Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Film Discussions > Sci-Fi & Fantasy
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Poll: Who's your favourite Doctor?
Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.
Poll Options
Who's your favourite Doctor?

Like Tree28659Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 23rd November 2013, 11:03 PM
Cult King
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Senior Moderator

Thanks Paul. Nice one.

It was great to see the Zygons properly. I thought they'd just be a cameo but they were used well and looked pretty scary at times. Look forward to seeing them again.

I never buy the individual dvd releases of the rebooted Who and just wait for the series box sets but that will be changing for this. I can't wait another eighteen months to see it again.
Old 24th November 2013, 08:26 AM
Cult Master

Doctor Who: The Tenth Planet | DVD Review | Television @ The Digital Fix

Series 8
Video 7
Audio 7
Extras 8
Demoncrat likes this.

Golly, Gee! it's wrong to be so guilty
Old 24th November 2013, 09:12 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Just watched The Five (ish) Doctors again.

I really like it. The Ian Mckellen / Peter Jackson part is so funny. A real treat for classic era fans. I really hope it makes it onto a dvd at some point.
Demoncrat likes this.
Old 25th November 2013, 10:29 AM
Cult Master

My copy of 'The Enemy of the World' DVD arrived this morning

As expected, it is a vanilla release. The only 'extra' is the "coming soon" trailer, which is for 'The Web of Fear'

Old 25th November 2013, 12:34 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Yes, The fiveish doctors was the best thing about it. Any one else spot Frazier Hines looking REEEALLY pissed off at the back during the after show??

Thanks for all my birthday greetings folks btw!!

[B]
"... the days ahead will be filled with struggle ... and coated in marzipan ... "[/B]
Old 25th November 2013, 12:38 PM
Seasoned Cultist

Let me recapture my 50th anniversary experience at the cinema last Saturday...

I was amazed how many DW fans were at that cinema alone (and good thing, I forgot to bring my sonic screwdriver, there were enough prersent ). People were dressed up, many in T-shirts with the one or other design (I had the Tee Fury mash up of DW and Zelda, which was very appropriate as the new 3DS Zelda had been released the day before), some Fezes were spotted, as well as #4 scarves, some had written stuff on their skin and so on - it was having thze full convention feeling a bit. And they had so much requests for tickets, they had added a second cinema room and added a late showing as well. Same goes for another cinema, so that means, Hamburg alone had more than 1000 fans at the cinema for this -

The opening clips were first annoying (dubbed commercials for the BD releases - and although I generally hate dubs, these were particularily nasty!), but then the two extra produced spots came on, the no-handies spot was a hoot and then the 3D turn on spot with Matt and David was hilarious - we were all ready!

When the first scene reminiscended the first ever episode, I knew I would love the special episode and indeed I did - fantastic stuff, good story, great acting and a good twist for the next 50 years - although something may still have to be done about the exhaustion of regenerations that was set in The Deadly Assassin...

Sunday I found the 5-ish Doctors special and laughed a lot, since it was also a BBC production, I guess the flames are not as high as some media made it, well done tongue-in-cheek approach with many fantastic cameos.

Happy anniversary Doctor!

And the Adventures in Space and Time Film sounds interesting too, good thing it is releaseed next week!
Old 25th November 2013, 06:08 PM
Cult Acolyte

Day Of The Doctor was fantastic. The appearance of Tom Baker was unbelievable. Moffat has done the series proud with this. And let's have the Zygons back ( again! )

Half way through The Enemy Of The World. Superb. Pat Troughton is a bloody genius.
Old 25th November 2013, 06:12 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

I went to Sainsburies to pick up Enemy of the World and they didn't stock it.

Nor Sons of Anarchy series 5.
Old 25th November 2013, 06:34 PM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by suziginajackson View Post
My copy of 'The Enemy of the World' DVD arrived this morning

As expected, it is a vanilla release. The only 'extra' is the "coming soon" trailer, which is for 'The Web of Fear'
I don't know what's more annoying the complete lack of extras or the thought of the obligatory double dip further down the line with an extras filled re-visitation
Susan Foreman likes this.
Old 26th November 2013, 07:34 AM
Cult Master

The title for the 2013 Christmas Special has been announced

Apparently, it's going to be called 'The Time of the Doctor'

The BBC synopsis:

"Orbiting a quiet backwater planet, the massed forces of the universe’s deadliest species gather, drawn to a mysterious message that echoes out to the stars. And amongst them – the Doctor. Rescuing Clara from a family Christmas dinner, the Time Lord and his best friend must learn what this enigmatic signal means for his own fate and that of the universe."

Like this? Share it using the links below!