Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   Sci-Fi & Fantasy (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=542)
-   -   The Doctor Who Thread (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/sci-fi-fantasy/2137-doctor-who-thread.html)

The 4th Fella 25th June 2010 10:25 AM

I really like the new Doc, and I wasn't expecting to.

1. McCoy
2. Troughton
3. Smith
4. (Colin) Baker
-----
5. Pertwee
6. Hartnell
7. McGann
-----
8. (Tom) Baker
9. Davison
10. Tennant
11. Eccleston

EvilJames 7th July 2010 12:15 PM

I think the newest series has been great fun, but then again I haven't been too demanding and am much more forgiving than quite a few people here and on other boards*. Never quite connected with the RTD era ("It's Doctor Who, hanging out with chavs! Isn't it modern!"), whereas I loved Smith's portrayal and Moffat's weaving in of fairytale motifs, etc. Nope, I'm very pleased.

* Case in point Amy Pond - yes, she may be a bit too brittle sometimes, but she's a Scottish redhead! Hello?!

mr 420 28th October 2010 03:36 PM

Much to my surprise I have just found out that Tom Bakers brother runs a gift shop across the road from my house! Im going to have to investagte this further I think.....tbc!

Anakha6 20th December 2010 06:15 PM

Anyone here like Doctor Who?

If you do, you can watch Doctor Who online at Crossing the Whoniverse

J.R. 20th December 2010 09:10 PM

Or I can buy it on DVD and BD and roll around on the floor, enjoying a Who-gasm.

Inspector Tanzi 20th December 2010 09:14 PM

Can't stand Dr.Who myself, although I don't mind some of the Tom Baker and Jon Pertwee stuff.

Anakha6 20th December 2010 09:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by J.R. (Post 117813)
Or I can buy it on DVD and BD and roll around on the floor, enjoying a Who-gasm.

Crossing the Whoniverse has every single episode from 1963 - present, including reconstructions of the ones that don't exist any more, good luck buying all of that on DVD.

J.R. 21st December 2010 07:49 AM

But does what ever that site is have all the extras, which are sometimes better than the shows themselves? Or the legal right to distribute the shows on the internet?

I like my Discs, thanks, and thank you for wishing me good luck, I enjoy the chase, and don't mind the wait.

wayfarer 22nd December 2010 09:16 AM

Coincidentally, I just watched the box set of Trial of a Timelord. I bought it for the extras but ended up watching the 14 parter. I hadn't seen it since 1986 and remembered that it sucked - big time. Strangely, I enjoyed it this time around. Colin Baker would have been a superb Doctor had he been given more time to develop. He only had two seasons.
Yes, his performance was very theatrical for the telly but I think he'd have learnt to temper it more had he not been ousted from the role by pathetic BBC politics.

Andra Jai 22nd December 2010 01:40 PM

I have just uploaded 2 photo albums Doctor Who - A History in Pictures on my facebook page.

Some good photos if anyone fancies a trip down memory lane. Hit the link below it will take you straight to them.

Sam Tyler | Facebook