Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Film Discussions > Sci-Fi & Fantasy
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Poll: Who's your favourite Doctor?
Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.
Poll Options
Who's your favourite Doctor?

Like Tree28659Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 1st May 2013, 05:44 PM
Cult Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike View Post
Every Who one i've seen with TBC on has ended up the official version.
Drokk! Get the BBC on the line right now!

DVD and BD collection
Old 1st May 2013, 06:35 PM
Cult Acolyte

It really is a shite cover. But it's also the best Who story ever.
Old 1st May 2013, 09:08 PM
Cult Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mojo View Post
It really is a shite cover. But it's also the best Who story ever.
Not my fave, but it's certainly up there.

DVD and BD collection
Old 1st May 2013, 09:34 PM
Cult King
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Senior Moderator

According to the latest mag out tomorrow.

The Name of the Doctor synopsis.

"Who is kidnapping the Doctor's friends, leading him to Trenzalore?

Could the fall of the eleventh be nigh?

The Doctors past, present and future lives are in grave danger and his greatest secret is about to be revealed."

I wonder if the earlier Doctors make an appearance in this story leading up to the special, but not actually in the special.???
Old 2nd May 2013, 02:39 PM
Seasoned Cultist

Preview of the second Pyramids of Mars set:

The Scarman figure is a nice surprise!
Old 2nd May 2013, 02:41 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

There's also this quote from the Doctor which reinforces my belief that the past Doctors may show up in the finale rather than the anniversary special.

"The path I carved through time and space, from Gallifrey to Trenzalore. My own personal time tunnel, leading back to every moment I ever lived. Every step, every tear, every kiss. Even the days I haven't lived yet. Which is why I shouldn't be here. The paradoxes... very bad..."
Old 2nd May 2013, 05:49 PM
Cult Addict

Got a few more Big Finish dramas today from there Ice Warrior Sale.

Then went on amazon and got these.
Really and truely, anyone who isn't listening to these is missing out on amazing stuff.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 51fVmhheahL__SL500_AA300_.jpg (27.2 KB, 3 views)
File Type: jpg 51HMUc0ZdRL__SL500_AA300_.jpg (25.7 KB, 3 views)
File Type: jpg 51cvnfsoWCL__SL500_AA300_.jpg (25.6 KB, 4 views)
File Type: jpg 51XILSeHYxL__SL500_AA300_.jpg (29.2 KB, 2 views)
File Type: jpg 61jxKcvN3XL__SL500_AA300_.jpg (30.9 KB, 3 views)

DVD and BD collection
Old 2nd May 2013, 07:47 PM
Seasoned Cultist

Quote:
According to the latest mag out tomorrow.

The Name of the Doctor synopsis.

"Who is kidnapping the Doctor's friends, leading him to Trenzalore?

Could the fall of the eleventh be nigh?

The Doctors past, present and future lives are in grave danger and his greatest secret is about to be revealed."

I wonder if the earlier Doctors make an appearance in this story leading up to the special, but not actually in the special.???
Quote:
There's also this quote from the Doctor which reinforces my belief that the past Doctors may show up in the finale rather than the anniversary special.

"The path I carved through time and space, from Gallifrey to Trenzalore. My own personal time tunnel, leading back to every moment I ever lived. Every step, every tear, every kiss. Even the days I haven't lived yet. Which is why I shouldn't be here. The paradoxes... very bad..."
Here's an interesting post from somone on Facebook which supposedly gives the full plotline of the finale. It's probably utter bullsh*t but a few of the details do match up with the ones given by Doctor Who Magazine (Warning, if it does turn out to be accurate then it's massively spoilerific):

SPOILER:
'Every journey taken by a time-traveller tears a wound in the fabric of reality, and the Doctor has time-travelled more than anyone. But the trail runs cold in Trenzalore, the one place in all of time and space that he should never go. The most dangerous place in the universe... The Great intelligence kidnaps the Doctors friends and lures him to Trenzalore. The Timelord Graveyard.
He asks the Doctor to speak his name. The name being the password to his tomb. In a place were no living creature can speak falsely, the only other person who knows his name (River) unwillingly speaks it. The tomb is filled with a million strands of Timelight. His own personal time tunnel, leading back to every moment he ever lived. Every step, every tear, every kiss. Even the days he hasn’t lived yet. The Great intelligence then invades Timelight web. Penetrating every corner of the Doctors history. Turning every victory he ever had into defeat. Killing him over and over and over., breaching his regeneration limit and killing 11 permanently. The doctor collapses to the ground, River holding him. Clara knows what she must do. She too enters the Timelight web. She proceeds to save him over and over and over, but dies in the process. Hence her appearing fractured throughout the Doctors timeline. The great intelligence is forced from the web and flees but its too late for 11. Although not permanently dying, the invasion has brought him to his final incarnation and he regenerates into…..John Hurt.'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkmonger View Post
Got a few more Big Finish dramas today from there Ice Warrior Sale.

Then went on amazon and got these.
Really and truely, anyone who isn't listening to these is missing out on amazing stuff.
I've never been much of fan of Big Finish but I must admit, some of those Ice Warrior stories look interesting. Any chance of some reviews please once you've listened to them Hawk?
Hawkmonger likes this.
Old 2nd May 2013, 07:54 PM
Cult Addict

Sure will RedEye. heard good stuff about Deimos and Ressurection of Mars (a four part sereal all together).

DVD and BD collection
Old 2nd May 2013, 07:59 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedEyeTheCylon View Post
Here's an interesting post from somone on Facebook which supposedly gives the full plotline of the finale. It's probably utter bullsh*t but a few of the details do match up with the ones given by Doctor Who Magazine (Warning, if it does turn out to be accurate then it's massively spoilerific):

SPOILER:
'Every journey taken by a time-traveller tears a wound in the fabric of reality, and the Doctor has time-travelled more than anyone. But the trail runs cold in Trenzalore, the one place in all of time and space that he should never go. The most dangerous place in the universe... The Great intelligence kidnaps the Doctors friends and lures him to Trenzalore. The Timelord Graveyard.
He asks the Doctor to speak his name. The name being the password to his tomb. In a place were no living creature can speak falsely, the only other person who knows his name (River) unwillingly speaks it. The tomb is filled with a million strands of Timelight. His own personal time tunnel, leading back to every moment he ever lived. Every step, every tear, every kiss. Even the days he hasn’t lived yet. The Great intelligence then invades Timelight web. Penetrating every corner of the Doctors history. Turning every victory he ever had into defeat. Killing him over and over and over., breaching his regeneration limit and killing 11 permanently. The doctor collapses to the ground, River holding him. Clara knows what she must do. She too enters the Timelight web. She proceeds to save him over and over and over, but dies in the process. Hence her appearing fractured throughout the Doctors timeline. The great intelligence is forced from the web and flees but its too late for 11. Although not permanently dying, the invasion has brought him to his final incarnation and he regenerates into…..John Hurt.'

It sounds a possibility but for the regenerates into John Hurt part as 11 was seen dangling from the TARDIS in Trafalgar Square in the special.

Or maybe he can now regenerate back and forth at will who knows?

Like this? Share it using the links below!