Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Film Discussions > Sci-Fi & Fantasy
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Poll: Who's your favourite Doctor?
Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.
Poll Options
Who's your favourite Doctor?

Like Tree28655Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 22nd November 2013, 11:04 PM
Cult King
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulD View Post
I guess, although your career hasn't seen a surge in popularity in part due to these very people. I dunno, it just seemed kinda lazy and there purely to reinforce the whole "Dr Who fans are sad lonely nutcases" idea for cheap laughs. I'd have thought the BBC were above that with the 50th Anniversary etc
Its Graham Norton. It wasn't any different to any of his shows especially regarding that chair section.

Tbh i thought it was a waste of time them being on it the amount of air time they got.
Old 22nd November 2013, 11:08 PM
Cult Addict
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs View Post
Its Graham Norton. It wasn't any different to any of his shows especially regarding that chair section.

Tbh i thought it was a waste of time them being on it the amount of air time they got
Yeah, totally agree with that "blah blah hairstyles, blah blah 2 Doctors in one show WHAT?! blah blah sneer sneer"
Old 22nd November 2013, 11:10 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

The sheer number of times i've seen Tennant discussing the show properly these past few days it was probably a relief to let his hair down so to speak.
Old 22nd November 2013, 11:14 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

The 50th-anniversary edition of Doctor Who Magazine has proved so popular it is being reprinted just a week after publication.

Doctor Who News: Anniversary edition of DWM goes to reprint

its worth picking up - The 12 art cards are lovely.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (95.0 KB, 8 views)
Old 22nd November 2013, 11:50 PM
Cult Addict
Good Trader

Settling down to watch Attack of the Cybermen. Oh Peri! You and your neon pink leotard thing!
Old 23rd November 2013, 07:34 AM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by sam tyler View Post
Just received my doctor who series 1-7 blu ray box set but unfortunately some genius in BBC shop's packing dept decided to send the item in a small cardboard box with no inside packaging whatsoever, so perhaps unsurprisingly the cardboard outer case is dented and the series 7 blu-ray case is smashed as the good ole boys at Parcel Farce obviously decided to have a game of 5 a side with my parcel.

The response I got from BBC shop was return the item to us and well send a replacement and reimburse your postage however considering the insurance I will need in order to cover the item, my initial postage outlay will be quite high.

Then begins the wait for the replacement and refund....

It's no wonder most people won't go past Amazon for customer service.

Well a couple of weeks on and I've finally received my new box set.

After making a complete nuisance of myself, BBC Shop finally provided me with a free post returns address however they said it could take 14 days for their returns department to validate the return and (it actually took 13 days) so not too good when you've laid out a hefty sum with nothing to show for it for 2 and bit weeks

Anyway I have the replacement set now which unbelievably was sent yet again with no bubble wrap (although thankfully this one is undamaged)

Just need to find time to watch them now
Old 23rd November 2013, 08:18 PM
Seasoned Cultist

Wow. Just wow. That was worth the wait: totallly exceeded my expectations.

"No sir, ALL THIRTEEN!"

Oh and HAPPY BIRTHDAY DOCTOR WHO! HERES TO ANOTHER 50 YEARS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 23rd November 2013, 08:25 PM
Cult Master
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Brilliant episode. The 3D was pretty good too. All the Doctors appearing, my favourire Doctor, Tom Baker returning, and I'm sure that was Peter Davson's eyes near the beginning when Matt Smith's eyes changed as he said he's had many faces.
Old 23rd November 2013, 08:33 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

I'm more of a dr who watcher than a dr fan fan, I like it but not a real follower or geek etc and to be honest it bored me silly watched the 3d on the hd channel it wasn't that impressive, taped it off ch 977 in 3d and the 3d was better, for those who watched it in bbc hd in 3d it's being repeated again TOMMOROW in 3d on 977 if you want to see the difference, best 3d I've ever seen was the opening ceremony of the Olympics games WOW !
Old 23rd November 2013, 08:42 PM
Cult Acolyte

Thought 'Day' was pretty cool, great to see Billie of course, nice acting all round and a lovely way to involve Tom Baker,top stuff.

Like this? Share it using the links below!