Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Film Discussions > Sci-Fi & Fantasy
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Poll: Who's your favourite Doctor?
Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.
Poll Options
Who's your favourite Doctor?

Like Tree28660Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 22nd November 2013, 07:42 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs View Post
Who hates Smith? (Except Demoncrat)

Personally i think he's very good, unfortunately, as with McCoy, he's had some poor material to work with.

If you don't mind me asking Hawk, how did you become a fan age 8? Its genuine interest, as back in 2003 there was no tv Who and it wasn't announced until late in that year that it would be coming back.
It's not that I hate him. I just felt it ruined the scene. Bradley was excellent, as was "Carol Ann Ford" imo.

[B]
"... the days ahead will be filled with struggle ... and coated in marzipan ... "[/B]
Old 22nd November 2013, 07:58 PM
Cult Addict

I really don't like the first part of the end of time and find the parts with the master leaping about to be pointless and embarrassing, but i quite like the second episode with the return of the time lords.
The scene when the Doctor finally takes up the gun is one i really like, especially the part when the Master says 'go on then' and Tennant tells him to get out the way.
The end is overly sentimental, but i can live with it because it was a send off for both Tennant and Davies and you get to catch up with the companions one last time.
Demdike@Cult Labs likes this.
Old 22nd November 2013, 10:07 PM
Cult King
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by nosferatu42 View Post
I really don't like the first part of the end of time and find the parts with the master leaping about to be pointless and embarrassing, but i quite like the second episode with the return of the time lords.
The scene when the Doctor finally takes up the gun is one i really like, especially the part when the Master says 'go on then' and Tennant tells him to get out the way.
The end is overly sentimental, but i can live with it because it was a send off for both Tennant and Davies and you get to catch up with the companions one last time.
That pretty much sums it up for me as well.
Old 22nd November 2013, 10:13 PM
Cult Addict
Good Trader

Quote:
That pretty much sums it up for me as well.
Same here although they played the regeneration too much like the end of a terminal illness I felt.
Hawkmonger likes this.
Old 22nd November 2013, 10:18 PM
Cult Addict

I got teary eyed at the certain cameo in An adventure in Space and Time. There, i said it! I thought although it overly symbolic, it was still wonderful.

DVD and BD collection
Old 22nd November 2013, 10:18 PM
Cult Addict
Good Trader

Dickheady sneering of Dr Who fans, currently on the Graham Norton show! Matt and David should know better!
Old 22nd November 2013, 10:30 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulD View Post
Dickheady sneering of Dr Who fans, currently on the Graham Norton show! Matt and David should know better!
I can't stick Jimmy Carr at the best of times.
Old 22nd November 2013, 10:40 PM
Cult Addict
Good Trader

Quote:
I can't stick Jimmy Carr at the best of times.
I don't like his comedy but he's always good on panel shows, quick witted and has a genuine passion for comedy as an art. His comments were just general tedious cheap shots to be expected. It annoyed me more that Tenant and Smith (mainly Tenant) seemed to be mocking the people in the chair for being (perhaps overly) obsessive fans.
mr 420 likes this.
Old 22nd November 2013, 10:51 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulD View Post
I don't like his comedy but he's always good on panel shows, quick witted and has a genuine passion for comedy as an art. His comments were just general tedious cheap shots to be expected. It annoyed me more that Tenant and Smith (mainly Tenant) seemed to be mocking the people in the chair for being (perhaps overly) obsessive fans.
It didn't annoy me, because i was doing the same.

I used to go to Who conventions quite a bit and some fans want locking up for the anal questions they ask the actors and the frankly ridiculous costumes they wear. I'm not talking about the ones that dressed as extremely realistic Cybermen etc, but the ones who looked like they'd been let out on day release.
Old 22nd November 2013, 10:59 PM
Cult Addict
Good Trader

Quote:
It didn't annoy me, because i was doing the same.

I used to go to Who conventions quite a bit and some fans want locking up for the anal questions they ask the actors and the frankly ridiculous costumes they wear. I'm not talking about the ones that dressed as extremely realistic Cybermen etc, but the ones who looked like they'd been let out on day release.
I guess, although your career hasn't seen a surge in popularity in part due to these very people. I dunno, it just seemed kinda lazy and there purely to reinforce the whole "Dr Who fans are sad lonely nutcases" idea for cheap laughs. I'd have thought the BBC were above that with the 50th Anniversary etc

Like this? Share it using the links below!