Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Film Discussions > Sci-Fi & Fantasy

Poll: Who's your favourite Doctor?
Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.
Poll Options
Who's your favourite Doctor?

Like Tree28509Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 1st January 2021, 06:34 AM
Cult Master

In memory of Peter Craze (1946-2020)

Played Dako in the 1965 story The Space Museum...

...Du Pont in the 1969 story The War Games...

...and Costa in the 1979 story Nightmare Of Eden

Demoncrat and trebor8273 like this.

Golly, Gee! it's wrong to be so guilty
Old 1st January 2021, 07:32 AM
Cult Master

In memory of Philip Martin (1938-2020)

Wrote stories for the Doctor Who television series and the Big Finish audio Productions. Is best known for creating the character Sil and his race of capitalist, profit obsessed Mentors
  • Television stories: Vengeance on Varos / Mindwarp
  • Direct-to-DVD stories: Sil and the Devil Seeds of Arodor
  • Target Book novelizations: Vengeance on Varos / Mindwarp / Mission to Magnus
  • Telos Publishing books and comics: Sil and the Devil Seeds of Arodor
  • Find Your Fate Books: Invasion of the Ormazoids
  • Audio Stories: The Creed of the Kromon / Antidote to Oblivion
  • The Lost Stories: Mission to Magnus

Old 1st January 2021, 09:11 AM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

RIP

[B]
"... the days ahead will be filled with struggle ... and coated in marzipan ... "[/B]
Old 1st January 2021, 12:21 PM
Cult King
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Senior Moderator

Default Image of the Day # 630

The Daleks returned in 1964's The Dalek Invasion of Earth.

A Happy New Year to you all.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg p01nw72l.jpg (96.6 KB, 44 views)
Old 1st January 2021, 03:41 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

I was sorry to read that actor Mark Eden who played the role of Marco Polo in the 1964 story of the same name has died age 92.

Eden (right) with William Hartnell in Marco Polo.
Old 1st January 2021, 08:14 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Dalek stuff good.

'Fam' stuff shite, although better than most of the other 'fam' stuff we've seen. That's not saying much.

Barrowman fun as always.

Pleased about John Bishop being a new companion. Hopefully it will put a stop to all the Yaz / Doctor romance gossip.

As far as Dalek revolutions go it didn't last long - gold Dalek death squads just came along and exterminated all the 'new' Daleks.
Old 1st January 2021, 09:01 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Was it me or is my hearing going , I felt the background noise, effects, music etc etc was so loud and over bearing and volume of the voices was low that I struggled to hear what they was saying ? I ended up putting subtitles on lol.
Old 1st January 2021, 11:04 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by gag View Post
Was it me or is my hearing going , I felt the background noise, effects, music etc etc was so loud and over bearing and volume of the voices was low that I struggled to hear what they was saying ? I ended up putting subtitles on lol.
Not just you, gag. Most BBC dramas are like that nowadays.

I remember that alt WWII drama with Sam Riley a few years ago. SS-GB. Couldn't tell a word he said.

They always sound great on dvd though.
Old 2nd January 2021, 06:46 AM
Cult Master

Who: Before And After #270
Name: Colin Douglas
Year(s): 1967/1968 / 1977
Stories: The Enemy Of The World episode 1 - The Enemy Of The World episode 6 / The Horror Of Fang Rock part 1 - The Horror Of Fang Rock part 4
Character(s): Donald Bruce / Reuban
NOTE: Also provided the voice of the Rutan scout in The Horror Of Fang Rock

Before Who:
Films - Dick Barton, Special Agent (1948), The Ghost Ship* (1952), The Battle of the River Plate (1956), Miracle in Soho (1957), The Trollenberg Terror* (1958), Valiant (1961), Night Creatures (1962)

Television: Saturday Special [4 episodes as Chief Inspector Bourne] / BBC Sunday Night Theatre: The Skin Game / The Six Proud Walkers [Mr. Barrett] / BBC Plays: The Hole in the Wall / The Prince and the Pauper [3 episodes as John Canty] / The Gordon Honour [13 epidoes as Fitzwilliam] / Buccaneers: Ghost Ship / Buccaneers: Flip and Jenny / The Silver Sword: The Burning of the City / Huntingtower [6 episodes as Leon] / Treasure Island [5 episodes as Job Anderson] / Bonehead [16 episodes as Bonehead (1957-1962) / ITV Play of the Week: The Chigwell Chicken / The Black Arrow [6 episodes as Hugh] / The Dangerous Game [4 episodes as George Clayton] / Queen's Champion [8 episodes as Ralph] / The Rebel Heiress [6 episodes as Benet Killigrew] / Emergency-Ward 10 [7 episodes as Archie Briggson] / The Moonstone [3 episodes as Tom Yolland] / The Invisible Man: Flight into Darkness / Three Golden Nobles [6 episodes as Roger Bailiff] / The Splendid Spur [3 episodes as Captain Bill Pottery] / The Long Way Home: Cross-Country Run / Danger Man: View from the Villa* / Maigret: Liberty Bar / Gamble for a Throne [5 episodes as Colonel Rushwick] / The Rag Trade: Police Constable / Ghost Squad: Dead Men Don't Drive / Smuggler's Bay: On the Beach / Fire Crackers [5 episodes as George] / The Sullavan Brothers: Ward of Court / Dixon of Dock Green: Castles in the Air / Softly, Softly: Off Beat / Quick Before They Catch Us [13 episodes as Andrew Lane] / The World of Wodehouse: Blandings Castle: Pig Hoo-oo-ey / The Forsyte Saga: A Family Wedding / Kenilworth [2 episodes as Sir Hugh]

After Who:
Films - Don't Raise the Bridge, Lower the River (1968), Tis Pity She's a Whore (1980)
Television - The Railway Children: The Foreign Gentleman / The Forsythe Saga: A Family Wedding / The Newcomers [4 episodes as Frank Murray] / Boy Meets Girl: One, Two, Sky's Blue / The Wednesday Play: Close the Coalhouse Door / A Family at War [44 episodes as Edwin Ashton (1970-1972)] / Thirty Minute Theatre: The Seventh Juror / ITV Plays: Love Story: Forsaking All Others / Play for Today: The Headmaster / Play for Today: Eleanor / The Sweeney* [2 episodes as Commander] / ITV Plays: Greenhill Pals / Bill Brand: It Is the People Who Create / Angels: Health Visitor / Play of the Week: Night People / All Creatures Great and Small: Pups, Pigs And Pickles / Play for Today: Even Soloman / Telford's Change [4 episodes as Maddox] / The Omega Factor: The Undiscovered Country / God's Wonderful Railway: Fire on the Line / Funny Man [2 episodes as Jack Mallarby] / Nanny [11 episodes as Donald Gray (1981-1983)] / Play for Today: Intensive Care / The Pickwick Papers [7 episodes as Mr. Wardle] / G.B.H. [4 episodes as Frank Twist]

Old 2nd January 2021, 07:17 AM
Cult Master

'Revolution Of The Daleks' post closing credit sequence - new companion!

Like this? Share it using the links below!