Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Film Discussions > Sci-Fi & Fantasy

Poll: Who's your favourite Doctor?
Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.
Poll Options
Who's your favourite Doctor?

Like Tree28504Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 26th January 2021, 06:03 AM
Cult Master

Who: Before And After #294a
Name: Derrick Gilbert
Year(s): 1968
Stories: The Wheel In Space episode 2 - The Wheel In Space episode 6
Character(s): Armand Vallance

Before Who:
Films: None
Television: Haunted: I Like It Here / Public Eye: If This Is Lucky, I'd Rather Be Jonah

After Who:
Television: Counterstrike: The Mutant / Budgie: And in Again / Budgie: Dreaming of Thee / The Frighteners: Night of the Stag / Sutherland's Law: Pay-Off / Z Cars: Guilt / A Traveller in Time / The Devil's Crown [2 episodes as William Marshal] / The Onedin Line: Running Free / In Suspicious Circumstances: The Jewel and the Magpie
Who: Before And After #294b
Name: Kevork Malikyan
Stories: The Wheel In Space episode 2 - The Wheel In Space episode 3
Character(s): Kemel Rudkin

Before Who:
Television: The Portrait of a Lady: Dissensions / Virgin of the Secret Service: The Great Ring of Akba

After Who:
Films: The Man Who Haunted Himself (1970), Midnight Express* (1978), Sphinx (1980), Trenchcoat (1983), Half Moon Street (1986), Pascali's Island (1988), Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade* (1989), Double Vision (1992), MacGyver: The Lost Treasure of Atlantis (1994), In the Beginning (2000), The Flight of the Phoenix (2004), Renaissance (2006), Saddam's Tribe: Bound by Blood (2007), Exodus: Gods and Kings (2014)

Television: The Saint: The People Importers / The Avengers: Homicide and Old Lace* / Jason King: Uneasy Lies the Head / In for a Penny [6 episodes as Ali] / Little Big Time [13 episodes, various roles] / Adam Smith / Barlow: Snatch / The Onedin Line: Rescue / The Sunday Drama: A Good Human Story / Mind Your Language* [29 episodes as Maximillian Papandrious (1977-1979)] / Who Pays the Ferryman?: The Daughters of Themis / The Professionals: Blind Run / The Professionals: Backtrack / Minder: Aces High - And Sometimes Very Low / Auf Wiedersehen, Pet: The Lovers / Duty Free: Hasta La Vista / The First Olympics - Athens 1896 / Cold Warrior: The Man from Damascus / Scarecrow and Mrs. King: The Times They Are a Changin' / Boon: A Fistful of Pesetas / House of Cards [4 episodes as Mr. Naresh] / Zorro: One for All / Poirot: One, Two, Buckle My Shoe / Van der Valk: The Ties That Bind / The Young Indiana Jones Chronicles: Istanbul, September 1918 / The Bill: Corroboration / Minder: The Immaculate Contraption / Birds of a Feather: Business Is Business / The Detectives: Art Attack / Spooks / Judge John Deed: Political Expediency / Casualty: Dire Straits / Egypt: The Temple of the Sands / 10 Days to War: $100 Coffee / Silent Witness: Terror / Shakespeare's Globe: Henry IV, Part 1 / Shakespeare's Globe: Henry IV, Part 2 / Strike Back [2 episodes as Al-Zuhari] / Reaksiyon [12 episodes as Oktem Cetine] / Silent Witness: Identity / The Last Emperor: Abdul Hamid II [50 episodes as Parvus (2017-2018)] / Kanaga [8 episodes as Enki Tamay] / Homeland: Deception Indicated

Golly, Gee! it's wrong to be so guilty
Old 26th January 2021, 10:51 AM
Cult King
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Senior Moderator

Default Image of the Day # 655

Fred Gambino's artwork for Marc Platt's controversial Virgin New Adventures novel Lungbarrow, released in 1997. It was the final novel in the series to feature the Sylvester McCoy's seventh Doctor and ends with the Doctor on his way to collect the remains of the Master from Skaro.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg 60lungbarrow fred gambino 97 (Large).jpg (68.4 KB, 32 views)
Old 26th January 2021, 11:46 AM
Cult Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs View Post
Fred Gambino's artwork for Marc Platt's controversial Virgin New Adventures novel Lungbarrow, released in 1997. It was the final novel in the series to feature the Sylvester McCoy's seventh Doctor and ends with the Doctor on his way to collect the remains of the Master from Skaro.

If you have a copy of it, you are sitting on a gold mine. There are four copies on e-bay with prices between £199.99 - £365.74

If you don't want to spend that much on a book, however, there is a free PDF download here

Old 26th January 2021, 01:46 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susan Foreman View Post
If you have a copy of it, you are sitting on a gold mine. There are four copies on e-bay with prices between £199.99 - £365.74

If you don't want to spend that much on a book, however, there is a free PDF download here
I've never read it myself. I collected all the Virgin New Adventures up to a point and then sold them all as a job lot to a local book seller. I'm pretty sure it was the first fifty up to that celebratory story with the really dodgy party style cover art. I got £1 a piece for them which at the time wasn't too bad...but now!

They were the logical choice because i just wasn't reading them enough. Partying, gigs, girls and music were where i was at.

That's one of my biggest collecting regrets...that and selling the majority of my vinyl.

I made sure i collected as many of the BBC books as i could get.
Old 27th January 2021, 06:45 AM
Cult Master

Who: Before And After #295a
Name: Peter Laird
Stories: The Wheel In Space episode 2 - The Wheel In Space episode 4
Character(s): Chang

Before Who:
Television: The Somerset Maugham Hour: Before the Party / Crane: The Man with the Big Feet / Emergency-Ward 10 / Vanity Fair: The Famous Little Becky Puppet / A Hundred Years of Humphrey Hastings: Part 5: 1932 - Vision and Sound / Z Cars: Too Quiet For Sunday

After Who:
Films: The Breaking of Bumbo (1970), The Man Who Cried (1993)
Television: Take Three Girls: Start Working / Sense and Sensibility [3 episodes as Rodgers] / Z Cars: Penny Wise / The Edwardians: Conan Doyle / Special Branch: Hostage / The Crezz: Voices from the Past / The Cedar Tree: In the Red / Play for Today: A Hole In Babylon / The Sandbaggers [5 episodes as Edward Tyler] / Sapphire & Steel [6 episodes as Greville] / Stay with Me Till Morning [3 episodes as Bruce Kelvedon] / Juliet Bravo: Halloween / Rough Justice: Who Killed Carl Bridgewater? / Doctors: Under Pressure / Without Motive: Judgement Day / Dream Team: About Last Night
Who: Before And After #295b
Name: James Mellor
Year(s): 1968 / 1972
Stories: The Wheel In Space episode 2 - The Wheel In Space episode 6 / The Mutants episode 1 - The Mutants episode 4
Character(s): Sean Flannigan / Varan

Before Who:
Films: The Informers (1965), Marat/Sade (1966), The Great Catherine (1968)
Television: Biggles [2 episodes as Martinez] / Eugene O'Neill: Three Plays of the Sea / The Somerset Maugham Hour: Gigolo and the Gigolette / Magnolia Street [5 episodes as George Derricks] / Z Cars: The Limping Rabbit / BBC Sunday-Night Play: The Madhouse on Castle Street / The Plane Makers: Who Goes First? / Love Story: The Wedding of Smith Seven-Nine / Sergeant Cork: The Case of the Two Drowned Men / Serjeant Musgrave's Dance / The Man in Room 17: Up Against a Brick Wall / Inheritance: Murder / Z Cars: A Right To Live

After Who:
Films: The File of the Golden Goose (1969), Anne of the Thousand Days (1969), The Oblong Box* (1969), Doomwatch* (1972), Moll Flanders (1975)

Television: The First Lady: The Whips Are Out / Dr. Finlay's Casebook: Blood and State / Fraud Squad: The Price of a Copper / The Misfit: On the New Establishment / The Six Wives of Henry VIII: Anne of Cleves / Armchair Theatre: The Detective Waiting / Jason King: A Thin Band of Air / Play for Today: Horace / The Edwardians: Conan Doyle / Whatever Happened to the Likely Lads?: Strangers on a Train* /The Regiment [4 episodes as Pvt. Carter] / A Ghost Story for Christmas: Lost Hearts / Whatever Happened to the Likely Lads?: One for the Road / The Fall of Eagles: Dearest Nicky / Thick as Thieves: Two Men in My Life / Churchill's People: The Fine Art of Bubble-Blowing / Play for Today: The Floater / The Main Chance: By the Book

Old 27th January 2021, 10:42 AM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Default Image of the Day # 656

Jamie (Frazer Hines) and Zoe (Wendy Padbury) discuss things over the monitor with the Doctor (Patrick Troughton) in The Seeds of Death (1969)

Attached Images
File Type: jpg sod3 (Large) (Medium).jpg (48.4 KB, 28 views)
Old 27th January 2021, 06:20 PM
Cult Master

'Ere's a bit of trivia for ya

The spacesuit worn by Glyn Williams (Earl Cameron) in 'The Tenth Planet'...

...and Zoe in 'The Wheel In Space'...

...was later worn by Bossk the bounty hunter in 'The Empire Strikes Back'

Old 27th January 2021, 07:01 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Quote:

Today's well dressed bounty hunter wears a recycled space suit from The Tenth Planet.
Old trivia, Susan.
Old 27th January 2021, 07:07 PM
Cult Master

Quote:
Old trivia, Susan.
You don't have a picture so it could be *any* bounty hunter and *any* space suit from 'The Tenth Planet'!

Old 27th January 2021, 08:02 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susan Foreman View Post
You don't have a picture so it could be *any* bounty hunter and *any* space suit from 'The Tenth Planet'!
Wouldn't be so bad but you 'liked' my original post.

Like this? Share it using the links below!