Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   Sci-Fi & Fantasy (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=542)
-   -   The Doctor Who Thread (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/sci-fi-fantasy/2137-doctor-who-thread.html)

Demdike@Cult Labs 23rd May 2013 02:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nosferatu42 (Post 343195)
Hi Demdike,
Its really the Master i have a problem with, maybe if there was a series i would have warmed to her more. I haven't heard any of the audio stories. Also i dont think it helped that she sort of killed Sylvester's doctor. ;)

She must have just watched Time and the Rani.

Susan Foreman 23rd May 2013 10:55 PM

Doctor Who News: The Ice Warriors: original trailer to be included on DVD

Susan Foreman 24th May 2013 11:49 AM

Daleks' Invasion Earth 2150 A.D. | Blu-Ray Review | Film @ The Digital Fix

Roughale 24th May 2013 11:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by suziginajackson (Post 343430)

After the review of the first movie BD, I went straight to zavvi and ordered the 2BD pack with both films, good to see that film 2 was done well as well ;)

Demdike@Cult Labs 25th May 2013 04:58 PM

1 Attachment(s)
This new book from Marcus Hearn seems a must buy to me.

If its anything like his excellent Hammer books then it will be a delight.

The Vault
by Marcus Hearn
Published by BBC Books on 24 October 2013

Drawing on unseen and iconic material from the BBC archive and private collectors, The Vault is an unforgettable journey through 50 years of Doctor Who, via carefully selected photographs, props, costumes designs, production memos, letters, scripts and more.

This is the full and official story of Doctor Who, from the first pre-production memos in 1963 to the most recent props created for the 2013 series, including interviews with key players and scores of prop photos, design sketches and behind the scenes stills from every decade of the show’s production. Taking you year by year through the world’s
longest running science fiction series, Marcus Hearn explores the show’s groundbreaking innovations as well as its impact on popular culture through books and comics, magazines and toys, merchandise and ephemera.

The Vault is a collector’s dream, and the ultimate celebration of Doctor Who.

Gothmogxx 25th May 2013 11:57 PM

Just finished watching a recon of The Wheel in Space. Pretty good episode. Getting through a lot of the missing episodes at a quicker pace now!

Gothmogxx 25th May 2013 11:58 PM

Does anyone else here watch the reconstructions on youtube?

Demoncrat 27th May 2013 01:22 PM

Will look into these.

The Mutants came early!! Far better looking than my blurry dvdr (DUH), and a great comm by all concerned, even if if I hear Dicks' Robin Bland story again I may scream :lol:

Demdike@Cult Labs 27th May 2013 09:40 PM

Have people nothing better to do?

Discriminate! Discriminate! Doctor Who branded 'thunderingly racist' by academics - because he conquers Daleks rather than slavery... and he even likes cricket! | Mail Online

Susan Foreman 28th May 2013 06:37 AM

YouTube - Doctor Who references in other shows