Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Film Discussions > Sci-Fi & Fantasy

Poll: Who's your favourite Doctor?
Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.
Poll Options
Who's your favourite Doctor?

Like Tree28504Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11th November 2020, 05:27 AM
Cult Master

Who: Before And After #218
Name: Andre Maranne
Year(s): 1967
Stories: The Moonbase episode 1 - The Moonbase episode 4
Character(s): Roger Beniot
NOTE: Originally Benoit's first name was Jules, but there was another character with the same name so it was changed to Roger. However, in the Target novelisation, it reverts back to Jules

Before Who:
Films - Port Afrique (1956), As Wicked as They Come (1956), Night Crossing (1957), The Square Peg* (1958), Carve Her Name with Pride (1958), Behemoth the Sea Monster (1959), Two Wives at One Wedding (1960), The Middle Course (1961), Loss of Innocence (1961), H.M.S. Defiant (1962), Waltz of the Toreadors (1962), Maniac (1963), Come Fly With Me (1963), Night Train to Paris (1964), A Shot in the Dark* (1964), Thunderball (1965), Doctor in Clover (1965)

Television - Bobby in France [12 episodes as Monsieur Leblanc] / Emergency-Ward 10 [3 episodes as Marcel Jacquin] / Interpol Calling: The Long Weekend / Interpol Calling: A Foreign Body / The Somerset Maugham Hour: The Three Fat Women of Antibes / Comedy Playhouse: The Bachelor Girls / The Saint: The Bunco Artists* / The Saint: The Benevolent Burglary* / Bonjour Francoise: Qu'est-ce que je vous sers?

After Who:
Films - The Terrornauts (1967), Girl on A Motorcycle (1968), The Battle of Britain* (1969), Darling Lili (1969), And Soon the Darkness (1970), Gold (1974), Percy's Progress (1974), The Return of the Pink Panther (1975), Our Miss Fred (1975), The Pink Panther Strikes Again* (1976), The Revenge of the Pink Panther (1978), Suez 1956 (1979), Amin--The Rise and Fall (1981), The Trail of the Pink Panther (1982), The Curse of the Pink Panther (1983), Plenty (1985), Morons From Outer Space (1985)

Television - Comedy Playhouse: The Old Campaigner / La Chasse au Trésor [6 episodes as Lucciani (French language series shown in British schools as a language aid)] / Roads to Freedom: The Defeated / Hine: The Big Package / Jason King: Wanna buy a television series? / Lord Peter Wimsey: Clouds of Witness / Fawlty Towers: Gourmet Night* / Wings: Another Country / Horizon: The Eddystone Lights / All Creatures Great and Small: Faint Hearts / Star Quality: Me and the Girls / A Very Peculiar Practice: Art and Illusion / A Tale of Two Cities / The Bretts [2 episodes as Andre] / The Gravy Train [3 episodes as Maitre D'] / Bergerac

Golly, Gee! it's wrong to be so guilty
Old 11th November 2020, 07:04 PM
Cult King
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Senior Moderator

Default Image of the Day # 580

The on screen Doctor Who logo for the Patrick Troughton era 1967-1969

The Macra Terror - The War Games (Seasons 4 to 6)

Attached Images
File Type: jpg 17e32b77cc36f6d0f88525ad4bc29356.jpg (38.1 KB, 24 views)
Old 11th November 2020, 07:53 PM
Cult Master

Well, this will please some!

Series 13 Losing 3 Episodes Due to COVID-19 / Doctor Who TV

"Series 13 of Doctor Who will have just 8 episodes due to Coronavirus filming restrictions.

Showrunner Chris Chibnall told the Mirror he was “thrilled” to be able to make the show at all: “In this strangest of years, the Doctor Who production team have worked wonders to get the show back into production.

“Given the complexity of making Doctor Who, and with new and rigorous Covid working protocols, it’s going to take us a little longer to film each episode, meaning we expect to end up with eight episodes, rather than the usual eleven.

“But rest assured, the ambition, humour, fun and scares you expect from Doctor Who will all still be firmly in place. For everyone around the world, this is a challenging period — but the Doctor never shirks from a challenge.”

Executive producer Matt Strevens said he was delighted to be back at work. “We are so thrilled to have unlocked the TARDIS, dusted down the sonic and be able to start filming again for the next series of Doctor Who. The amazing production team, crew and cast have worked wonders to get us shooting again in these challenging times. It’s going to be as fun filled and action packed as ever – with plenty of surprises.”

The report adds:
The 13 series has started its 10-month shoot and is expected to air late next year.
And:
It is not yet clear if the eighth episode of series 13 will be held back as a special.
This reduction of episodes means fans will see the lowest amount of Doctor Who in a run since the show returned in 2005. During the RTD and early Moffat era the show aired 14 episodes a year. The latter Moffat era saw a slight reduction to 12 episodes. The Chibnall era then lowered this to 11, on top of lengthier gaps between each series."

Golly, Gee! it's wrong to be so guilty
Old 11th November 2020, 07:58 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Eight episodes of politically correct lecturing and rewriting the show's history is still eight episodes too many.

Especially if the rumour is true that they are going to change the TARDIS, as the police box offends absolutely nobody, in this era of BLM.
trebor8273 and iank like this.
Old 11th November 2020, 08:31 PM
Cult Acolyte

lol How tragic. Can we get it down to none, please?
They're just not trying hard enough. I love that it's because of COVID, too, not the s**t ratings cause no one's watching it or anything.
Old 11th November 2020, 08:34 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by iank View Post
lol How tragic. Can we get it down to none, please?
They're just not trying hard enough. I love that it's because of COVID, too, not the s**t ratings cause no one's watching it or anything.
Exactly. You can guarantee the series after (if there is one) won't go back to 10 + 1 episodes.
trebor8273 and iank like this.
Old 11th November 2020, 10:52 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs View Post
Eight episodes of politically correct lecturing and rewriting the show's history is still eight episodes too many.

Especially if the rumour is true that they are going to change the TARDIS, as the police box offends absolutely nobody, in this era of BLM.

Then it's NOT DW, and I can finally stop watching (this breaks my heart really, but there you go)

[B]
"... the days ahead will be filled with struggle ... and coated in marzipan ... "[/B]
Old 11th November 2020, 11:13 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Well they can stuck it up there arse , I'll not be watching as others have said it's not doctor who, it's just an excuse for the BBC to beat us around the head with its diversity and Pc agenda. Let's hope this is the last season , it's just a insult to what came before.

If I ever saw Chris Chibnall on the street I would probably be in prison for a long time!
Demoncrat and iank like this.
Old 12th November 2020, 12:02 AM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

It was something called WE GOT THIS COVERED which suggested about the change of TARDIS.

I don't know them or their reliability so i just took it with a pinch of salt but with the BBC you never know.

To be honest, i can't believe Chibnall, an active fan back in the day, would agree to a change in TARDIS just for PC'ness. He'd be the most hated person the series ever had anything to do with, surely. I mean, Michael Grade probably got off lightly in comparison to the backlash this would bring.

Surely someone at management level noticed the viewing figures drop to record lows. It wasn't the stories as such for me but the preaching added to the stories oh and the retconning too. The stories last time were far better than Chibnall's first series, at least for me. It was just that the bullshit became even louder.
nosferatu42 likes this.
Old 12th November 2020, 01:47 AM
Seasoned Cultist

Location: Cornwall. The land of Cornish pasties, pixes and Straw Dogs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs View Post
Surely someone at management level noticed the viewing figures drop to record lows

No. The BBC has a fully committed agenda to carry out. The new DG and ex-CEO of BBC Studios, Tim Divey, has pushed away any notion that this will cease anytime soon. In a matter of fact, he's quite happy to see all Middle Aged white people gone from the BBC, and also carry on the onslaught that a state run broadcaster is there for, to brainwash (educate) it's audience in the finer points of diversity and greater inclusion.

That means subjecting what's left of BBC audiences to more of the same, especially the younger generation who these messages relate too, and not those in their 40,50 and over who remember TV from yesteryear. None of us really matter now, but the basic principle is to transform the younger generation to the new way of viewing the world, and take on the messages given to them via old Auntie beeb. God Bless her.

Christ! Even my daughter at school get's mixed messages about how important it is to be diverse, and how she should relate to other people. But then I suppose we should expect it with the BBC. After all, it is the propaganda arm of the state, as Orwell described it so well in the dystopic book 1984 as the 'Ministry of Truth'.

Like this? Share it using the links below!