Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Film Discussions > Sci-Fi & Fantasy

Poll: Who's your favourite Doctor?
Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.
Poll Options
Who's your favourite Doctor?

Like Tree28504Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10th May 2022, 09:35 PM
Cult Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs View Post
Just a question. Who is Pip Madeley?
He's that guy who uses Twitter for Android!
trebor8273 likes this.

Golly, Gee! it's wrong to be so guilty
Old 10th May 2022, 09:37 PM
Cult King
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susan Foreman View Post
He's that guy who uses Twitter for Android!
As i suspected.
Susan Foreman likes this.
Old 10th May 2022, 09:46 PM
Cult Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by trebor8273 View Post
Agree but has anyone actually said the doctor is gay now
Do you mean the character or the actor?

I've always had a problem with the Doctor being attracted to her / his companions. (S)he is not human, and therefore I think that a Doctor / companion relationship falls into the same category as a King Kong / Fay Wray or Creature From The Black Lagoon / Julia Adams relationship - i.e something that is unnatural and totally unbelievable
Demoncrat likes this.

Old 10th May 2022, 09:46 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:

I've always had a problem with the Doctor being attracted to her / his companions. (S)he is not human, and therefore I think that a Doctor / companion relationship falls into the same category as a King Kong / Fay Wray or Creature From The Black Lagoon / Julia Adams relationship - i.e something that is unnatural and totally unbelievable
The character.
Old 10th May 2022, 10:21 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Quote:

I'm the same.

It worked okay once with Tennent and Piper but ever since then it's been cringe inducing when it's happened.

Martha fawning was dreadful.

That kiss with Amy at the end of Flesh and Stone was probably the worst scene i've ever seen in Doctor Who. However her relationship with Rory was fine as it didn't involve the Doctor.

The River Song wedding was weird, they got married but i don't recall any sort of romance but the Capaldi Christmas special suggested a love rather than anything sexual between the two and actually that was quite a sweet and poignant finale.

This with Yaz and Whittaker is so clunky and tacked on for the sake of it that it's just rubbish.

The companion should be the Doctor's friend, the Doctor's best friend, that's why Tennant and Tate worked so well.

Clara was similar but her character became pretty much Clara Who at times which was down to poor writing from Moffat in my opinion.

21st century Who does seem a bit too companion-centric. Yaz, who has always been pretty terrible, but for two series was masked by the even more terrible Ryan, has been a companion for three full series and several specials. That's longer than everyone bar Sarah Jane Smith who managed three series and two stories, which is quite ridiculous for such a lame duck companion.

Yaz, a longer serving TARDIS traveler than Jo, Leela, Jamie, Susan, Ian and Barbara. What was Chibnall thinking? Character wise she's on a par with Adam from series one.
Old 11th May 2022, 06:00 AM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Default Image of the Day # 1117

Susan (Carole Ann Ford) is contacted telepathically by The Sensorites in the 1964 story of the same name.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg ssorites (Medium).jpg (37.6 KB, 28 views)
Old 11th May 2022, 06:17 AM
Cult Master

Who: Before And After #762a
Name: Tara Ward [1959 - ]
Year(s): 1984
Stories: Warriors Of The Deep part 1– Warriors Of The Deep part 4
Character(s): Lieutenant Preston
Note: Was married to Who actor Ray Lonnen.

Before Who:
Films: None
Television: Plays for Pleasure: A Little Rococo (1981) / The Agatha Christie Hour: The Mystery of the Blue Jar (1982)

After Who:
Films: Star Quality: Bon Voyage (1985), The American Way (1986), Frightmares (1997), The Shadow (2009), Run for Your Wife (2012), For Love's Sake (2013), Justice League (2017), Grace and Gravity (2018)
Television: The District Nurse: The Market Price (1987) / Father Matthew's Daughter: I've Found a New Baby (1987) / Star Cops: Intelligent Listening for Beginners (1987) / The Play on One: Unreported Incident (1988) / Never the Twain [2 episodes, different characters (1988-1989)] / Every Silver Lining: No Cappuccino (1993) / Waiting for God: Financial Difficulties (1993) / Dark Realm: She's the One (2000) / Trinity [6 episodes as the voice of Avalon (2009)] / Veep: New Hampshire (2014) / Berlin Station: Do the Right Thing (2017)

Who: Before And After #762b
Name: Norman Comer [? - ]
Stories: Warriors Of The Deep part 1– Warriors Of The Deep part 4
Character(s): Ichtar
Note: Was also considered for the role of Tarpok in this story

Before Who:
Television: The Borderers: Giant (1969) / Barlow [13 episodes as Det. Sgt. David Rees (1971-1974)] / How Green Was My Valley* [5 episodes as Ifor Morgan (1975-1976)] / Strangers: Paying Guests (1978) / Terry and June: Uncle Terry, Auntie June (1980) / Seconds Out: Round 5 (1981) / Sorry!: Cromer or Bust (1982) / Angels [4 episodes as Alun Griffith (1982)] / The Old Men at the Zoo: Exodus (1983) / Reilly: Ace of Spies [2 episodes as Thomas (1983)]

After Who:
Television: Emmerdale Farm [2 episodes as Wilson (1984)] / Tucker's Luck [2 episodes as Martin (1985)] / C.A.T.S. Eyes: One Away (1986) / The Snow Spider [2 episodes as Mr. James (1988)] / Emlyn's Moon: A Fight (1990)

Who: Before And After #762c
Name: Nitza Saul [1950 - ] [Also credited as Nitza Shaul]
Stories: Warriors Of The Deep part 1 – Warriors Of The Deep part 2
Character(s): Karina

Before Who:
Films: The Policeman (1971), Katz and Carrasso (1971), Snooker (1975), Halfon Hill Doesn't Answer (1976), The Fox in the Chicken Coop (1978), ittle Man (1978), The Megillah 83 (1983)
Television: BBC2 Play of the Week: When the Actors Come (1978) / Kessler [6 episodes as Mical Rak (1981)]

After Who:
Films: Until September (1984), Flash (1987), Mindbender (1996), Who's the Father? (1996), Love in Suspenders (2019)
Television: C.A.T.S. Eyes: The Black Magic Man (1985) / Star Cops: A Double Life (1987) / EastEnders [4 episodes as Ruth (1989)] / Ramat Aviv Gimmel [2 episodes as Sheli Danor (1998)] / Florentine [5 episodes as Hana Shavit (1997-1998)] / Beikvot Hasipurim Haksumim (1998), Ugly Esti (2003) / Elvis, Rosental, VeHaIsha Hamistorit [2 episodes as Ika Ben David (2005-2006)] / Shtisel [3 episodes as Rebetzen Edna Heshin (2013)] / Sabri Maranan [2 episodes as Miryamale (2016)] / Tzomet Miller [2 episodes as Hannah (2018)] / Punch [2 episodes as Nitza (2019)] / Ron [2 episodes as Ron's mother (2015-2020)] / Zehu Ze! 2020 (2020)

Old 11th May 2022, 06:47 AM
Cult Master

Doctor Who’s Ncuti Gatwa reveal could be hiding another big surprise / Radio Times

Basically, people are speculating about what it means when Ncuti is being described in the BBC press statement as 'the *NEW* Doctor' instead of 'the *NEXT* Doctor' or 'the *FOURTEENTH* Doctor'

Old 11th May 2022, 01:14 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Doctor Who’s Ncuti Gatwa reveal could be hiding another big surprise / Radio Times

Basically, people are speculating about what it means when Ncuti is being described in the BBC press statement as 'the *NEW* Doctor' instead of 'the *NEXT* Doctor' or 'the *FOURTEENTH* Doctor'
Could be an interesting twist if this were the case.
Old 11th May 2022, 08:00 PM
Cult Acolyte

Quote:

Sounds like they are tying themselves in knots over semantics to me
Susan Foreman and will graham like this.

Like this? Share it using the links below!