Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   Sci-Fi & Fantasy (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=542)
-   -   The Doctor Who Thread (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/sci-fi-fantasy/2137-doctor-who-thread.html)

gag 2nd January 2010 04:56 PM

I been a bit give and take... a lot of the 1hr specials etc etc i found all to be pants as a whole i didnt mind David tennant but i preferd christopher eccleston
1 of my fav episodes have been the Blink where you not to look at the statues.. i found that realy good on many levels, the problem is i find there relying a lot on dr old enemies....just keep bringing back old enemies and revamping them

DeadAlive 3rd January 2010 10:28 AM

Blink was the best episode of the Tennant incarnation IMHO. Strange that The Doctor is almost a supporting character in that story

Mojo 3rd January 2010 06:13 PM

'Blink' was an absolute classic.
Looks like the Weeping Angels are back for the next series ... ;)

LineSix 23rd March 2010 04:43 PM

Doctor Who

Hi

I can't believe theres no Doctor Who thread, one of the greatest Sci-Fi series of all time, and my personal favourite. I actually grew up at a time when Doctor Who wasn't even on TV (the 90's), so I'm wedged between the classic series and the new series. I started watching the classic series at an early age and have been a fan ever since. I actually don't like the new series to be honest, I had gotten used to the 'cheap' and 'old fashioned' way the classic series was made, so when I saw the new and flashy series I just couldn't take to it at all and I've only watched a few episodes of it.

I'm actually looking forward to this new Doctor though, Matt Smith, he actually looks the part and has a Troughton-esque thing going.

Of course my favourite classic Doctor is Patrick Troughton, he didn't do a bad story in my opinion and it sucks that most of his stories are lost forever, although the audio reproductions are superb and really capture the feel.

Anyway, I just thought I would get a bit of Doctor Who discussion going.

Thanks.

Stephen@Cult Labs 23rd March 2010 04:48 PM

Threads merged. ;)

LineSix 23rd March 2010 05:04 PM

I didn't even realise there was a Doctor Who thread, I searched for 'Doctor Who' and nothing came up... :dizzy:

Stephen@Cult Labs 23rd March 2010 05:06 PM

Strange.Well not to worry,all mashed together now. :)

vincenzo 23rd March 2010 10:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LineSix (Post 68929)
Of course my favourite classic Doctor is Patrick Troughton, he didn't do a bad story in my opinion and it sucks that most of his stories are lost forever

Hartnell was my favourite but I agree about Troughton. Only 6 complete stories out of 21 survive which is unforgivable. He was a fine successor to Hartnell, just as Pertwee was an excellent successor to Troughton.

It all seemed to go wrong after Tom Baker. :ohwell:

Debzz 24th March 2010 04:09 PM

i love Doctor Who!! the old ones, not too keen on the new ones though!
the mind robber is one of my favourites! :D
i actually quite like some of sylvester mccoys ones! his later ones like ghost light and curse of fenric!
i love robots of death!!

Mojo 24th March 2010 06:39 PM

I rate The Mind Robber highly, too. It's a travesty that so many of Pat Troughton's stories are lost. He is definitely one of my favourite Doctors.

Tom Baker, then Jon Pertwee then Pat T.

Great choice with Robots Of Death . Classic!