Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Film Discussions > Sci-Fi & Fantasy

Poll: Who's your favourite Doctor?
Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.
Poll Options
Who's your favourite Doctor?

Like Tree28504Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 25th June 2010, 10:25 AM
Cultist

I really like the new Doc, and I wasn't expecting to.

1. McCoy
2. Troughton
3. Smith
4. (Colin) Baker
-----
5. Pertwee
6. Hartnell
7. McGann
-----
8. (Tom) Baker
9. Davison
10. Tennant
11. Eccleston
Old 7th July 2010, 12:15 PM
Cult Rookie

I think the newest series has been great fun, but then again I haven't been too demanding and am much more forgiving than quite a few people here and on other boards*. Never quite connected with the RTD era ("It's Doctor Who, hanging out with chavs! Isn't it modern!"), whereas I loved Smith's portrayal and Moffat's weaving in of fairytale motifs, etc. Nope, I'm very pleased.

* Case in point Amy Pond - yes, she may be a bit too brittle sometimes, but she's a Scottish redhead! Hello?!
Old 28th October 2010, 03:36 PM
Cult Addict

Much to my surprise I have just found out that Tom Bakers brother runs a gift shop across the road from my house! Im going to have to investagte this further I think.....tbc!
Old 20th December 2010, 07:15 PM
Cult Rookie

Default Anyone here like Doctor Who?

If you do, you can watch Doctor Who online at Crossing the Whoniverse
Old 20th December 2010, 10:10 PM
Cultist

Or I can buy it on DVD and BD and roll around on the floor, enjoying a Who-gasm.
Old 20th December 2010, 10:14 PM
Ex-member
Good Trader

Can't stand Dr.Who myself, although I don't mind some of the Tom Baker and Jon Pertwee stuff.
Old 20th December 2010, 10:41 PM
Cult Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.R. View Post
Or I can buy it on DVD and BD and roll around on the floor, enjoying a Who-gasm.
Crossing the Whoniverse has every single episode from 1963 - present, including reconstructions of the ones that don't exist any more, good luck buying all of that on DVD.
Old 21st December 2010, 08:49 AM
Cultist

But does what ever that site is have all the extras, which are sometimes better than the shows themselves? Or the legal right to distribute the shows on the internet?

I like my Discs, thanks, and thank you for wishing me good luck, I enjoy the chase, and don't mind the wait.
Old 22nd December 2010, 10:16 AM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

Coincidentally, I just watched the box set of Trial of a Timelord. I bought it for the extras but ended up watching the 14 parter. I hadn't seen it since 1986 and remembered that it sucked - big time. Strangely, I enjoyed it this time around. Colin Baker would have been a superb Doctor had he been given more time to develop. He only had two seasons.
Yes, his performance was very theatrical for the telly but I think he'd have learnt to temper it more had he not been ousted from the role by pathetic BBC politics.
Demoncrat likes this.
Old 22nd December 2010, 02:40 PM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

I have just uploaded 2 photo albums Doctor Who - A History in Pictures on my facebook page.

Some good photos if anyone fancies a trip down memory lane. Hit the link below it will take you straight to them.

Sam Tyler | Facebook

Like this? Share it using the links below!