiophonic Workshop
* The song is the opening track of the 2011 release '21'

Golly, Gee! it's wrong to be so guilty
Old 3rd March 2020, 10:52 AM
Cult King
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Senior Moderator

Default Image of the Day # 330

Patrick Troughton is the SECOND Doctor (1966-69)

Attached Images
File Type: jpg p010cn0f (Large).jpg (55.5 KB, 36 views)
Old 3rd March 2020, 11:09 AM
Cult King
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Senior Moderator

(Unconfirmed) Reports in the press are saying Bradley Walsh and Tosin Cole are leaving following Revolution of the Daleks.
Old 3rd March 2020, 11:52 AM
Active Cultist

Dude I remember El Dorado it was bad but not that bad!

Funny thing is I liked this new master when he was first introduced but couldn't stand him in this last episode.

Nope didn't like the doctor's origins, I think they will axe that idea as the reaction seems very mixed among newer fans, let alone older ones.

To be honest i don't think I will bother with the next series, might if they bring in a "peri" companion but nah for most of the last episode i had had enough, it's not good writing.

I mean looking back at other tv shows and both Deep Space 9 and V were blatantly based on World War 2 and had the agenda of "don't become a fascist prick" but ds9 was very well written as was the first 2 parts of V (which did also very much point out that it was the nazis all over again).
Old 3rd March 2020, 01:08 PM
Seasoned Cultist

Location: Cornwall. The land of Cornish pasties, pixes and Straw Dogs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs View Post
(Unconfirmed) Reports in the press are saying Bradley Walsh and Tosin Cole are leaving following Revolution of the Daleks.
A sigh of relief. Walsh was about the only character in Parody Who that actually resembled a decent Parody Who companion.

I wonder if Revolution of the Daleks will include a female Dalek?

Could be a possibility. You never know. We've already had an emasculated Dalek in Resolution.
Old 3rd March 2020, 01:21 PM
Seasoned Cultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by will graham View Post
Dude I remember El Dorado it was bad but not that bad!

Funny thing is I liked this new master when he was first introduced but couldn't stand him in this last episode.

Nope didn't like the doctor's origins, I think they will axe that idea as the reaction seems very mixed among newer fans, let alone older ones.

To be honest i don't think I will bother with the next series, might if they bring in a "peri" companion but nah for most of the last episode i had had enough, it's not good writing.

I mean looking back at other tv shows and both Deep Space 9 and V were blatantly based on World War 2 and had the agenda of "don't become a fascist prick" but ds9 was very well written as was the first 2 parts of V (which did also very much point out that it was the nazis all over again).
I don't think Will the BBC will be axing the Doctor's new origins. This is now set, and no way will the BBC re-set the timeline. This is it. Doctor Who was a female, not a masculine white old man travelling with his grand-daughter in the TARDIS. Once you do this, you cannot undo it. Doctor Who has a unique Time Line, and it's rewriting the Who legacy for the sake of pushing a social change message(s). The BBC hired Chibnall to carry out the destruction of Doctor Who, and he's achieved this with extreme prejudice. Paid to destroy a great TV show, and also rip apart New Who and Classic Who. The jobs done. If BIG FINISH decide to have the 13th Doctor mixed in with the other Doctor's, I and many others will no longer support BIG FINISH. It's a total and utter disgrace. The anger amongst fans of Classic Who and New Who, excluding Chibnall's era is clearly visable.
iank likes this.
Old 3rd March 2020, 04:15 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by hivemind View Post
I don't think Will the BBC will be axing the Doctor's new origins. This is now set, and no way will the BBC re-set the timeline. This is it. Doctor Who was a female, not a masculine white old man travelling with his grand-daughter in the TARDIS. Once you do this, you cannot undo it. Doctor Who has a unique Time Line, and it's rewriting the Who legacy for the sake of pushing a social change message(s). The BBC hired Chibnall to carry out the destruction of Doctor Who, and he's achieved this with extreme prejudice. Paid to destroy a great TV show, and also rip apart New Who and Classic Who. The jobs done. If BIG FINISH decide to have the 13th Doctor mixed in with the other Doctor's, I and many others will no longer support BIG FINISH. It's a total and utter disgrace. The anger amongst fans of Classic Who and New Who, excluding Chibnall's era is clearly visable.
Just a curious Q?
Is anyone aware of anyone writing to the BBC and complaining about their disgust at doctor who ? And if they did do you think it'll make any difference ?
Just for the record haven't watched last 2 episodes I've gave up and lost interest, to the point when I was watching it that's all I was doing just watching for sake of it and not even really taking much notice of the story anymore .

Last edited by gag; 3rd March 2020 at 04:45 PM.
Old 3rd March 2020, 04:50 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by hivemind View Post
MANIAC??

Tell me something Demoncrat, what do you see in Parody Who that makes you like it so much? Explain to me please. I think you've probably been to The Outer Limits Demoncrat. From where no traveller truly returns after watching that car crash of Woke Who.
Hmmm, was referring to the Master there. I wrote worst episode ever didn't I? What makes YOU think I liked that shite sir????

Try going to Specsavers dear boy .......
nosferatu42 likes this.

[B]
"... the days ahead will be filled with struggle ... and coated in marzipan ... "[/B]
Old 3rd March 2020, 07:54 PM
Seasoned Cultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by gag View Post
Just a curious Q?
Is anyone aware of anyone writing to the BBC and complaining about their disgust at doctor who ? And if they did do you think it'll make any difference ?
Just for the record haven't watched last 2 episodes I've gave up and lost interest, to the point when I was watching it that's all I was doing just watching for sake of it and not even really taking much notice of the story anymore .
Even when you were watching it "just for the sake of it", couldn't you of watched something better? How about Dancing On Ice for Christ's sake. At least you could've given that a much needed ratings boost, instead of Parody Who.
iank likes this.
Old 3rd March 2020, 07:57 PM
Seasoned Cultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demoncrat View Post
Hmmm, was referring to the Master there. I wrote worst episode ever didn't I? What makes YOU think I liked that shite sir????

Try going to Specsavers dear boy .......
I was joking Demoncrat. Well if you did write that episode last Sunday, I would've given you a Welsh BAFTA for trying dear boy. Or maybe a fine Welsh leek. Which would you prefer?

Like this? Share it using the links below!